The Student Room Group

[Discussion] EDEXL/GCE:6GE02 (Geog. Investigations)

Friday 16 May - Geography 2

The Physical Pair
1. Extreme Weather
2. Crowded Coasts
The Human Pair
1. Unequal Spaces
2. Rebranding

Unit 2 has 4 components but you are only required to study two of these. The 75 minute exam you answer one question based on two chosen topic areas.

First part of the question starts with a data stimulus question.

The fieldwork and research elements are related directly to work you have carried out during a field trip AND may involve questions about how you processed, interpreted etc. what you found.

The remaining question is more management and issues based. Here case study knowledge will be required.

(The data stimulus highly unlikely to be 15 mark question and data stimulus with an analysis element is possible)
Section A: (Resource) 10 marks ~ 8-10 min
Section B: (Fieldwork + Research) 15 marks ~ 17-18 min
Section C: (Case Study) 10 marks ~ 8-10 min
FEW MINUTES FOR FINAL READ-THROUGH AND CHECK.

I am not sure whether this has been posted yet, so I will just post it up for discussion.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Aww I remember this unit from last :smile: It was stupid :biggrin: Literally battle against time. I think you plan is good but make sure you practice really hard to get the timing right. All I can say for the fieldwork question is to memorise a whole essay. They usually ask for 2-3 different essays each year. So yeah! Make sure you also lie through your essay as this way you will get lots of marks e.g. saying you did pilot questionnaires, EQA, picture analysis and whatever.
Reply 3
Original post by lala121
Aww I remember this unit from last :smile: It was stupid :biggrin: Literally battle against time. I think you plan is good but make sure you practice really hard to get the timing right. All I can say for the fieldwork question is to memorise a whole essay. They usually ask for 2-3 different essays each year. So yeah! Make sure you also lie through your essay as this way you will get lots of marks e.g. saying you did pilot questionnaires, EQA, picture analysis and whatever.

What did you get, and what was the most difficult thing in the exam?
Reply 4
Oh I got an 80/80 full UMS :biggrin: Well the most difficult would have been quickly analysing the insert and using it to answer the question, its espacially when your under pressure. I would say that the case study question is much easier. Which areas are you doing? I wouldnt mind sending you my notes :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by lala121
Oh I got an 80/80 full UMS :biggrin: Well the most difficult would have been quickly analysing the insert and using it to answer the question, its espacially when your under pressure. I would say that the case study question is much easier. Which areas are you doing? I wouldnt mind sending you my notes :smile:

Wow, 100% UMS that's :O

I always find that examiners find it difficult to give 15/15, I don't know why. I would appreciate your notes :biggrin: I am doing Rebranding and Coasts.
Reply 6
Original post by Hody421
Wow, 100% UMS that's :O

I always find that examiners find it difficult to give 15/15, I don't know why. I would appreciate your notes :biggrin: I am doing Rebranding and Coasts.

Okay:smile: will send u my rebranding notes, not sure about coasts because I did extreme whether

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by lala121
Okay:smile: will send u my rebranding notes, not sure about coasts because I did extreme whether

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much for those notes, they look amazing.
Reply 8
Original post by lala121

Snap!! 80/80 for me too :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi is there any chance you could send me your notes for rebranding and extreme weather it would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by lala121

Posted from TSR Mobile

is there any chance you could send me your rebranding? i'm pretty solid on coasts but have to teach myself rebranding :/
is there any chance you could send me your rebranding? feeling solid on coasts but have had to teach my self rebranding :/
Original post by lala121

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile:

I am also sitting the UNit 2 exam in 2 weeks. I am studying extreme weather and rebranding and would really apprecaite it if you could send me your notes. Thanks :smile:
Original post by StuckInADaydream
Hi :smile:

I am also sitting the UNit 2 exam in 2 weeks. I am studying extreme weather and rebranding and would really apprecaite it if you could send me your notes. Thanks :smile:

Original post by celesteabrahams
is there any chance you could send me your rebranding? feeling solid on coasts but have had to teach my self rebranding :/

Original post by celesteabrahams
is there any chance you could send me your rebranding? i'm pretty solid on coasts but have to teach myself rebranding :/

Original post by KieranH1997
Hi is there any chance you could send me your notes for rebranding and extreme weather it would be much appreciated :smile:

Hi I have uploaded both the rebranding and extreme whether notes here. I hope they help

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ma766 (couldnt upload to TSR because of file size)

These notes helped me get an A, but do not entirely rely on them. :biggrin: Good Luck
Reply 14
hi, I'm taking mine in two weeks as well. Can you tell me if we need to know the actual impacts of extreme weather because I've never really seen any questions asking for the impacts. And also do we need to know the formation of hurricanes?
Original post by alexSH
hi, I'm taking mine in two weeks as well. Can you tell me if we need to know the actual impacts of extreme weather because I've never really seen any questions asking for the impacts. And also do we need to know the formation of hurricanes?

YES! You need to be prepared. They have not actually said what are the impacts of e.g. hurricanes but you have to know impacts e.g. Katrina 2005 or boscastle flooding to assess strategies. I suggest for all case studies have social, economic and environmental impacts and causes. Also the formation of hurricanes, depressions are usually needed. I remember there was a question 'Describe how one extreme whether or something is formed'.

I also uploaded my notes in the previous posts :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Does anybody have a good structure or model answer for a Weather Diary 15 marker?
Reply 17
Anyone got good notes for unit 1- Globalisation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending