The Student Room Group

Islamic centre burned down(pics)

A Shia Center Burned Down in Kuwait

[video="youtube_share;YPOlo2d6l50"]http://youtu.be/YPOlo2d6l50[/video]

A Shia Islamic Center was burned down in Kuwait. As witnesses report Al-Zahar Center was burned down and no group has claimed the responsibility yet.
The mysterious attack takes place as Shia Muslims prepare for the Muharram rituals. Muharram, the first month of Islamic calendar, is a significant month for Shia Muslims as they commemorate the martyrdom of Husayn ibn Ali, Prophet Muhammad’s grandson, in 680 CE in the Battle of Karbala. Muharram rituals are significant to the community as they symbolize Shia opposition to discrimination and oppression. The community honors this month by wearing black attire and attending seminars, lectures and special prayer services.
No one was hurt but there are many damages to the center building and other Shia Muslim properties.
Another attack took place when Shia community were commemorating the 7th day of the Hassan Shehata in Kuwait in July.
SRW is concerned for the security of Shia Muslims in this country. Shia Muslims are minority in Kuwait and the government must protect them and their rights. SRW urges the government to investigate the violence toward Shia and prevent future discriminations.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Where is this world going to?

(edited 10 years ago)
Another loving act by the religion of peace. Shiites killing Shias. What they really need is mass immigration and diversity.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Another loving act by the religion of peace. Shiites killing Shias. What they really need is mass immigration and diversity.

It wasn't shiites killing shiites.

It was an attack on shiites
, probably by radical groups who distort Islam.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4

shiite is a different name for shia

don't even bother commenting if you clearly have no idea what you're on about
Reply 5
What is this a Sunni/Shia thing?
Original post by Zainabahlulbayt
It wasn't shiites killing shiites.

It was an attack on shiites
, probably by radical groups who distort Islam.

My guess is that the hardline Al Qaeadas will kill any Muslim who does not act in the way they want.
My guess is that the hardline Al Qaeadas will kill any Muslim who does not act in the way they want.

And i would agree with you on that.
[h="1"]A Shia Center Burned Down in Kuwait[/h]

A Shia Islamic Center was burned down in Kuwait. As witnesses report Al-Zahar Center was burned down and no group has claimed the responsibility yet.
The mysterious attack takes place as Shia Muslims prepare for the Muharram rituals. Muharram, the first month of Islamic calendar, is a significant month for Shia Muslims as they commemorate the martyrdom of Husayn ibn Ali, Prophet Muhammad’s grandson, in 680 CE in the Battle of Karbala. Muharram rituals are significant to the community as they symbolize Shia opposition to discrimination and oppression. The community honors this month by wearing black attire and attending seminars, lectures and special prayer services.
No one was hurt but there are many damages to the center building and other Shia Muslim properties.
Another attack took place when Shia community were commemorating the 7th day of the Hassan Shehata in Kuwait in July.
SRW is concerned for the security of Shia Muslims in this country. Shia Muslims are minority in Kuwait and the government must protect them and their rights. SRW urges the government to investigate the violence toward Shia and prevent future discriminations.

I have seen, and commented, on a lot of your posts recently. Although it is a terrible thing to read about, isn't it because you believe a terrible religion?
Original post by joey11223
What is this a Sunni/Shia thing?

Sunnis and Shias live in peace.

It's Wahhabi's i.e alqaeda.

Here's a short video:

[video="youtube_share;PJ-CDTHwpdU"]http://youtu.be/PJ-CDTHwpdU[/video]
Original post by itsn0b0dy
shiite is a different name for shia

don't even bother commenting if you clearly have no idea what you're on about

I disagree. They're diffetent. They're 2 different sects like Catholics and Methodists, who have some strong hate for eacother.
Original post by nimrodstower
I have seen, and commented, on a lot of your posts recently. Although it is a terrible thing to read about, isn't it because you believe a terrible religion?

Islam is genuinly a religion of peace , defined in a balanced way. But alqaeda and co are dictators.

]

What about all the sectarian stuff starting at the outbreak of the Iraq war? Or is it all Al-Qaeda and Shia revenge attacks?

It's Wahhabi's i.e alqaeda.

is this the purpose of your account? to say this?
What about all the sectarian stuff starting at the outbreak of the Iraq war? Or is it all Al-Qaeda and Shia revenge attacks?

Alqaeda have basically infiltrated into Iraq - though not the government. They want to destabalize the shiites and murder them essentially.

In Alqaeda tradition, suicide bombing is OK.

Sunnis and shiites BOTH say it's FORBIDDEN, and it's FORBIDDEN to murder a sunni or shiite.

It's just the extremist alqaeda's.

You see Syria? Bashar is a dicator, but a lot of the rebels are alqaeda backed groups brainwashing followers to fight against 'the shia'.

I am a shia, i don't even LIKE Assad.

But he's better than alqaeda getting into power.
Reply 15
I disagree. They're diffetent. They're 2 different sects like Catholics and Methodists, who have some strong hate for eacother.

you're getting confused and mixing up sunni with shia.

shiite and shia are the same term. Shiite is the western term for shia, which is the arabic term.

sunnia is a completely different sect...
Islam is genuinly a religion of peace , defined in a balanced way. But alqaeda and co are dictators.

You are going to be hard pressed to convince people in the west, that Islam is a religion of peace. It is being hijacked by extremists, and the 'moderate' Muslims stay quiet about it, or tacitly approve of it. The divisions within Islam are enough to convince me that Islam is not a religion of peace, and never will be until the moderate Muslims stand up and be counted.
Reply 17

Al Qaeda aren't in Iraq. It's a different group by the name of The Islamic state of Iraq and Levant.

The Iraqi government would've beat them had it been them alone but they having the backing of some tribes.

Recently though, the government proposed money for every militant killed (to try and tempt the tribes into changing sides).

At the moment, I can't say ISIL have it too bad.

Original post by + polarity -
is this the purpose of your account? to say this?

Pretty much.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
WHy is there no longer a neg rep button
Original post by itsn0b0dy
you're getting confused and mixing up sunni with shia.

shiite and shia are the same term. Shiite is the western term for shia, which is the arabic term.

sunnia is a completely different sect...

[h="1"]Al-Azhar Verdict on the Shi’a[/h]
What follows is the Fatwa (religious verdict/ruling) of one of the Sunni world’s most revered scholars, Shaikh Mahmood Shaltoot with regard to the Shi’a. Shaikh Shaltoot was the head of the renowned al-Azhar Theological school in Egypt, one of the main centers of Sunni scholarship in the world. It should be of interest to know that a few decades ago, a group of Sunni and Shi’a scholars formed a center at al-Azhar by the name of "Dar al-Taqreeb al-Madhahib al-Islamiyyah”which translates into "Center for bringing together the various Islamic schools of thought".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending