The Student Room Group

Why are some Muslims always trying to convert me?

Okay most Muslims I know are a lovely lot and we all get on fine. However, on the way home I have to pass through town and there is this stand where this group of Muslims stand approaching people and trying to persuade them to learn about the faith and convert. Why do they do this? Of what benefit is it to them to spread their faith? Why do they have to try and impress it on everyone else? They're a really persistent lot and this has happened for like the third time this week now or something.

Scroll to see replies

I assume because they believe it's the truth and want to save as many souls as possible?
They believe it's true and they're trying to spread the word? :dontknow:
Original post by The_Dragonborn
Okay most Muslims I know are a lovely lot and we all get on fine. However, on the way home I have to pass through town and there is this stand where this group of Muslims stand approaching people and trying to persuade them to learn about the faith and convert. Why do they do this? Of what benefit is it to them to spread their faith? Why do they have to try and impress it on everyone else? They're a really persistent lot and this has happened for like the third time this week now or something.

It is a duty for us to deliver the message of Islam so that everyone who is either misinformed or not knowledgeable of the religion may get to know the real religion and not the one in the media and make unbiased and informed decision.
I see it a lot too :smile: they believe their religion is the true one and want to make sure everybody knows about it and maybe converts so their soul is saved or something like that anyhow :smile:
Original post by MathsAddict
It is a duty for us to deliver the message of Islam so that everyone who is either misinformed or not knowledgeable of the religion may get to know the real religion and not the one in the media and make unbiased and informed decision.

Yeah but it gets kind of annoying that these guys are trying to push it onto us. We learn to ignore the stereotypes and negative bias towards Islam in the media because we aren't narrow-minded.
Yeah but it gets kind of annoying that these guys are trying to push it onto us. We learn to ignore the stereotypes and negative bias towards Islam in the media because we aren't narrow-minded.

I get the same thing from Christian preachers but we end up having a long discussion and then i leave. The ones in my area have a table and just hand leaflets and most of the time people go to the booth instead. The ones in your area may Allah reward them should be careful not to be too aggressive.
Reply 7

If someone doesn't receive the pure undistorted version of Islam in front of him/her to either accept or reject ..then will God send him/her to hell or heaven?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get the same thing from Christian preachers but we end up having a long discussion and then i leave. The ones in my area have a table and just hand leaflets and most of the time people go to the booth instead. The ones in your area may Allah reward them should be careful not to be too aggressive.

It's not that I have anything against the faith, I'm just not a religious person and I get sick of having the leaflets (which is just Islamic propaganda if I'm honest) and having to listen to what they have to say over and over again. You must sympathise after all you get it from Christian preachers. Same thing, different faith.

What do you mean may Allah reward them? They're pretty annoying and I'm sure there's better things they could be doing with the free time, e.g. volunteer work. Wouldn't God see that as a good thing too?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HIV
If someone doesn't receive the pure undistorted version of Islam in front of him/her to either accept or reject ..then will God send him/her to hell or heaven?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends for example if someone knew it was true and believe in it ie. intention to take the shahada and preform daily salahs and follow the five pillars. However, they renounced their faith and disbelieved that is apostasy and that can lead you to hell if you die like that basically hypocrisy which is talked about in the Quran.

Furthermore, there are several things that can lead you to hell such as back biting, Major shirk ie. polythiesm- This one is serious unforgivable. To praying consistently late without excuses. To miss Fajr prayer time consistently or miss Asr prayer. As far as i am aware Allahu A'lam that Major Shirk ie polytheism is the one that is unforgivable.
If you want pm me i can send you a link.

Back to the question like I said if they had enough knowledge to comprehend the teachings understand them and accept them and then later renounce it and die like that then that could lead them to hell. Furthermore, just because i am a muslim doesn't even mean i am going to heaven, i have to follow the Quran and Sunnah to the best of my abilities and make sure to avoid all those grave sins that are mentioned. Minor sins can be forgiven through making ablution, prayer, fasting and repentance.
It's not that I have anything against the faith, I'm just not a religious person and I get sick of having the leaflets (which is just Islamic propaganda if I'm honest) and having to listen to what they have to say over and over again. You must sympathise after all you get it from Christian preachers. Same thing, different faith.

What do you mean may Allah reward them? They're pretty annoying and I'm sure there's better things they could be doing with the free time, e.g. volunteer work. Wouldn't God see that as a good thing too?

Yes charitable work is indeed a good thing as well, but i guess they enjoy explaining and preaching as a hobby. I do get where you are coming from though.
I'd be pretty annoyed too if they try and convert me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes charitable work is indeed a good thing as well, but i guess they enjoy explaining and preaching as a hobby. I do get where you are coming from though.

It's just that like, if I wanted to be part of a faith or something, I'd go to them and express my interest. I don't want to hear it day in day out when I want no part of it.
Original post by HIV

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Evil Deeds that Lead One to Hell

Sheikh al-Islâm Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla have mercy on him, was asked:
"What are the deeds of the people of Hell and what are the deeds of the people of Paradise?"

He replied,
"The deeds of the people of Hell are:

1) associating partners in worship with Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla

2) disbelieving in His Messenger

3) kufr (ingratitude, disbelief)

4) hasad (malicious envy)

5) lying

6) treachery

7) oppression and wrongdoing (dhulm)

8) promiscuity

9) backstabbing

10) cutting off the ties of kinship

11) cowardice at the time of jihâd

12) miserliness

13) inconsistency between what is in one's heart and the face that one shows to people

14) despairing of the mercy of Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla

15) feeling secure from the plan of Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla

16) panicking blindly at the time of crisis

17) pride and extravagance at the time of plenty

18) abandoning one's duties towards Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla

19) transgressing His limits

20) violating His sanctity

21) fearing a created being instead of the Creator

22) showing off

23) going against the Qur'ân and Sunnah in word or deed

24) obeying a created being in some act of disobedience to the Creator

25) blindly supporting falsehood

26) mocking the signs of Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla

27) rejecting the truth

28) withholding knowledge and testimony that should be revealed

29) witchcraft and magic

30) disobeying one's parents

31) killing any soul forbidden by Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla except for reasons of justice

32) consuming the wealth of the orphan

33) riba (usury)

34) desertion from the battlefield

35) slandering the reputation of innocent, chaste, believing women"

(Yaqadhat uli al-I'tibâr, p.222)

The Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam mentioned all the sins that will lead one to Hell. Muslim reports from 'Iyâdh bin Himâr that the Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said, during a lengthy khutbah:

"..the people of Hell are five: the weak who lack the power to (avoid evil); the (carefree) who pursue (everything irrespective of whether it is good or evil) and who have no concern for their families or their wealth; the dishonest people whose greed cannot be concealed even in the case of minor things; and those who betray you, morning and evening, with regard to your family and your property. He also mentioned misers, liars and those who are in the habit of abusing people and using obscene, foul language". (Muslim in Kitâb al-Jannah wa Sifât Na'imihâ Bâb as-Sifât allâtî yu'raf bihâ fid-dunyâ ahl al-Jannah wa ahl an-Nâr, 4/2197 no. 2865)

Specific People Who Will Be In Hell

The kuffâr and mushikrîn will be in Hell, no doubt about it, but the Qur'ân and hadîth also mention specific people who will be in the Fire. One of them is the Pharaoh who ruled at the time of Musa alayhis salâm:
"He [Pharaoh] will go before his people on the Day of Judgement, and will lead them into the Fire.." (11:98)

Also included are the wives of Nuh alayhis salâm and Lut alayhis salâm:
"Allâh sets forth for an example to the unbelievers, the wife of Nuh and the wife of Lut. They were [respectively] under two of Our righteous slaves, but they were false to their [husbands] and they profited nothing before Allâh on their account, but were told: "Enter the Fire, along with those who enter!" (66:10)

Abû Lahab and his wife are also among those mentioned specifically:
"Perish the hands of the Father of Flame [Abû Lahab]! Perish he! No profit to him from all his wealth and all his gains! Burnt soon will he be in a Fire of blazing flames! His wife shall carry the [crackling] wood, as fuel! A twisted rope of palm fibre round her [own] neck!" (111:1-5)

Another of them is 'Amr ibn 'Aamir al-Khuzâ'i, whom the Prophet salallâhu alayhe wa salam being disembowelled in Hell (sahîh hadîth narrated by al-Bukhârî, Muslim, Ahmad); and the one who killed 'Ammâr and plundered his possessions. A report with a Sahîh isnâd quoted in Mu'jam at-Tabarânî from 'Amr ibn al-'Aas, and his son states that the Prophet salallâhu alayhe wa salam said,
"The one who killed 'Ammâr and plundered his possessions will be in Hell". (Sahîh al-Jâmi', 4/110, #4170)

The Disbelievers Among the Jinn Will Be In Hell

The disbelievers among the jinn will enter Hell just like the disbelievers among mankind, for the jinn are held responsible for their actions just as human beings are:
"And I have only created jinns and men that they may worship Me [alone]" (51:56)

On the Day of Resurrection, the jinn and mankind will be gathered alike:
"And on the Day when He will gather them [all] together, [and say]: "O assembly of jinns! Many did you mislead of men" (6:128)

"So by your Rabb, without doubt, We shall gather them together, and [also] the Evil Ones [with them], then We shall bring them forth on their knees round about Hell. Then shall We certainly drag out from every sect all those who were worst in obstinate rebellion against Allâh the All-Gracious. And certainly We know best those who are most worthy of being burned therein". (19:68-70)

Then Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla will tell the disbelieving jinn:
"Enter in the company of nations who passed away before you, of men and jinns into the Fire". (7:38)

Then they will be thrown on their faces in Hell:
"Then they will be thrown headlong into the [Fire], they and those straying in evil. And the whole hosts of Iblis together". (26:94-95)

Thus Allâh's promise that Hell will be filled with the disbelievers among the jinn and mankind will be fulfilled:
"..And the word of your Rabb shall be fulfilled: "Surely I will fill Hell with jinns and men all together" (11:119)

"And the Sentence among the previous generations of jinns and men that had passed away is proved against then.." (41:25)

Those Who Will Not Remain in Hell Forever

(1) Definition: Those who will enter Hell and be brought forth at a later time are the monotheists who did not associate anything with Allâh (swt) but they committed many sins that far outweigh their good deeds. They will enter Hell for a period known only to Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla, then they will be brought forth through the intercession of those who intercede, and Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla will bring forth, through His Mercy, people who never did any good at all.

(2) The Sins for which Allâh (swt) has promised Hell -

Here we will mention some of the sins which the Qur'ân and Hadîth state will earn the punishment of Hell:(i) Following groups and sects that go against the Sunnah

Abû Dawûd, ad-Dâramî, Ahmad, al-Hâkim and others narrate that Mu'awiyah ibn Abi Sufyan said:
"The Messenger of Allâh stood up among us and said: "There were some among the People of the Book before you who divided into seventy-two sects. This nation will divide into seventy-three sects, seventy-two of whom will be in Hellfire, and only one in Paradise. (This group) is al-Jamâ'ah"

This is a sahîh hadîth. After mentioning its various asânid (chain of narrator), al-Hâkim remarked,"These asânid prove that this hadîth is sahîh". Adh-Dhahabî agreed with him. Sheikh al-Islâm Ibn Taymiyyah said,"It is a mashhûr sahîh hadîth al-Shatibî said in al-I'tisâm that it is sahîh.” Sheikh Nâsir ud-Dîn al-Albânî listed its asânid and stated that it is without a doubt sahîh. (See Silsilat al-Ahadîth as-Sahîhah, hadîth no. 204)

Siddîq Hasan Khân suggested that the extra wording in the hadîth,

"all of them are doomed except one"

or
"seventy two are in the Fire",

was a da'îf addition. He transmitted this opinion from his Shaykh, ash-Shawkânî, who narrated it from Ibn al-Wazîr and Ibn Hazm before him. He approved the opinion of one who said,
"This addition is one of the fabrications of the atheists because it puts people off Islâm and scares them away from embracing it." (Yaqadhât ul al-I'tibâr, p.206)

Sheikh Nâsir ud-Dîn al-Albânî refuted the opinion that this addition is da'îf on two counts:

(a) Scholarly critical examination of the hadîth indicates that this addition is Sahîh so the opinion that it is da'îf carries no weight.

(b) Those who say that it is sahîh are greater in number and more knowledgeable than Ibn Hazm, who is well-known among the scholars for being extremely strict in his criticism. His opinion should not be taken as evidence if he is the only one who says so, even if there is no conflict, so how can it be taken as evidence when it differs from everyone else's view?

Ibn al-Wazîr rejects the hadîth on the grounds of its meaning rather than its isnâd. Siddîq Hasan Khân spoke on this in Yaqadhât uli al-I'tibâr explaining that the indication of this addition is that those of this ummah who will enter Paradise are few in number, whereas well-proven Sahîh texts indicate that those of this ummah who will enter Paradise are very many, so many that they will be half the population of Paradise:

This may be reconciled in the following ways:

a) Dividing the ummah into seventy-three sects does not mean that most of this ummah will be in Hell, because most of its ummah are `awâm ("rank and file") who are not counted among those sects. Those who deviated and established rules that contradict the Sunnah are few in number when compared to those who avoided falling into that trap.

(b) Not everyone who differs from Ahl as-Sunnah is SOME issue is counted as contradicting the Sunnah. What is meant is that those people who adopted rules that made them a separate, independent group and caused them to abandon many texts of the Qur'ân and Sunnah, like the Khawârij, the Mu'tazilah and Rawâfidh.

As for those who adopt the Qur'ân and Sunnah and do not deviate from them, if they differ in some matter it does not mean that they are counted as one of the (doomed) sects.

(c) This addition indicates that all other sects will enter Hell, but that does not necessarily mean hat they will abide therein forever.

It is well known that some of these sects are kuffâr and will abide eternally in Hell, like the extreme Bâtinis who make a show of faith whilst concealing kufr in their hearts, and the Ismâ'ilis, Druze, Nusayris and so on.

There are others who differ from Ahl as-Sunnah in some serious issues, but that does not mean they are kuffâr. They have no definite guarantee of entering Paradise. Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla may forgive them or punish them as He wills. They made do some righteous deeds that will save them from Hell, or they may be saved by the intercession of those who intercede, or they may enter Hell and remain there for as long as Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla wills, then be brought forth through the intercession of those who intercede and the Mercy of the Most Merciful.

(ii) Refusing to Migrate for the Sake of Allâh

Muslims are not permitted to remain in Dâr al-Kufr if there are Muslim countries to which they could migrate (NB: or if it becomes wâjib on them to make hijrah) especially when staying in Dâr al-Kufr exposes them to trials and temptations. Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla will not accept any excuse from those who refused to migrate:
"When the angels take the souls of those who die in sin against their souls, they say: "In what [plight] were you?" They reply, "Weak and oppressed were we in the earth". They [the angels] say: "Was not the earth of Allâh spacious enough for you to move yourselves away from evil?" Such men will find their abode in Hell - what an evil refuge [or destination]! Except those who are really weak and oppressed - men, women and children, who have no means in their power, nor [a guide post] to direct their way". (4:97-98)

Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla will not excuse any of them (NB: upon whom hijrah was OBLIGATORY} except those weak and oppressed person who had no means of migrating and could find no way of moving to Islâmic lands.
(iii) Judging Unjustly

Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla revealed the Shari'ah to establish justice among mankind, and He commanded His slaves to be Just:
"Verily Allâh commands the justice [and] the doing of good.." (16:90)

He has made it obligatory for rulers and judges to be just and never to be unfair:
"Allâh commands you to render back your trusts to those to whom they are due; and when you judge between man and man, that you judge with justice". (4:58)

Allâh subhânû wa ta'âla threatens Hell to those who do not judge with justice. Buraydah ibn al-Husayb narrated that the Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said,
"There are three types of judges: one will be in Paradise and the other two in Hell. The one who will be in Paradise is the one who knows the truth and judges according to it. As for the one who knows the truth but is unjust in his judgement, he will be in Hell, as will the one who judges between people without understanding or knowledge". (Abû Dawûd - Jâmi' al-Usûl, 10/168)

(iv) Lying about [falsely attributing words to] the Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam

Ibn al-Ithir included in his famous book, Jâmi' al-Usûl a chapter in which he quoted many hadîth that warn against lying about the Prophet salallâhu alayhe wa salam. These include the report by al-Bukhârî, Muslim and at-Tirmidhî from 'Alî ibn Abi Tâlib who said:
"The Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said to me: "Do not lie about me (or falsely attribute anything to me) for whoever lies about me will enter Hell".

Al-Bukhârî reported that Salaman ibn al-Akwa' said:
"I heard the Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam say: "Whoever attributes to me words that I did not say, let him take his place in Hell".

Al-Bukhârî and Abû Dawûd reported that 'Abdullâh ibn az-Zubayr narrated from his father, az-Zubayr ibn al-'Awwâm:
"I heard the Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam say: "Whoever lies about me deliberately, let him take his place in Hell".

Al-Bukhârî and Muslim narrated from al-Mughirah ibn Shu'bah,
"The Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said "Lying about me is not like lying about anybody else. Whoever lies about me, let him take his place in Hell". (Jâmi al-Usûl, 10/211)

(v) Pride

One of the major sins, al-Kabâ'ir, is pride. Abû Hurayrah (ra) narrated:
"The Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said that Allâh (swt) said, "Pride is My cloak and greatness is My robe. Whoever competes with Me in respect of either of them, I shall admit him to Hellfire".

(according to another report, "I will make him taste Hellfire") - Muslim.

Ibn Mas'ud said:

"The Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said, "No one who has an atom's weight of pride in his heart will enter Paradise". A man said, "But what if a man likes his clothes and shoes to look good?" He said, "Allâh is beautiful and loves beauty. Pride is rejecting the truth and looking down on people". (Muslim).

(vi) Killing a person for no legitimate reason

Allâh says:
"If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein [forever] and the Wrath and the Curse of Allâh are upon him, and a dreadful Penalty is prepared for him". (4:93)

It is not permitted for a Muslim to kill another except in three cases, as explained in the hadîth narrated by al-Bukhârî and Muslim from Ibn Mas'ûd (ra) who said that the Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said:
"It is not permitted to shed the blood of any Muslim person who testifies that there is no god but Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla and that I am His Prophet, except in three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e in the case of murder), the married man who commits adultery, and the one who forsakes his religion and abandons the jamâ'ah". (Tafsîr Ibn Kathîr, 2/355)

Al-Bukhâri narrates from Ibn 'Umar that the Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said:
"The believer has a chance so long as he does not spill blood that it is forbidden to spill".

Ibn Umar (ra) said,
"One of the situations from which there is no escape for the one who falls into it is the shedding of blood for no legitimate reason". (Sahih al-Bukhârî, Kitâb ad-Dâyât, Bâb Qawl Allâh ta'ala wa man yaqtul mu'minan muta'ammidan, Fath ul-Bâri, 12/187)

The Prophet salallâhu alayhe wa salam warned the Muslims against fighting one another and stated that the killer and his victim will both be in Hell. Abû Bakrah said:
"The Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said, "If two Muslims face one another with swords, both the slayer and the slain will be in Hell". I asked, or it was asked, "O Messenger of Allâh (it is clear about) the slayer, but what about the slain?" He said, "He was trying hard to kill his counterpart". (Muslim, Kitâb al-Fitan, Bâb idhâ tuwajaha al-Musliman bi sayfayhimâ 4/2213)

Hence the righteous slave of Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla refuses to fight his brother, for fear that he may be among the people of Hell, for the slayer will carry his own sins and those of his slain brother:
"Recite to them the truth of the story of the two sons of Adam. behold, they each presented a sacrifice [to Allâh]: it was accepted from one but not from the other. Said the latter: "Be sure I will slay you". Said the former: "Allâh does not accept the sacrifice of those who are righteous. If you do stretch your hand against me to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against you to slay you, for I fear Allâh, the Cherisher of the Worlds. For me, I intend to let you draw on yourself my sin as well as yours, for you will be among the Companions [or dwellers] of the Fire, and that is the reward of those who do wrong". (5:27-29)

Deeds which are Punishable by Hellfire

(vii) Consuming Ribâ

One of the sins that will condemn a person to Hell is consuming ribâ. Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla says of those who indulge in this sin after they have come to know that He has forbidden it:
"..but those who repeat the offence (ribâ) are Companions (dwellers) of the Fire - they will abide therein [forever]" (2:275)

"O you who believe! Devour not [interest, ribâ} doubled and multiplied, but fear Allâh that you may [really] prosper. Fear the Fire, which is prepared for those who reject Faith". (3:130-131)

According to a hadith whose authenticity is agreed upon, the Prophet salallâhu alayhe wa salam counted ribâ as one of the seven sins that would doom the one who committed them to Hell. al-Bukhâri and Muslim report that Abû Hurayrah radiallâhu anhû said:
"The Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam said, "Avoid the seven sins that will condemn the one who commits them to Hell". They asked, "What are they, O Messenger of Allâh salallâhu alayhe wa salam?" He said, "Associating anything in worship with Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla; magic and witchcraft; killing anyone whose killing Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla has forbidden, except in the course of justice; consuming ribâ; consuming the wealth of the orphan; running away from the battlefield; and slandering the reputation of innocent, chaste believing women".

(viii) Consuming people's wealth or property unjustly

As Allâh says: "O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves in vanities; but let there be amongst you traffic and trade by mutual good will. Nor kill [or destroy] yourselves, for verily Allâh has been to you All-Merciful. If any do that in rancour and injustice, soon shall We cast him into the Fire, and easy is it for Allâh" (4:29-30)

The one who consumes the wealth of people unjustly also consumes the property of orphans unjustly. Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla made specific mention of the property of orphans because of their weak position and the ease which their property may be consumed, and the particular ugliness of this sin:
"Those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, eat up a Fire into their own bellies, and they will soon be enduring a blazing Fire! (4:10)

(ix) Those Who Make Images of Animate Beings

The people who will be most severely punished on the Day of Resurrection are those who make images and seek to imitate the creation of Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla. Al-Bukhâri and Muslim narrate that 'Abdullâh ibn Mas'ud said,
"I heard the Messenger of Allâh sallâhu alayhe wa salam said,"The people who will be most severely punished on the Day of Resurrection are those who make images". (Mishkât al-Masâbîh, 2/505)

Ibn 'Abbâs said,
"I heard the Messenger of Allâh sallâhu alayhe wa salam say, "Every maker of images will be in the Fire, and for every image he made Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla will create for him a soul [i.e. so that the punishment will be multiplied accordingly] and Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla will punish him in Hell." (al-Bukhâri and Muslim).

'Aishah reported that the Prophet sallâhu alayhe wa salam said, concerning a pillow that had pictures on it,
"The makers of these images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection. It will be said to them: "Give life to that which you have created". (al-Bukhâri and Muslim).

'Aishah also reported that the Prophet sallâhu alayhe wa salam said
"Those who will be most severely punished are those who imitate the creation of Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla" (Mishkât al-Masâbîh)

Abû Hurayrah radiallâhu anhû said,
"I heard the Messenger of Allâh says,
"Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla said, "Who is a greater wrongdoer than the one who tries to create something like My creation? Let them create a grain or let them create a seed or a grain of barely"

(al-Bukhâri and Muslim).

(x) Inclining to Those Who Do Wrong

One of the reasons why people will enter Hell is inclining towards and supporting those who do wrong, the enemies of Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla;
"And incline not to those who do wrong, or the Fire will seize you, and you have no protectors other than Allâh, nor shall you be helped". (11:113)

(xi) Women Who Are Dressed But Appear Naked, and Those Who Whip the Backs of People

Another type of person who will enter Hell is the corrupt woman who makes a display of herself and tempts men - perhaps this phenomenon has never been quite so widespread as it is now - and never obeys Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla. Abû Hurayrah radiallâhu anhû reported that the Prophet sallâhu alayhe wa salam said:
"There are two types of people of Hell that I have never seen; people with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they strike the people, and women who are dressed but appear naked, walking with an enticing gait, with their heads looking like the humps of camels, leaning to one side. They will never enter Paradise, nor even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be discerned from such and such a distance". (Muslim, al-Bayhaqî, and Ahmad - Silsilat al-Ahadîth as-Sahîhah, 3/316, no. 1326)

Concerning those who have whips like the tails of cattle, al-Qurtubî said,
"This type of whip can be seen among us in Morocco until now."

Commenting on al-Qurtubî's remark, Siddîq Hasan Khan said,
"Indeed it can be seen in every time and place, and it is increasing day by day among the leaders. We seek refuge in Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla from all that Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla despises". (Yaqadhat uli al-I'tibâr p.113)

And I say: we still see such people in many places, striking the people. May they and their like perish.
(xii) Those Who Torture Living Beings

Muslim reports in his Sahîh from Jâbir that the Messenger of Allâh sallâhu alayhe wa salam said,
"I was shown Hell and I saw a woman of Banu Isrâ'îl who was being punished because of a cat that she had owned. She tied it up and did not feed it, or let it eat of the vermin of the earth, until it died of hunger." (Mishkât al-Masâbîh, 3/688)

If this is the case for one who tormented a cat, then how will it be for those who use all kinds of methods to torture human beings, especially when it is the righteous who are being tortured for their faith and their Islâm? May Allâh curse those who torture the believers - be it in the lands of Chechnya, Kashmir, Maluku, Philippines, Palestine, or in the jails of the Muslim lands.
(xiii) Insincerity in Seeking Knowledge

Al-Hâfidh al-Mundhiri mentions many hadîths that warn the person who seeks knowledge for a cause other than the sake of Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla. We will quote a few of them here. Abû Hurayrah radiallâhu anhû said, the Messenger of Allâh sallâhu alayhe wa salam said,
"Whoever seeks knowledge that should be sought only for the sake of Allâh (swt) but seeks it purely for some worldly gain, he will not smell the fragrance of Paradise on the Day of Resurrection".

It was reported by Abû Dawud and Ibn Mâjah, by Ibn Hibbân in his Sahîh and by al-Hâkim who said, "It is sahîh according to the conditions of al-Bukhâri and Muslim".

Jâbir said, The Messenger of Allâh sallâhu alayhe wa salam said,

"Do not seek knowledge in order to compete with the knowledgeable, or to win arguments with the ignorant, or to show off in gatherings. Whoever does any of that will be in Hell." It was reported by Ibn Mâjah, by Ibn Hibbân in his Sahîh and al-Bayhaqî.

Ibn 'Umar radiallâhu anhû said that the Messenger of Allâh sallâhu alayhe wa salam said,
"Whoever seeks knowledge for a reason other than for the sake of Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla, then let him take his place in Hell." It was reported by at-Tirmidhî and Ibn Mâjah from Ibn 'Umar via Khâlid ibn Durayk who did not hear it directly from him; the men in their isnâds are thiqâh." (at-Targhîb wat-Tarhîb by al-Mundhirî 1/91)

(xv) The One Who Cuts Down Trees that Offer Shade To People

'Abdullâh ibn Hubaysh radiallâhu anhû said, The Messenger of Allâh sallâhu alayhe wa salam said,
"Whoever cuts down shade trees, Allâh subhânu wa ta'âla will cast him head first into Hell". (Abû Dawud, Mishkât al-Masâbîh, 2/125. Sheikh Nâsir ud-Dîn al-Albâni mentioned it in Sahîh al-Jâmi' 5/431, hadith no. 6352 and ascribed it to Abû Dawud an ad-Diyâ, al-Mukhtarah.)

Al-Bayhaqi reported, with a sahîh isnad from 'Aaishah that the Messenger of Allâh sallâhu alayhe wa salam said,
"Those who cut down shade trees will be thrown on their heads in Hell." (al-Bayhaqi in Sahîh al-Jâmi' 2/88, al-Albânî said it is sahîh)

(xvi) Those Who Commit Suicide

Al-Bukhârî and Muslim report from Abû Hurayrah that the Prophet sallâhu alayhe wa salam said,
"Whoever kills himself with iron (a sharp instrument) then his iron will be in his hand, and he will be stabbing himself in the stomach with it forever in the Fire of Hell. Whoever kills himself with poison, then he will be drinking that poison forever in the Fire of Hell. Whoever throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, he will be throwing himself down forever in the Fire of Hell". (at-Tawkhîf min an-Nâr, p. 148)

Al-Bukhârî reports from Abû Hurayrah that the Prophet sallâhu alayhe wa salam said,
"The one who strangles himself will be strangling himself in Hell, and the one who stabs himself will be stabbing himself in Hell". (Sahîh al-Jâmi' 5/114)

(edited 9 years ago)
It's just that like, if I wanted to be part of a faith or something, I'd go to them and express my interest. I don't want to hear it day in day out when I want no part of it.

Try to tell them that, i am sure they will leave you after that i guess.
Reply 15
It is the same with how many people do not like Jehovah's Witness. They are worse to be honest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh god the posts here just make me laugh. I have not met a single muslim that has tried to convert me. Its not that I have met a lot but even the ones I know go about minding their own business. So, if you meet people who try to convert you then ask them to get a life.
Original post by Rosie786
It is the same with how many people do not like Jehovah's Witness. They try to do the same as well to be honest.

they tried to get inside my flat because I was too ill to tell them to go away in a more aggressive manner. they're horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by donutaud15
they tried to get inside my flat because I was too ill to tell them to go away in a more aggressive manner. they're horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOL what did you do then?
Original post by Rosie786
LOOL what did you do then?

used all my strength to slam my door lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest