The Student Room Group

Does the hijab work? Do you find these women attractive?

Ok so I'm curious as to what everyone thinks, are these women attractive:

hijab-fashion-style-for-muslim-girls-3.jpghijab-fashion-for-girls.jpghijab-styles-2012+(12).jpghijabs-and-scarves-for-Muslim-girls-091.jpg

In my opinion I think the hijab masks beauty to some extent but not completely as women can still be attractive with it on. But I think it does still deter unwanted male attention but for a different reason, as the hijab signifies that they belong to a faith where it's not allowed. Does anyone agree?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They are beautiful. :smile:
Original post by m93100
They are beautiful. :smile:

Yes I agree, but don't you think they'd be even more beautiful with their hair showing?
Reply 3
Original post by tammie123
Yes I agree, but don't you think they'd be even more beautiful with their hair showing?

True. They will be but I guess only their partner and close family gets to see that. :smile:
Reply 4

They probably would be, sure, but they're still very obviously beautiful facially.
Attractiveness "is a construct based entirely on childhood impressions, influences and role models." sorry hehe my inner-sherlock putting an input there.

Anyway, I am a non-muslim girl, and I say that these women from a first glance are pretty and seem very respectful in my opinion (I stress the word respectful).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by minibuttons
Attractiveness "is a construct based entirely on childhood impressions, influences and role models."

I am a non-muslim girl, and I say that these women from a first glance are pretty and seem very respectful in my opinion (I stress the word respectful).

Could you please expand on what you mean by respectful?
Reply 7
Doesn't wearing make-up make the Hijab obsolete?
Could you please expand on what you mean by respectful?

At first glance, they don't make you want to be rude to them, speak ill towards them or treat them however you would like etc like you would want to be respectful to them and speak with good mannerisms?
Original post by rival_
Doesn't wearing make-up make the Hijab obsolete?

No islamically simple makeup is allowed, the prophet's wife and daughters were reported to have worn kajol (traditional type of eyeliner) almost everyday but the prophet had no issue with it.

At first glance, they don't make you want to be rude to them, speak ill towards them or treat them however you would like etc like you would want to be respectful to them and speak with good mannerisms?

Oh ok thanks for clarifying, that's really nice of you to say :smile:
Reply 10
Beautiful yes but not sexually attracted to them with that thing on their head
No islamically simple makeup is allowed, the prophet's wife and daughters were reported to have worn kajol (traditional type of eyeliner) almost everyday but the prophet had no issue with it.

You're very welcome :smile:
Original post by bertstare

Could you expand? What's the difference would you say between finding someone beautiful and being attracted to them?
They're pretty women.
Reply 14

Okay that makes sense but I am always see these girls with hijabs who have Essex style make up and tight fitting clothes? Surely that would make it pointless to wear the hijab? A few days ago I saw a girl in a hijab in a miniskirt and no tights:eek:, I am pretty sure that goes against the modesty point?
Original post by bertstare

Again it's all to do with what rock your boat. The purpose of hijab from what I understand is not to have attention based on their looks or to entice any thoughts or gain unwanted attraction. It depends on how you portray your hijab - my friend told me it's not just about your appearance that needs to show modesty and decency but also your mannerism and how you speak.
Original post by Lakesx
Okay that makes sense but I am always see these girls with hijabs who have Essex style make up and tight fitting clothes? Surely that would make it pointless to wear the hijab? A few days ago I saw a girl in a hijab in a miniskirt and no tights:eek:, I am pretty sure that goes against the modesty point?

Yes of course essex style makeup is definitely not allowed, and really?! You saw a hijabi in a miniskirt? :facepalm:

Again it's all to do with what rock your boat. The purpose of hijab from what I understand is not to have attention based on their looks or to entice any thoughts or gain unwanted attraction. It depends on how you portray your hijab - my friend told me it's not just about your appearance that needs to show modesty and decency but also your mannerism and how you speak.

Okay so would you say showing hair is like a really mild version of wearing revealing clothes? I mean in the way that it causes attraction? That would sort of explain things a little, and your friend is absolutely right. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lakesx

Yes it does, and it shocks me too even though I'm a non-muslim. Well not everyone is a perfect follower... something like the hijab is like a uniform. I mean if you're going to wear something that doesn't follow the requirement of the hijab, why wear it in the first place? Wear the hijab when you're totally ready. From what I know that it's permissible to wear make up unless you will bring undue attention to yourself.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Yes of course essex style makeup is definitely not allowed, and really?! You saw a hijabi in a miniskirt? :facepalm:

Oh okay, yeah that makes sense. I know right how ridiculous! :rolleyes: Also what is the purpose of the sort of "humps" girls have at the back of their hijabs, I was not sure why some have them...:colondollar:
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending