The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Raleigh Park

I'm starting in september, just firmed, so been checking out accommodation. My course is based in University Park. The hall I'm liking right now is Raleigh Park.

It'd be a nice walk in the mornings past the nice Jubilee campus.

Anyone currently staying in Raleigh with lectures in University park? I'd like some comments from past/current residents.
(edited 12 years ago)
I was in Raleigh Park for two years, although I was on Jubilee, in both years I knew several people who were on Uni park.

I was happy enough there for halls, although my kitchen did burn down near the end of 2nd year (Due to one of my flatmates, not the fault of the halls at all). Umm, if you have anything you particularly want to know, ask - otherwise don't know what else to comment on :tongue:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
What type of room were you in? I'm planning on Ensuite, what have heard about the Ensuite rooms? I like Raleigh park because its a new development, old architecture depresses me :afraid:

How long is the walk to Uni park?
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
What type of room were you in? I'm planning on Ensuite, what have heard about the Ensuite rooms? I like Raleigh park because its a new development, old architecture depresses me :afraid:How long is the walk to Uni park?

It's not too long. Maybe 20/30 minutes but it really depends on where you want to be on UP. There's always the hopper bus - you can walk onto Jubilee campus and be on the other side of UP within about 15 minutes.

I really liked my year there. My room was quite big, kitchen was excellent and I had no trouble there at all. If I wasn't in need of a studio room this year, I'd be going back to Raleigh. There's loads of food shops right next to it now (Dominos, Greggs, Wok n Go etc.) and it's close to a few major bus routes.

Original post by rmhumphries
I was in Raleigh Park for two years, although I was on Jubilee, in both years I knew several people who were on Uni park.I was happy enough there for halls, although my kitchen did burn down near the end of 2nd year (Due to one of my flatmates, not the fault of the halls at all). Umm, if you have anything you particularly want to know, ask - otherwise don't know what else to comment on :tongue:

Your kitchen burnt down? :eek:
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
What type of room were you in? I'm planning on Ensuite, what have heard about the Ensuite rooms? I like Raleigh park because its a new development, old architecture depresses me :afraid:

How long is the walk to Uni park?

First year was in a standard flat, second year was in a house. Both shared bathroom. So sorry, don't know much about the ensuite rooms.

Walk to uni park is about 20-30 minutes to the gate depending on the speed you walk, and then you have to walk to wherever on UP you are going. Can talk an extra 30 minutes to walk all the way to West Entrance I would guess.

Original post by ParadoxSocks
It's not too long. Maybe 20/30 minutes but it really depends on where you want to be on UP. There's always the hopper bus - you can walk onto Jubilee campus and be on the other side of UP within about 15 minutes.

I really liked my year there. My room was quite big, kitchen was excellent and I had no trouble there at all. If I wasn't in need of a studio room this year, I'd be going back to Raleigh. There's loads of food shops right next to it now (Dominos, Greggs, Wok n Go etc.) and it's close to a few major bus routes.

Your kitchen burnt down? :eek:

Yep :frown: Will have to show you the pictures some time, but the fire gutted one half of the entire room - was lucky someone passing by noticed and was able to get-in, if the back door was locked or the randomer hadn't noticed could have been a lot worse.
Reply 5
The en suites at Raleigh Park are Post-Grad only according to the website.
Original post by scbond
The en suites at Raleigh Park are Post-Grad only according to the website.

I always get ****ed over:hmpf:
Reply 7
SPC next door to Raleigh is pretty much all ensuite, plus a free ten minute best to university park. Raleigh is really good too though.
Reply 8
Is there any difference in room size at Raleigh Park between standard and standard plus ot is it just the bed? :smile:
Reply 9
I've got an accomodation for Raleigh Park for next year and I'll be studying in UP. I think I'll take my bike. Are there places to park bikes?
Original post by Alwennia
I've got an accomodation for Raleigh Park for next year and I'll be studying in UP. I think I'll take my bike. Are there places to park bikes?

Yes.

Raleigh has bike sheds with locks which is some added security for overnight storage.

All the University campuses have plenty of bike storage, pretty much outside every building.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending