The Student Room Group

I woke up at 6pm ... all-nighter?

So I went to sleep at around midnight last night and somehow I just had 18 hours of sleep and woke up at 6pm ... sleeping through 8 alarms (Not all of these alarms are meant as a wake-up alarm, most of them are meant to keep me in my morning routine ... like do this and this by this alarm etc.)

Say if I went to bed at 11pm tonight, I'd only of been awake for 5 hours by then and I won't be tired enough to fall asleep .. I could just lay in bed for hours and hours and eventually get no sleep.

Is it better to just do an all-nighter?
Yeah probably, and then get to bed at a good time tomorrow night :yes:
Reply 2
6pm... Do you live alone by any chance? :redface:

Just do something until something like 2/3am and if you start to feel a bit drowsy, go to sleep!
Original post by Jkizer
6pm... Do you live alone by any chance? :redface:

Just do something until something like 2/3am and if you start to feel a bit drowsy, go to sleep!

Yes :frown:
Parents are on holiday for 2 weeks. (I go to College atm)

No idea how I had 18 hours of sleep though, and sleeping through my alarms ! I'm just as surprised. Missed out on a lot today.
Reply 4
18 hours!:eek:what are you?
i have never had so many hours of uninterrupted sleep
Original post by muf_mur
18 hours!:eek:what are you?
i have never had so many hours of uninterrupted sleep

A vampire :zomg:

I honestly don't know how ... I've only done this once before, a few years ago and it was almost 24 hours :colondollar:
Reply 6
Yeah I do this more than I'd like to admit :ninja: Best to just stay awake then sleep earlyish tomorrow evening :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by I'veGotAHadron
So I went to sleep at around midnight last night and somehow I just had 18 hours of sleep and woke up at 6pm ... sleeping through 8 alarms (Not all of these alarms are meant as a wake-up alarm, most of them are meant to keep me in my morning routine ... like do this and this by this alarm etc.)

Say if I went to bed at 11pm tonight, I'd only of been awake for 5 hours by then and I won't be tired enough to fall asleep .. I could just lay in bed for hours and hours and eventually get no sleep.

Is it better to just do an all-nighter?

18 hours??? Amateur.

I once slept for 19 hours straight. True story. :biggrin:
Reply 8
I'd go for the all nighter, certainly.
Unless you plan on running a marathon tonight you just aren't going to feel tired at a normal time. Stay up and go to bed at like 9pm, you'd only have to stay up for 27 hours which really isn't that much if you don't have anything mentally or physical strenuous to do.
How on earth is that physically possible? I have like 5/6 hours a night :tongue: I'd definitely suggest an all nighter just don't feel asleep during the day tomorrow.
Reply 10
tbh i wouldn't suggest an all nighter, although I've never done an all nighter to try to fix my sleeping pattern so IDK if it works. I'd just feel like ****. I once slept from 1am to 5:30pm and I just went to bed fairy normal (maybe 2am) and then woke up and stayed awake. I would hate the early hours of the morning (5am-8am) without sleeping.
at age 7 in 2012, i woke up at 6pm once and just went back to sleep after 10 minutes. it's normal.

Latest