The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse english language may 19 2014 !!!!!!!!!!!

This poll is closed

Which Anthology Text will it be????

Touching the Void 0%
Explorer's or Boys messing About 0%
Chinese Cinderella 0%
Taking on the World 0%
A passage to Africa 50%
Headless goat 0%
Explorer's Daughter 0%
Beach Safety 0%
Climate Change50%
Total votes: 4
This is a thread for those of you guys sitting Edexcel igcse English Language this May feel free to talk about anything

Also answer the poll for which Anthology text will come up in Section B of the exam

This could be
1) Touching The Void
2) Explorers or Boys messing about
3) Chinese Cinderella
4) Taking in the World
5) A Passage to Africa
6) A game of Polo with a Headless goat
7) Explorers Daughter
8) A guide to your Beach safety
9) Climate Change

I, think that it likely to be Taking on the world OR A passage to Africa
Reply 1
Hi i think it will be one of a passge to africa or climate change the facts, whch i dont think has come up yet. Why do you think it might be taking on the world?
Reply 2
I'm revising Climate Change for my revision since it hasn't come up yet and there's two of them. I'll go over the texts that come up the most in this pole too though.
Reply 3
Original post by zakimak
Hi i think it will be one of a passge to africa or climate change the facts, whch i dont think has come up yet. Why do you think it might be taking on the world?

because they haven't come up yet :tongue:
Reply 4
Yes. I think taking on the world has come up in a specimen before , but not sure if that counts as actually having 'come up' before
I was given a question of how does the writer make his feelings abut his experiences in Somalia clear for A Passage to Africa- I wasn't really sure abut the wording of the question and how to answer it
Reply 5
Original post by zakimak
Yes. I think taking on the world has come up in a specimen before , but not sure if that counts as actually having 'come up' before
I was given a question of how does the writer make his feelings abut his experiences in Somalia clear for A Passage to Africa- I wasn't really sure abut the wording of the question and how to answer it

Could you please give me a link to this specimen if possible Thanks :smile:
If you look at the grade boundaries on the edexcel website they all say marks out of 100. Yet paper 1 was out of 60 and paper 2 was out of 30. So i was wondering where do the extra marks come from ?
Reply 7
Original post by Patrick Stewart
If you look at the grade boundaries on the edexcel website they all say marks out of 100. Yet paper 1 was out of 60 and paper 2 was out of 30. So i was wondering where do the extra marks come from ?

Coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, if you look at the link, coursework is not involved

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/IGCSE%20composite%201306v3.pdf
Reply 9
The exam mark out of 60 gets converted into a score of 70 , coursework is worth 30% 10 on a poetry/prose comparison, 10 on speaking and listening and ten on persuasive/creative writing

Quick Reply

Latest