The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
**** me, Fabregas carried Denilson for years

You watch a few of those games back and you realise how special Cesc was

Just like Ozil is basically babysitting Giruuu and feeding his family basically, Giruuu is stealing a living tbh, absolutely stealing one. He is Aston Villa level (i.e. Benteke).
Frank de Boer, who has just won his fourth successive Dutch title with Ajax, says that he will consider the possibility to taking over at Tottenham at the end of the season.

"I'm going to talk and listen. I would like to add something to a club, that people can say they see the hand of Frank de Boer," the 43-year-old told Netherlands national broadcaster NOS.

"There is a beautiful example at Liverpool. That is what Brendan Rodgers is doing now 'making his mark'."

Is Zurich going to explode? :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax

Misquoted, and they keep forcing Spurs in his face and he is simply polite. Until FDB says ''fack the yids mate, always been a gooner'' they'll keep asking..

Will De Boer go to Spurs? After the offers he has turned down, unlikely man

De Boer is much too good for Spurs, and he knows it, he's Arsenal material
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Misquoted, and they keep forcing Spurs in his face and he is simply polite. Until FDB says ''fack the yids mate, always been a gooner'' they'll keep asking..

Will De Boer go to Spurs? After the offers he has turned down, unlikely man

Just quoted off the beeb.

Well he obviously wants to take on another project and tbh he's probably taken Ajax as far as he can. They could in theory have a decent CL run but that's unlikely since they will always sell their best players.

Spurs are a decent side and there's potential there for a manager to make a name for himself. Although you're probably right that De Boer has already done that at Ajax and as a player so he probably doesn't need a middle stepping stone before going on to a huge club.
Just quoted off the beeb.

Well he obviously wants to take on another project and tbh he's probably taken Ajax as far as he can. They could in theory have a decent CL run but that's unlikely since they will always sell their best players.

Spurs are a decent side and there's potential there for a manager to make a name for himself. Although you're probably right that De Boer has already done that at Ajax and as a player so he probably doesn't need a middle stepping stone before going on to a huge club.

Makes sense on paper but this is literally how a FDB interview goes down

Q:What do you think of Spurs?
A:Very good team I think

Q:Would you like to manage in the PL?
A: Every manager wants to do that

Q:Yeah but Spurs?
A: Good team

Q: Eriksen is doing well at Spurs, you must miss him?
A: I'm very happy for him, we're still in contact, but we have lots at young guys at Ajax...

Q:Favourite restaurant in Amsterdam for our readers?
A:We're done.

English media: De Boer is ''in contact'' with Spurs and is determined to come to the PL, and is on record with ''Spurs are a very good team''
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Makes sense on paper but this is literally how a FDB interview goes down

Q:What do you think of Spurs?
A:Very good team I think

Q:Would you like to manage in the PL?
A: Every manager wants to do that

Q:Yeah but Spurs?
A: Good team

Q: Eriksen is doing well at Spurs, you must miss him?
A: I'm very happy for him, we're still in contact, but we have lots at young guys at Ajax...

Q:Favourite restaurant in Amsterdam for our readers?
A:We're done.

English media: De Boer is in contact with Spurs and he is on record saying that he thinks they're a 'very good team'

Well Wenger will probably be around for another 2-5 years so you'll probably miss the boat on De Boer. I'm sure he would've happily come to Arsenal to use it as a stepping stone to enhance his CV to then move onto a big club.
Original post by Zürich
Who remembers crazy Jens?

I loved him because I was a kid, he wasnt that great of a keeper. But I loved egging him on so much ''hammer him Jens'', ''do him'' : ''dant fack abaat, ave im'' D

Lehman was beast man, wasn't he the main international goal keeper World cup 06?
Well Wenger will probably be around for another 2-5 years so you'll probably miss the boat on De Boer. I'm sure he would've happily come to Arsenal to use it as a stepping stone to enhance his CV to then move onto a big club.

In before:

De Boer winning the CL at Arsenal in 2018, calling it right now.

I will be pissed if he ends up at Barca and De Boer has been eyeing up that jpb since day 1...

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
In before:

De Boer winning the CL at Arsenal in 2018, calling it right now.

I will be pissed if he ends up at Barca and De Boer has been eyeing up that jpb since day 1...

Spoiler

If he came to Arsenal, he'd then just move to Barcelona like your best players have over the last decade :colondollar:
If he came to Arsenal, he'd then just move to Barcelona like your best players have over the last decade :colondollar:

What like abi Alonso, Mascherano, Torres? And like Suarez was begging to join Arsenal? no trophies for him then,

There is something about the way tactics are discussed in Dutch that is on another level though We just have tactical words that would take a sentence to explain in English :coma:

You havent lived until youve heard Cruijff's arrogance with that Amsterdam accent

BRB: Nobody can see Cruijff's chalk, literally takes that to mean they dont understand his level.
(edited 9 years ago)

He will if Chelsea win the Champions League this season, or any other season for that matter. :colonhash:
Original post by Zürich
What like abi Alonso, Mascherano, Torres? And like Suarez was begging to join Arsenal? no trophies for him then,

There is something about the way tactics are discussed in Dutch that is on another level though We just have tactical words that would take a sentence to explain in English :coma:

We accept that Liverpool went through a turbulent time under Gilett and Hicks and then the first year or two under FSG so the top players were always going to consider moving. Moving to Real Madrid and Barcelona wasn't a bad move at all for them consider the state Liverpool were in.

Still looks like Suarez is at Liverpool? How many of your players have begged to move to Barcelona or Man City? The ones that remain, all the Arsenal fans beg such players to leave the club.

Arsenal are a club I admire but Wenger gives players a great platform to showcase their talent (in the premier league, playing attractive football and also in the champions league) before moving to a club where they can win trophies.
Original post by NDGAARONDI
He will if Chelsea win the Champions League this season, or any other season for that matter. :colonhash:

Yea well I might explode too if Chelsea win the CL this year :colonhash:
BRB Cruijff's talking about 4-2-3-1 in 2004
BRB Cruijff talking about false 9s in 2004 from the 1970s...

The translation is OK but he has a way of saying ''now listen to how I did it...'' that gets lost. His accent is legendary :coma:
(edited 9 years ago)

Arsenal are a club I admire but Wenger gives players a great platform to showcase their talent (in the premier league, playing attractive football and also in the champions league) before moving to a club where they can win trophies.

We didn't really have much choice in the past what with being stable around 4th. The long term goal from now on is to change the general trend and go back to our old winning days, what with all the finances being sorted out very recently. To expect us to swing from 4th to title winners in one day is pushing it but we've still generally had a better run. We no longer have to be a "selling club" of our talent :colondollar: , we're much better off attracting the big names now instead since titles are looking more realistic for the future.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1795
Why have you not posted this yet Zurich. It's much better.

"You can start crying or.............." :sogood:
Original post by 419
Why have you not posted this yet Zurich. It's much better.

"You can start crying or.............." :sogood:

It's interesting because you might say Mourinho adhere's more to some of Cryuff's ideas. Mourinho makes his team compact and reduces the space to defend and looks to attack into space.

On the flip side, Guardiola seems to attack with a slow build up (which allows the opposition to defend in numbers) which then makes the attack not as big as possible (since then you're trying to attack around the 18 yard box) and similarly when his teams defend, they use the ball or try and get it back quickly as opposed to reducing the space (if anything they make the space bigger to move the ball about).
See Khedira and Kroos cracking joke in the tunnel?

Sami: 'you going United fam lol?'
Toni: 'you dizzy blud, after you lol'
Goodbye Bayern.
You can see why Real kept Di Maria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest