The Student Room Group

"Nazi scum off our streets"

Did anyone ever consider how ironic that slogan is?

Scroll to see replies

If you mean Unite Against Fascism, then yes.
Reply 2
I completely agree with you. The whole idea of it is why we must vote for UKIP as they are the only ones who can save this country
The UAF are by definition fascists. The UAF are pure scum
There is nothing wrong with fighting fascism. If you check your history books we fought a war to keep Nazis off our streets.

Or would you have been one of these who would have told Churchill to be nice to them and let them in?
The UAF are fascists on every level. They're directly involved with the withholding of free speech.
Reply 6
Original post by MagicNMedicine
There is nothing wrong with fighting fascism. If you check your history books we fought a war to keep Nazis off our streets.

Or would you have been one of these who would have told Churchill to be nice to them and let them in?

It is an ironic slogan as being against freedom to protest is nazi.
Reply 7
Fascists have just as much right to voice and expression their opinions as non-fascists. Freedom of speech is an indivisible right.

People are unaware that freedom of speech works 2 ways.

Freedom to express your opinions and also freedom to listen and judge for yourself.

I demand the right to hear every neo-nazi deny the Holocaust because I want to be able to judge that opinion with my own personal judgement. (I think they are wrong and terrible!)

Anti free speech campaigners like UAF hate the general public as they fear that if people are not told how to think they will become fascists.

http://www.spiked-online.com/freespeechnow/fsn_article/the-state-should-never-be-the-arbiter-of-what-people-can-think#.U15MU4FdVVg
(edited 9 years ago)
So whats the problem with Unite Against Fascism demonstrating against other demonstrators?
Reply 9
So whats the problem with Unite Against Fascism demonstrating against other demonstrators?

None at all. They are allowed to oppose other groups like the EDL and BNP, but often they try so hard to ban them.

Another problem is violence. Often it is actually the UAF that starts the violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikv28TE24F0

No matter how vile you think the views of the BNP are, it is no excuse to physically assault people for their opinions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10

Nothing just their slogan is ironic.
The UAF are fascists. Who would of knew.

Posted from TSR Mobile
who were they calling nazi scum? BNP? or ukip?
I'm so tired with people screaming "wacists! wacists!" at ukip
Original post by crayz
Nothing just their slogan is ironic.

I never want to see the day that fascists can march through out streets without resistance.

They would have, the nerve some of these people have. The thing is people equate fascism with inability to criticise and repression by force if they do, in this sense the UAF are themselves fascist. But fascism isn't just this, fascism is the doctrine that treats the struggle for existence and conquering the weak as its premise...
Reply 15
Original post by Captain Haddock
I never want to see the day that fascists can march through out streets without resistance.

Yeah nothing wrong with that, just the whole "Nazi scum off our streets" slogan is massively ironic. The whole problem with fascists is their opposition to alternative points of views and opposition of free protest, so by using this slogan they are showing themselves to be the thing they oppose which is irony.
Original post by crayz
Yeah nothing wrong with that, just the whole "Nazi scum off our streets" slogan is massively ironic. The whole problem with fascists is their opposition to alternative points of views and opposition of free protest, so by using this slogan they are showing themselves to be the thing they oppose which is irony.

Fascism isn't just about inability to criticise, it's about anti-pacifism and the struggle of organisms, heck if you look at Hitler's fascism he contrasts it with internationalist pacifism of Jewry which he considers the weakest of all. The fascist contributes to the nation state and aspires to military conquest over the weak.
Original post by crayz

No it isn't. They are saying they don't want Nazi scum on our streets. Do you want Nazi scum on our streets? Probably not. Do you want them to not be on our streets? I'd say you probably do.
Original post by Captain Haddock

I agree. Lets unite against the UAF/ EDL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by brap man 420
Fascism isn't just about inability to criticise, it's about anti-pacifism and the struggle of organisms, heck if you look at Hitler's fascism he contrasts it with internationalist pacifism of Jewry which he considers the weakest of all.

That isn't a trait of fascism that is a trait of being genocidal. If these people seriously think anyone waving an English flag wants to exterminate people who look different then they are insane.

Quick Reply