The Student Room Group

Possible 18th birthday ideas: Fancy Dress costumes and party themes. Which one?

This poll is closed

Which theme and costume should I have for my 18th?

Doctor Who (The 10th Doctor) 25%
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the original Wonka in purple) 13%
Disney in general (Peter Pan) 38%
More Disney specific, Frozen (Kristoff) 0%
No particular theme, free, random and other optional costumes (Pikachu) 25%
Other (please specify in the comments below)0%
Total votes: 8
I'm 18 in November. :woo:

These are my ideas of a fancy dress party for my 18th if I can do one. Which one's your favourite or what other ideas would you like to suggest (other)? The themes come first in each option and my costume that I'd wear is in brackets. Any help would be appreciated. :ta: I have just over 6 months to decide! :smile:

The poll closes on 8th May, exactly 6 months before my birthday. :yy:

Edit: Apparently we can't have an 18th party. So this just sucks, looks like I'm just going in pubs. Meh. Might as well leave the poll open and see what could have been.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
If you doing it a venue arrive in a hired ice cream truck, or on a horse, and do a ice cream party with tons of flavours, or a posh party with a posh theme (the horse etc)
Reply 2
Toy story could be fun as well
Original post by Hertz
If you doing it a venue arrive in a hired ice cream truck, or on a horse, and do a ice cream party with tons of flavours, or a posh party with a posh theme (the horse etc)

Hiring an ice cream van sounds awesome but I'd want a buffet with an ice cream machine anyway. But I can't ride horses. :colondollar: But good idea. Even though I'm not posh lol. But thanks. :ta:
Original post by natninja
Toy story could be fun as well

Interesting. :yes: It's considerable but not guaranteed. :colonhash: But I like the idea. :biggrin: I could be Woody. :lol:
Reply 5
I'd go for something fairly broad, where everyone would have some idea of what to wear - Disney is my favourite of your options for that reason, and also because people often like going back to their childhood for 18th parties.

I'd stay away from anything too specific like 'Frozen' - obviously I don't know your group of friends, but I haven't seen it, so if I was invited to a Frozen-themed party I'd be a bit lost! :tongue:

You could also try a more generically formal theme - I had 'Great Gatsby' for my 18th and that went really well. :biggrin:
Original post by Jozka
I'd go for something fairly broad, where everyone would have some idea of what to wear - Yeah, that's why Disney is my favourite so far :biggrin: (even though I voted Pikachu, simply because I couldn't think of any idea for a theme lol)- Disney is my favourite of your options for that reason, and also because people often like going back to their childhood for 18th parties.

I'd stay away from anything too specific like 'Frozen' - Yeah, I thought it might be too specific too- obviously I don't know your group of friends, but I haven't seen it, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN FROZEN GET OUT :lol:, so if I was invited to a Frozen-themed party I'd be a bit lost! :tongue:

You could also try a more generically formal theme - I had 'Great Gatsby' for my 18th and that went really well. :biggrin:
I like the idea in general but I don't want it to be formal or posh really lol, but thanks. :ta:
I think it is better to have a broad concept, I always liked the idea of the theme being the first letter of your name. So mine would be 'G' and people could dress up as anything beginning with the letter G. It lets people use their creativity and if your friends are inventive you can see interesting results. It also is based on your name - it is your birthday after all.

I went to a pimps n' hoes 18th a few years ago which was also really good but I guess that depends on your style.
Original post by Georgie_M
I think it is better to have a broad concept, I always liked the idea of the theme being the first letter of your name. So mine would be 'G' and people could dress up as anything beginning with the letter G. It lets people use their creativity and if your friends are inventive you can see interesting results. It also is based on your name - it is your birthday after all.

I went to a pimps n' hoes 18th a few years ago which was also really good but I guess that depends on your style.

That's an interesting idea. :yes: I wonder what people would dress up as beginning with L (or S if they don't know I'm trans lol). But that could confuse a lot of people so... :s-smilie: The pimps and hoes party isn't my style though, sorry. :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest