Sagna-----Mertesacker-----Koscielny-----Monreal
--------------------Ramsey-----Arteta
-------------Cazorla--------Ozil--------Podolski
----------------------------Giroud

Arsenal 4-0.

Podolski
Cazorla
Ramsey x2

Is Vermaelan not available? I'd put him on the left back instead of Monreal.
I'd swap Flamini for Arteta too unless he's not available?
Any news on Chambo's fitness? Would put chambo up there instead of Cazorla
Ozil and Giroud. You know, a great no.10 like Ozil makes a terrible striker like Giroud seem half good at times. That is probably why Wenger opted to splash out for Ozil rather than a striker. I guess he did not want to take a financial gamble on a good striker. He wants a great striker eventually.
Original post by 419
Welcome To The Arsenal Thread XIX:
The Gilberto Silva Edition

What did she wear

She wore! She wore!

She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May,
And when! I asked! Oh why she wore that ribbon!

WEMBLEY! WEMBLEY! WEMBLEY!
We're the famous Arsenal and we're going Wembley

let the cluster **** begin.

will edit

Gilberto Silva is just amazing:coma:

I like the idea of this, an arsenal legend edition in every new Arsenal thread from now on xD
Fredrik Ljungberg next please:coma:
If only this was true.

Arsenal are said to be lining up a move for Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini this summer as Arsene Wenger looks to rebuild his squad to ensure that they don’t fall short of yet another title challenge. :laugh:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/04/27/exclusive-arsenal-prepare-surprise-18m-bid-for-man-united-flop-marouane-fellaini/

I know this is complete BS, but let a man dream!
Original post by sr90
If only this was true.

Arsenal are said to be lining up a move for Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini this summer as Arsene Wenger looks to rebuild his squad to ensure that they don’t fall short of yet another title challenge. :laugh:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/04/27/exclusive-arsenal-prepare-surprise-18m-bid-for-man-united-flop-marouane-fellaini/

This **** still gives me nightmares.

BMqLHLsCAAA4E78.jpg
Reply 1586
Damn first Cleverley, now Fellaini. Who's next Buttner?

Is this a sign that Moyes will take over from Arsene.
Original post by 419
Damn first Cleverley, now Fellaini. Who's next Buttner?

Is this a sign that Moyes will take over from Arsene.

Well we all know that Moyes failed at a big club, the best he can do is save a club from relegation and establish it in mid table. So I think he'd be at Leicester or Burnley next (should they sack their manager mid season)
likin dat nike WC ad tbf lol, better than what they normally bring out.
Original post by shawn_o1
Well we all know that Moyes failed at a big club, the best he can do is save a club from relegation and establish it in mid table. So I think he'd be at Leicester or Burnley next (should they sack their manager mid season)

Somewhere like Spurs, Newcastle or West Ham?
I am a Newcastle Fan. Pretty much every body I know wants us too lost the last 3 games to push Pardew out. We have won three games in 2014 and it feels awful to want the opposition to beat your own team but at the moment we have no choice.

Its nice again too see that Dan gosling will be starting tonight whilst Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux aren't even in the squad. Its disgusting. I know alot of our away support are taking Pardew out banners and will be signing negatively towards him through out the game.

I just hope 8 consecutive losses would be enough for Mike Ashley to see sense and get rid of Pardew because his pathetic excuses and worthless tactics see us score none and concede loads.

So in short. A good hammering will crank the pressure up on him and hopefully see him sacked. Then I can follow my team again with pride.
Match is less than an hour away and this thread is dead as far as the game goes.
Is any one else actually watching it tonight (MOTD doesn't count)
Original post by AR_95
Match is less than an hour away and this thread is dead as far as the game goes.
Is any one else actually watching it tonight (MOTD doesn't count)

Yup. Would love to see Newcastle hammered, great city but I don't like the club.
Original post by DurhamXI
Yup. Would love to see Newcastle hammered, great city but I don't like the club.

Mate, the Newcastle fans don't even like our club at the minute. Its got to the point where nobody cares because Ashley and Pardew don't.
Original post by Twinport53
I am a Newcastle Fan. Pretty much every body I know wants us too lost the last 3 games to push Pardew out. We have won three games in 2014 and it feels awful to want the opposition to beat your own team but at the moment we have no choice.

Its nice again too see that Dan gosling will be starting tonight whilst Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux aren't even in the squad. Its disgusting. I know alot of our away support are taking Pardew out banners and will be signing negatively towards him through out the game.

I just hope 8 consecutive losses would be enough for Mike Ashley to see sense and get rid of Pardew because his pathetic excuses and worthless tactics see us score none and concede loads.

So in short. A good hammering will crank the pressure up on him and hopefully see him sacked. Then I can follow my team again with pride.

Losing to an Arsenal team isn't going to trigger much reaction really :P
Don't you guys usually finish around this position anyway? Though I do remember it's nothing compared to 2011 when you managed to get 5th!
I have a soft spot for Newcastle, mainly because my brother lives there. I don't really follow or support them however :colondollar:
Original post by Twinport53
Mate, the Newcastle fans don't even like our club at the minute. Its got to the point where nobody cares because Ashley and Pardew don't.

I don't mind the fans, you are some of the best fans in the world, you are always very loud when I was a student and went to some of your games.

I hate the whole renaming of the stadium though, and your current owner. I also hated Shepherd. Newcastle were like my second team when you had Bobby Robson however, great attacking football and overall you were a very well looked after club compared to now, back then. Shame he left in the most disgraceful manner, for a man of his stature it was a disgrace to be treated like that. You finished 5th if i recall correctly and that was seen as a travesty at the time. I remember when Robson took over, you were hanging around the relegation zone and I remember you guys moving up and up the table over the years to become challengers, it was something else especially since you did not have big money really.
Original post by DurhamXI

Been to Newcastle a few times, entering the city's quite nice but it just seems way too quiet for my liking. It's usually mental/the opposite when there's a game at St.James Park though (as could be said with most cities)

You can't really hate on Newcastle haha, not whilst Alan Shearer's record remains to be beaten :wink:. I still hope they come back one day and become some sort of a threat at the top. Even if it was minimal like what Everton/Spurs are atm.

About todays game I'm just gonna be hoping and watching if Ozil gets some of his magic back tbh.
(edited 9 years ago)
Would you been happy win three wins since new years day? Losing 5 in a row and tonight should be 6?

A manager who goes out 'not to lose' instead of win.

Blames the fans and the local press for our bad form.

Blames selling Cabaye at short notice in January. Which Cabaye then confirmed he had an agreement to be sold in January after Arsenal bid for him? Thats 6 months to get a replacement in.

Its simply not good enough. I don't think we are good enough for top 6, but we could easily have another 10 points on the board and be comfortably 7th or 8th instead we are about to drop out of the top 10. Its pathetic.

Anyway...

AFC: Szczesny; Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Arteta (c), Ramsey; Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski; Giroud.
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Flamini, Kallstrom, Rosicky, Sanogo.

NUFC: Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Dummett; Anita, Gosling, Tiote, Gouffran; Sissoko; Remy.
Subs: Elliot, Yanga-Mbiwa, S. Taylor, Haidara, Obertan, Armstrong, Sh. Ameobi.

Referee: Neil Swarbrick (Preston).
Reply 1598
Original post by shawn_o1

Tbf to Moyes, and I know his rep has taken a massive hit, he shouldn't be managing a club less than top 10. He's top 6- 10 manager. He should accept it and give way to any ambition he has to manage above that level.
Original post by AR_95
Been to Newcastle a few times, entering the city's quite nice but it just seems way too quiet for my liking. It's usually mental/the opposite when there's a game at St.James Park though (as could be said with most cities)

You can't really hate on Newcastle haha, not whilst Alan Shearer's record remains to be beaten :wink:.

About todays game I'm just gonna be hoping and watching if Ozil gets some of his magic back tbh.

Very loyal player really, can't fault that. Could have moved for bigger money but he stayed with them through good and bad.

Latest