The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
I am from Egypt and was just offered to do Msc. Motorsports engineering

I have no idea how good the University or the City is since i am not from the UK and the ranking tables can only tell so much. any recommendations for me would be welcome

I also have offers from Coventry and Hertfordshire, and waiting for others. But so far Brookes is a really strong contender.

Anyone care to set my mind at ease?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by M.Nader

I have no idea how good the University or the City is since i am not from the UK and the ranking tables can only tell so much. any recommendations for me would be welcome

I also have offers from Coventry and Hertfordshire, and waiting for others. But so far Brookes is a really strong contender.

Hey, well done on getting your offer :smile: although I'm not yet a student at Brookes, I have to say that I have never heard any current students say anything bad about the uni, which must be a good thing! Oxford is a really nice, big vibrant city and I think it has everything a student would need, especially in their first year. To me the only downside is that the accommodation at Brookes is rather expensive, but then again I can't really speak for the other two unis because I haven't checked them out :')

Good luck making your decision :biggrin:
Reply 582
Original post by M.Nader

Well I have friends at both and they're all really happy with their courses... I would say the Coventry course is slightly better industry links wise but apart from that not much difference :tongue: I live near Coventry and I can assure you that going to Oxford Brookes will be a much nicer place to live and be in than Coventry... As long as you like the course and make good friends I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself anywhere :smile:
Reply 583
I thought "after Easter" would mean in the week following the end of the Easter holidays... Just to put my mind at ease - nobody has received their email yet, have they?
Reply 584
Original post by Choppie
I thought "after Easter" would mean in the week following the end of the Easter holidays... Just to put my mind at ease - nobody has received their email yet, have they?

No, nothing yet -.-

Aha, I'm a little less patient. I expected 'after Easter' to be 'immediately after Easter'... Have been continuously refreshing emails all week... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 585
Original post by KehRawwr
No, nothing yet -.-

Aha, I'm a little less patient. I expected 'after Easter' to be 'immediately after Easter'... Have been continuously refreshing emails all week... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm expecting them to not send them until may :tongue:
Reply 586
Original post by Burrows
I'm expecting them to not send them until may :tongue:

Yeah, they'll probably milk the timing for all it's worth.
The first deadline isJuly so they've got plenty of time...
I just want to be proactive and be doing something! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 587
Original post by KehRawwr
Yeah, they'll probably milk the timing for all it's worth.
The first deadline isJuly so they've got plenty of time...
I just want to be proactive and be doing something! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I read that the first lot of people to get offered accommodation are people with unconditional offers so I hope the email does come soon!
Just wondering if anyone has applied to do English and History?

Also slightly panicked that I havent heard anything about accommodation as well! I am constantly checking for the email haha, hopefully soon!
Fingers crossed that this week is the week! I shouldn't be so stressed, but I already know I'm going to have to not bring anything for my room and then buy it all once I get to England, and it's freaking me out a little!!
I read on their allocation policy that people with unconditional offers get theirs sorted now and people with conditional offers have to wait until august!?
Original post by Dominiquee06
I read on their allocation policy that people with unconditional offers get theirs sorted now and people with conditional offers have to wait until august!?

Everyone gets the accommodation information through at the same time and you can all make your choices at the same time, so conditional offers wont have to wait longer for the email - it's just they make the allocation process easier for them by easing the amount of work they'd have to do after the results are released.
They can't offer a room to someone who might not be at the uni, so your offer has to be unconditional before you'll get a room. If they already have some people who don't have to meet the conditions and are almost certainly going to be attending the uni it makes sense to do it earlier and get some of the work done.

Presumably, if the allocation process is as random as they say it is, then it will still be fair to those only being allocated a room in August/September...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BN_BN
Yep I believe so! I would try get your accommodation application sent in as soon as you can just to be on the safe side :smile:

Do you get free wifi in the halls??:smile:
For anyone worried/concerned about the accommodation email, I sent the department an email about it and this was their reply,
"Thank you for your email.
The Admissions Department will be sending our full details on how to apply for our on-line accommodation over the next few weeks. This process is done in batches so please do not be concerned if you do not hear anything for the new month or so. We do not operate a first come, first served system and therefore you will not b...e disadvantaged if you do not receive your email immediately. The information from the Admissions Team will be sent by email to the email address provided through your UCAS application.
Deadlines for applications are as follows:
Deferred or unconditional students - 1st July
Conditional firm - 15th July in order to be guaranteed one of your choices
Final deadline - 25th August
We look forward to welcoming you to Oxford Brookes in September.
Best wishes.
The Accommodation Team"
Hope this helpssss
Original post by cremeeggaddict
Guyssss, I haven't been on this thread forever! I got an offer for English and Communication, Media and Culture (such a mouthful!) and I firmed it! I didn't pick an insurance so i'm stuffed if I don't get in hahah, where is everyone looking at for accommodation?

me tooo, applying for clive booth if I can:bl:
Reply 595
I sent an email to a few hours ago and got the same reply, but I've just been sent my login details so can actually apply for my accommodation now too :biggrin:
Just got my email so I imagine they should be out shortly for everyone.
I just got mine as well! So excited. :biggrin:
Reply 598
Hey I'll be studying at the harcourt hill campus but don't think I want to live there because there's on 260 rooms or something and I think I want to be in a busier place so I'm applying for either cheney or clive booth. Is anyone else doing the same?
x
Reply 599
I'm unsure whether to apply to Cheney student village or not purely because it's £6000+ a year :s-smilie: I'm definitely applying to Clive booth ensuite and non ensuite, I also didn't realise there was an option to be in a female only flat??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending