The Student Room Group

Most Atheists seem arrogant and angry

Most Atheists seem arrogant, and angry most of the time, has anyone else noticed this?

I know people will say and religious people seem deluded etc etc, and yes many are...

but i'm making a serious comment here, has anyone noticed most atheists seem angry and arrogant?

Scroll to see replies

No, the majority of atheists I've come across are not arrogant and angry most of the time.
You realise that you're talking about over 50% of the world?
Yes, I'm sure that most of those billions of people are arrogant and angry all the time, not a generalisation at all :rolleyes:
No the atheists I know are not angry all the time, really quite lovely :smile:
You're generalising

EDIT: I'm not an atheist
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Especially the "pro" internet atheists :lol:
Reply 6
I wouldn't say 'most' atheist are arrogant and angry. Yeah you will get some that are and some that aren't. I think its very immature to generalise and say most are like that just because you have met a few.

That would be like me since I'm an atheist saying "most Christians are in your face trying to convert you and slam you to hell if you say you're an atheist!". Yeah I've met one or 2 like that but the majority of Christians I have met don't give a crap if someone is an atheist and just keep their opinions to themselves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the Internet they can come across that way, I see where you're coming from OP.
Original post by charlottejyp
You're generalising

He said most, nothing wrong with generalising, it's overgeneralising that's irrational.
He's 'generalising', Then why don't you atheists stop 'generalising' all theists as deluded. It could be something extremely personal like a murdered member in the family. The crimal has never been found, which in this case many will believe in God. For the ultimate justice. There are many key reasons why believe in God.
Original post by thechemistress
You realise that you're talking about over 50% of the world?
Yes, I'm sure that most of those billions of people are arrogant and angry all the time, not a generalisation at all :rolleyes:

Nowhere near that, athiest make up like 2 - 15% of the world population by most estimates.
It probably has something to do with how you find out whether someone is an atheist, OP. If you were to start a debate on religious belief or lack thereof by insulting atheists, then naturally you would find them "arrogant and angry" :lol:

Have to say though. As an atheist, what I believe or don't believe generally doesn't impact my day, that's the point.
Original post by Jibola240
Nowhere near that, athiest make up like 2 - 15% of the world population by most estimates.

Wow, really? I would have assumed it would be more. Why are there so many thesists? D:
Original post by thechemistress
Wow, really? I would have assumed it would be more. Why are there so many thesists? D:

Because so much of the world is uneducated
Original post by Jibola240
He said most, nothing wrong with generalising, it's overgeneralising that's irrational.

Just seems very broad to say 'most' but fair enough.

Original post by ashraf549
He's 'generalising', Then why don't you atheists stop 'generalising' all theists as deluded. It could be something extremely personal like a murdered member in the family. The crimal has never been found, which in this case many will believe in God. For the ultimate justice. There are many key reasons why believe in God.

If this is aimed at me I'm not an atheist and definitely do not 'generalise' that all theists are deluded.
Reply 15
In real life: Not so much

On the internet: LOL YES. It's where the neckbeards come out to play after all
how do we seem arrogant? by making perfectly valid criticisms towards religions? is that arrogance if we happen to be perfectly rational in those criticisms? what constitutes arrogance? being wrong or being right? or both? and in what conditions?
Reply 17
The atheists who actually care about religion are the angry ones. The massive percentage of people who just accept you for who you are don't really care, they just get annoyed, and I'd imagine it's human nature, when someone comes up to you and tries to force their faith on you because they're 100% sure that their religion is the "right one for you". As I see it, there are two types of people, the couldn't care less people and the anal about everything people. They can be both religious and non-religious, Atheist or Christian. Some Atheists are going to be more anal about their way of thinking just like any Muslim, Christian etc. The reason why people think Christians are forcing their faith on you the entire time is because of the Christians which actually do that. There is probably a large proportion of people who would call themselves Christian but don't shout about the bible all day or even go to Church at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kumon
Most Atheists seem arrogant, and angry most of the time, has anyone else noticed this?

I know people will say and religious people seem deluded etc etc, and yes many are...

but i'm making a serious comment here, has anyone noticed most atheists seem angry and arrogant?

FWIW, the most angry and arrogant person I have ever met was my old parish priest.

He was not a good advertisement for his faith.
That is because they have to put up with people who believe rather trivial ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest