The Student Room Group

Really really getting scared? panicking

Okay so this is whats going on

got gcse on my science- biology, chemistry and physics in the start of june , all higher, i dont know how i did it but i got good grades however i promise you they must have been flukes, now i've got to revise everything from biology - EVERYTHING, CHEMISTRY - EVERYTHING, PHYSICS - EVERYTHING
I cant do it, i try to revise but cant, i have to make excuses i will do 3 hours today but cant and i've forgetten nearly everything

please help what should i do

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably not the best advice but this is how I did it. Just read the revision books over and over again. Don't even think about trying to retain it; if you read the books a few times the facts will naturally stick or come back to you when you sit the exams. you'll remember the image of the page rather than the actual facts. just to be safe though I'd listen to some more opinions. good luck!
Wait until A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HarryALT
Probably not the best advice but this is how I did it. Just read the revision books over and over again. Don't even think about trying to retain it; if you read the books a few times the facts will naturally stick or come back to you when you sit the exams. you'll remember the image of the page rather than the actual facts. just to be safe though I'd listen to some more opinions. good luck!

This is exactly what I did. I could even visualise almost every page of the revision guides when I was in an exam. It worked lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Civil Dispute
Wait until A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait until Uni. My life is just stress atm.
Reply 5
not going uni i cant deal with the stress
Reply 6
What really helps me is going through the revision books, and reading a paragraph or section of the page then rewrite from memory straight after without looking. It doesn't have to be word for word but try and include the main points. Then after you've done this for a few pages go back and underline or highlight all the key phrases and points of the notes. This going over it again underlining always really helps me to remember and instil it in my minds. Don't worry! We're all feeling the stress
Original post by The New Guys

got gcse on my science- biology, chemistry and physics in the start of june , all higher, i dont know how i did it but i got good grades however i promise you they must have been flukes, now i've got to revise everything from biology - EVERYTHING, CHEMISTRY - EVERYTHING, PHYSICS - EVERYTHING
I cant do it, i try to revise but cant, i have to make excuses i will do 3 hours today but cant and i've forgetten nearly everything

Try to revise maybe in short burst. Dont say that you are going to revise for 3hrs as it is clearly not working for you as you are struggling. Why not go through past papersand watch online tutorils that may help. Use revision guides aswell but dont just sit thete cramming usless information but pick out key points that will actually help you. Get someone to test you and help you with someting you are not sure about etc.
:smile:

"Dont make time your enemy"
Always Remember "Winners are to busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated."
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Also go on my-gcsescience.com It has free science tutorials
I learn from my mistakes more than anything so I just did all the past papers I could (Some more than once), marked them and worked on what I got wrong. I gradually got better while doing the past papers as similar questions pop up and you get used to the pattern of the exam paper which helps and won't surprise you so much in the exam. The more prepared you are, the better :smile:
should i just read the booklet, i hate working especilly writing down
and go on my-gcsescience.com!! You don't have to do anything, just sit there and watch the videos which makes the topics really clear

Make nice concise notes by integrating the information from your revision guide, text book and any other source of information for the respective subject. Then once you have made some nice notes, develop posters or mind-maps. As exams are quite close, try and do this as quickly as you can in order to progress to the next stage which is past papers.

Past papers are the key to Science exams! Ensure that you have had plenty of practice before you go into the exam. The past papers will allow you to better deal with the time pressures (that quite a few students struggle with). Past papers are a vital revision tool, but without the basic understanding they are pointless! So make sure you re-read your notes or revision guide/text books.

i've got a lot to revise, should i start tommorow, it's a bit late to start now
thanks for the advice guys
only issue is i havent got a desk or draw to workon so it's quite hard for me

Silly bugger, it's never too late (deep quote of the day)
only issue is i havent got a desk or draw to workon so it's quite hard for me

Sit on your bed, I find it comfier anyway
Read a chapter of the revision guide each night before bed. Do lots of past papers for each subject. Make mind maps for topics you need work on. Draw diagrams. Make posters. Create a revision quiz.

Get everything ready tonight and start as soon as you can tomorrow! Make yourself start, no putting it off. The sooner you start, the better:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending