The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ReturnoftheG
from now on all responses to the assassin will be this gif and :dunce:

lowe it haha
Reply 561
I never go for girls at my uni for a number of reasons, this is one of them. I dont want no emotional bull**** around campus, I dont want everyone seeing me with her, and then seeing me without her etc

Yeah agree.

Allow that. If anything I'd go for a girl who's not doing my course. The uni gossip spreads quick. It's jokes how I didn't even get into the prominent friendship group of my coursemates until a few months ago(had other friends on other courses) yet I know what girl has ****ed what guy on my course already. Gossip spreads like wildfire. I should have got into that group earlier for more daily gossip. Also they know how to house party.

Original post by DurhamXI
Hear you bro. Fortunately, I have always been very good at following no-contact. First time I had it years ago hurt like a ****, but you are relatively numb after that and move on quicker with subsequent girls.

The best way to get over these things, is, ignore them and be happy without them. They will see and a lot of the time they come running back anyway as it hurts their ego to see you (appear to) not give a damn.

Yeah same here. Personally I'm not really the most emotional of guys bar a few anger outbursts at inanimate objects (although when I get emotional it is a scary sight and intense) so it's not like I feel too bad. Obviously you get that despondent feeling that it's over too but for me that subsides by the next afternoon.

Original post by The Assassin
hahahahahahaha! That's so cringe now I look at that omg...

that's a nice dog though

Surrey in a few months for economics. Decent.

Nice, my brother wanted to go there, Mum wanted him to stay in London though so he decided to go City for economics.

I'd like to say that moving out to go uni is one of the best decisions you can make in your life.
is it just me or has moderation on this site just completely disappeared?

like everywhere?

the **** is going on

obvs FF is unmoderated (and whichever dick breaks ranks from us and joins the mods is a power hungry dick) but then just browinsg the other areas of the site, you just tend to see comments which should have been deleted and threads whcih aint been closed and threads over 10k posts and just loads of **** which just shows a moderation team in breakdown?
Original post by jam277
Yeah agree.

Allow that. If anything I'd go for a girl who's not doing my course. The uni gossip spreads quick. It's jokes how I didn't even get into the prominent friendship group of my coursemates until a few months ago(had other friends on other courses) yet I know what girl has ****ed what guy on my course already. Gossip spreads like wildfire. I should have got into that group earlier for more daily gossip. Also they know how to house party.

Yeah same here. Personally I'm not really the most emotional of guys bar a few anger outbursts at inanimate objects (although when I get emotional it is a scary sight and intense) so it's not like I feel too bad. Obviously you get that despondent feeling that it's over too but for me that subsides by the next afternoon.

Nice, my brother wanted to go there, Mum wanted him to stay in London though so he decided to go City for economics.

I'd like to say that moving out to go uni is one of the best decisions you can make in your life.

Ah okay. And yeah second part is understandable as well ofc; your own independence and everything.

Was between Queen Mary and that... Mile end is a bit of ****hole altho the uni is good. Don't think there's much between though so opted for Surrey. You're at liverpool right?
Man United thread is so ****ed

not quoting this guy because I don't want to pick on him, he was just the first post I saw, but this is a completely typical United post of recent:

'Here's my [semi] realistic target list:

LB: Shaw, Kolasinac
RB: Calum Chambers
CB: Garay, Doria, Tah, Balanta (I was GUTTED when chelsea signed zouma)
MC: (Vidal) Bender Strootman Carvalho
MC2: THORGAN HAZARD (yes, seriously) Kongdogbia, Ward Prowse
Winger: Di Maria, Bakkali
Striker: Cavani IF we offload rooney as part of the deal.'

I know this is the misc thread but come on wtf where do they get this from? They're all on acid. All that's missing from this list is Thiago Silva, Kroos and Verratti

what the actual **** is wrong with United fans lately... And most of them haven't even seen all these players even play more than one ****ing game. All of them are gassed off Kroos because of one game against Arsenal, none of them had even seen Thiago play when they wanted him last summer, none of them have ever seen Carvalho even play a game - how the **** can they say they want to sign him

this isn't a football post, this is a psychology post - where does this delusion come from? Is it the stage before acceptance and after denial? What the ****. :dunce:s, all of them
Original post by jam277
Yeah agree.

yeah, sex gossip is literally wildfire. I can identify a few girls on campus by their ONSs lol. I don't even care to hear it, like I literally don't give a **** unless it's my close friends involved, it's uni, **** who you want, but it's inescapable, somehow either talk or whatsapp you gonna hear about it. people just drop it in casually like it means nothing, evne though they trying to provoke a reaction etc
That's hilarious. Doria as well? Some guy in the brazilian league who they've never seen or know of his ability? :biggrin:
Reply 567
Yeah I agree with the United fan front. Thought Arsenal were bad but they're on their level when it comes to potential transfers
Kolasinic, Doria, Tah, Balanta are all guys who I've barely/never heard of. And ofc I aint exactly encylopaedic on European/world football knowledge but I'd be surprised if most United fans knew of these guys' existence other than through transfer rumours.

I can bet good money that they've rarely/never seen Lars Bender, Kondogbia, Bakkali, Carvalho and maybe even Strootman in action

add in three typical southampton players, just cos it's realistic that Southampton will sell three of their best players to the same club in the same window for a fee approaching £60m

Drop in Di Maria out of pure desperation, get Cavani in on the act despite the fact that Cavani would hardly leave PSG and Ibra to go and compete with another alpha male in RVP in a system under LVG with only one striker. Not to mention that there's absolute **** all reason for Rooney going to PSG, even PSG would baulk at paying his wages and it's not like Rooney is vaunted commodity anymore

all typical

but then just drop in Thorgan Hazard's name

do they literally just put 1000 player names in a hat and then pick out one? Who next, will it be Pogba returning or Pirlo for an extended holiday

fukin loonies

wish we got some trolls like this on TSR

people on here will hate but I still think ISA was the best troll this place ever had.
Original post by jam277
Yeah agree.

Brotip (just my opinion): I never went after girls on the course. Or engaged in the social group gossips. I kept good friends (i.e. allies) with guys who were strong overall people, and we looked out for each other's interests.
You will see guys basically chase after these girls like it is their last hurrah, new found independence/perhaps they were in boys schools/perhaps they had never had this good a chance before to get with women.

Just sit back, observe your surroundings. Work people out, while they are out there making mistakes, use their experiences to work out what specific girls on the course are like. Inevitably these guys will mistakes, this is where you can capitalise at the very least by the knowledge. E.g. In the yeargroup of my course one guy was outed as being unsatisfying in bed by a girl, his reputation was destroyed. You can't recover from an "out" like that, especially if you don't look trendy/I don't give a ****, **** you type.
You will find, when you do this, if you have attractive qualities (e.g. if you are confident, bordering on arrogant, well built, stylish etc etc) the girls will tend to chase after you anyway via signals. Girls don't approach men as it is socially unconventional, but they make the first move in "material form" a lot of the time (flirty eye contact, giggling amongst themselves and saying stuff like "hot" to their friends as you walk past). I would not (and did not) shag the girls on course because I was afraid of my reputation being hit if they decide to spread gossip, I am too Vain (aha) for that, but the attention was nice.
I know I sound Mourinho arrogant, but I know my ****. I treated it like a game, tactics and all.

Another point is this, a lot of these university girls are just slags. A guy I disliked (lets call him Alex) was friends with one of my best course mates, quite close friends. He was going out with an E.Euro girl, she used him for legal knowledge (Law course) in a sexless 'emotional' relationship. My mate, basically befriended her, and they were good friends, they described it as brother/sister.
This is why i don't absolutely believe in the whole 'friendzone' tripe, my mate just actively went after other girls whilst he was friends with her. He treated her like a friend, friendzoned her basically when she friendzoned him, flipping it around. Because I disliked Alex, I basically made up some **** that led to an argument between the couple which eventually led to my mate getting this girl and they are now in a relationship. I do not like the girl at all, I think she is a tart, but I helped my mate out and at the same time I douched the other guy. We looked out for each other in uni.
He bailed me out plenty of times since the first year too (I could have got suspended for a start with some first year b.s., i was an idiot tbf although that is pretty evident with my nature really).
(edited 9 years ago)
My favourite episode of OFAH

(edited 9 years ago)

this is a ****ing hilarious goat, don't see this nearly often enough.
Original post by Zürich
My favourite episode of OFAH

I know you (and others) love those redheads. Perhaps the hottest redhead on tv imo, that character was just perfect for her.
captains log, 7:01am

the world has gone insane

there are schoolchildren walking down the street at 7:01am

left earlobe is still warmer than left

somehow added tropicana to my cheerios and instead of milk. Crisis averted by quick drainage and a make-shift sieve in the form of my fingers, although some orange bits are still in it. Orange flavoured cheerios are very odd

after not having used ibuprofen for a very long time, I can report that it has been an absolutely smashing pain killer for me on this shift. Pro-plus meanwhile have been relegated in favour of coffee and caffeinated taurine energy drinks, aka Red Bull. I think Kiesza's Hideaway song would make a very good advert for Red Bull.

Still not caved into the pressure of initiating and further developing a boner, proud of meself for that. Have had plenty of time to engage in such an activity.
Reply 575
captains log, 7:01am

the world has gone insane

there are schoolchildren walking down the street at 7:01am

left earlobe is still warmer than left

somehow added tropicana to my cheerios and instead of milk. Crisis averted by quick drainage and a make-shift sieve in the form of my fingers, although some orange bits are still in it. Orange flavoured cheerios are very odd

after not having used ibuprofen for a very long time, I can report that it has been an absolutely smashing pain killer for me on this shift. Pro-plus meanwhile have been relegated in favour of coffee and caffeinated taurine energy drinks, aka Red Bull. I think Kiesza's Hideaway song would make a very good advert for Red Bull.

Still not caved into the pressure of initiating and further developing a boner, proud of meself for that. Have had plenty of time to engage in such an activity.

:rofl:

I'm still in the library. Just got the abstract to do and my lab book now.

Fank Fuk mayn
Reply 576
Reply 577
Kolasinic, Doria, Tah, Balanta are all guys who I've barely/never heard of. And ofc I aint exactly encylopaedic on European/world football knowledge but I'd be surprised if most United fans knew of these guys' existence other than through transfer rumours.

I can bet good money that they've rarely/never seen Lars Bender, Kondogbia, Bakkali, Carvalho and maybe even Strootman in action

add in three typical southampton players, just cos it's realistic that Southampton will sell three of their best players to the same club in the same window for a fee approaching £60m

Drop in Di Maria out of pure desperation, get Cavani in on the act despite the fact that Cavani would hardly leave PSG and Ibra to go and compete with another alpha male in RVP in a system under LVG with only one striker. Not to mention that there's absolute **** all reason for Rooney going to PSG, even PSG would baulk at paying his wages and it's not like Rooney is vaunted commodity anymore

all typical

but then just drop in Thorgan Hazard's name

do they literally just put 1000 player names in a hat and then pick out one? Who next, will it be Pogba returning or Pirlo for an extended holiday

fukin loonies

rofl, the Kolasinic news is prety old. He's said himself he's been offered a contract, and statistically he looks decent.

Doria and Balanta are hot property - Anybody who watches any football outside the EPL knows they are, and how coveted they are by quite a few european clubs. Balanta especially has been touted by barca etc, and is an absolute beast. You'd have to be pretty ignorant not to know those two.

Tah is another pretty well known youngster, who wouldn't cost too much. Again, not difficult to watch him play as he's played quite a few times this year. Tall, strong, and a potential vidic replacement in a few years.

How can you not have seen Lars Bender in action? He's been playing for years, at top level.

Carvalho I've not seen know, though a couple of my tuga friends tell me he's decent. Not special, but decent. Not seen Strootman either, but if he's LVG's boy, there's a good chance.

Di Maria has been disillusioned for years. There's every chance he'd come unless ancellotti does a lot of sucking the D. Hardly news either.

And I qualified the Cavani thing with Rooney. Why do PSG want rooney? Because Zlatan's been begging the PSG president or whatever to play with him for the last 6+ months. He's still pretty coveted, whether you like the guy or not.

The players for each position are one of each. I'm not saying we'd get ALL on that list rofl, just that players on that list are realistic targets.

Hazard was quite obviously a joke.

ps. Nice to know you're gonna whine here about my posts :rofl: Which of those targets do you actually think are 'unrealistic' and out of our range? Shocked you don't know half those players though.... And how many 'typical' Man Utd fans have you seen talk about half the players on that list?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 578
'Statistically look decent' How can a left back look statically decent?

So much malaise in that post, it's like you're begging to be rectally shredded apart.

-----------
I keep saying this, anyone that's seen zouma play would seriously sit back and exercise caution about how beastly he'll turn out. A 19 year old leg breaker. All hype.
Reply 579
Original post by jam277
That's great to know.

I'm glad I inspire you but Stan, why are you so mad?

Don;t worry Jam, I'll leave the Chelsea thread and your cronies alone now, the lack of reading comprehension in there is hurting my head anyway.

And I'm hoping you're a fresher so this year doesn't count. Marathon library sessions aren't the way to go imho, too much stress. Hope your assignment went well anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest