The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

And to add to the North/South accent ridicule issue, I have a flatmate from Hull and we rip him... a lot.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 1241
Original post by Guill68
Hi everyone!! As I firmed Leicester yesterday, it's high time I started thinking about accommodation! But tbh I don't really get the difference between the different types of room. They do explain a bit here http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/student-accommodation/your-room-types-explained but there are still a few things I'd like to be sure about. As for example in which room is there a private bathroom?? :biggrin:
Thaaanks in advance :smile:

May anyone give me a piece of information please?? :confused:
Original post by Guill68
May anyone give me a piece of information please?? :confused:

If you're wanting your own bathroom, then that'd be an ensuite room. Anything with a '+/plus' just means it's a bigger room :smile:
Reply 1243
Okk thank you very much i guess i can make my applications now :smile:
Original post by Bazinga94
Hi everyone,
I haven't seen all the comments before but I watched this thread last year and am now getting notifications that this thread is quite active.
I am a first year in Digby Hall and I absolutely love it there so I advise you to apply for Digby Hall if you can, it's honestly the best value for money block (if it's still the same price as it was when I applied last year!). It's also the closest to ASDA which is honestly more of an issue than you think as you will probably be making a lot of trips to there at random times so it helps to be close.
All of my friends who live in different blocks have said it is the nicest block they've seen and I agree with them.
If you have any questions then feel free to message me or reply to me on this thread :smile:

Digby is nice inside, however from the outside it looks very bland you have to agree.

The distance from Beaumont/GMS to digby is about a 2 minute walk down the road. It isn't that much closer to Asda.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hart1995
Digby is nice inside, however from the outside it looks very bland you have to agree.

The distance from Beaumont/GMS to digby is about a 2 minute walk down the road. It isn't that much closer to Asda.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without a doubt it looks bland from the outside, it looks terrible, but the inside is what matters as you're living on the inside. I've not been to a hall that's nicer for what you get money wise.
And yeah that's very true, I was talking more in terms of John Foster being a lot further away than Digby to ASDA :smile:
Reply 1246
Does anybody know with how many days before the start of the term are you allowed to check in to your accommodation? If your course starts on september 29th, can you settle up a week earlier?

I mean, does somebody know the exact dates of an accommodation contract? (I'm mostly interested in the 42 weeks contract :biggrin:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by so_anca
Does anybody know with how many days before the start of the term are you allowed to check in to your accommodation? If your course starts on september 29th, can you settle up a week earlier?

I mean, does somebody know the exact dates of an accommodation contract? (I'm mostly interested in the 42 weeks contract :biggrin:)

Like 1/2 days before hand. Usually on the weekend and term starts on the Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1248
Thank you!
Hey! Is anyone else going to be in Kent House, or has any idea what its like? :smile:
Original post by panicked232
Hey! Is anyone else going to be in Kent House, or has any idea what its like? :smile:

Hi - my friend lives in Kent House:smile:
Its quite big - I think theres about 16 people in it of mixed gender, not so sure on that though:P
If you've been to Leicester, its the big house opposite S-bar
What I've seen of it, theres a decent kitchen and separate dining room downstairs and its all old-looking and wood panelled, and upstairs theres another kitchen/dining room combined. There may be another one as well, not sure on that:P
Rooms are pretty big
The one thing I'd say is that theres a bit of a ladybird problem - they live in the woodwork of some of the window sills but they're harmless :P
Also, if you see any wasps let the accom team know as soon as you can - last year there were several wasps nests in the roof!
Original post by rosiesaurus
Hi - my friend lives in Kent House:smile:
Its quite big - I think theres about 16 people in it of mixed gender, not so sure on that though:P
If you've been to Leicester, its the big house opposite S-bar
What I've seen of it, theres a decent kitchen and separate dining room downstairs and its all old-looking and wood panelled, and upstairs theres another kitchen/dining room combined. There may be another one as well, not sure on that:P
Rooms are pretty big
The one thing I'd say is that theres a bit of a ladybird problem - they live in the woodwork of some of the window sills but they're harmless :P
Also, if you see any wasps let the accom team know as soon as you can - last year there were several wasps nests in the roof!

Thankyou for replying! Oooh this sounds good, I was worried it would only have a few people, so this has put my mind at ease :smile: Do you have any idea on how many bathrooms it has?
Thankyou for replying! Oooh this sounds good, I was worried it would only have a few people, so this has put my mind at ease :smile: Do you have any idea on how many bathrooms it has?

If its definitely Kent House then yeah theres lots of people, but Kent Lodge which is just behind only has 4 I think...
I have no idea, but my house of 11 has 5 bathrooms so it'll probably be similar ratio :smile:
Yep, definitely Kent House :smile: oh okay, seems good to me! I was just stressing, got my 3rd choice accomodation and I haven't actually seen it!
Reply 1254
Hopefully I'll get a reply

Basically I'm kent LODGE. Can anyone confirm that it's only four people in it? If so we have one missing vagina. I have found two others at Kent Lodge. If your our missing vagina please get in touch. You could also be a penis either way your being missed!
Original post by vee_19
Hopefully I'll get a reply

Basically I'm kent LODGE. Can anyone confirm that it's only four people in it? If so we have one missing vagina. I have found two others at Kent Lodge. If your our missing vagina please get in touch. You could also be a penis either way your being missed!

Oooh Kent lodge is tiny, think it is 4 people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1256
Original post by Hart1995
Oooh Kent lodge is tiny, think it is 4 people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for replying! Oh ****e... oh well, might be nice to have a little place to ourselves and come trash the rest of gms :P

I'm in Kent House too! :smile:
Yay! :smile: what are you studying? :smile:
I'm studying economics, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending