The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by Lcar
Firmed UoM for Politics and IR. Any soon-to-be classmate here?
Accommodation preferences: Hulme Hall, Dalton Ellis, St. Anselm. (I'm not sure about the order.)

Firmed the same course, starting in September!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1401
Anyone doing Speech and Language Therapy? :smile:
Reply 1402
Original post by lahlah
Hey everyone. Am new here but have firmed MU for the speech and language therapy course

Hi :smile:
I have a place at MU for this year :smile:.
Trying to find others that have applied is hard!!
Reply 1403
Original post by Loisss
Hi :smile:
I have a place at MU for this year :smile:.
Trying to find others that have applied is hard!!

Hey, congrats . There are a few of us for UOM speech therapy 2014 entry, on the group. Follow this link http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2655067&p=47278002
Applying for student finance - How do we know what month the course ends?
Reply 1405
Firmed for English Lit & American Studies- so worried about the grades though (AAB) especially as Eng Lit (and History kinda) can be so subjective and down to whether the examiner likes your writing style etc :s
Original post by LonelyPlanet
Going to firm Manchester for AAB.
Also stressed about meeting the requirements as I'm struggling to attain a B in maths :L

I need to make sure I get an A* in History and hope they accept A*AC or AAC :L rather than AAB :/

Thank God I found someone in the exact same situation as me! I'm applying for Philosophy and politics and my chances of getting a B in maths are shot to hell :L Even a strong C is looking unlikely but I'm hoping to get AAC which will be equivalent to ABB :crossedf:
Does anyone know how Manchester are with grade flexibility?
I'm not talking one grade below the offer, but more like : My offer is BBB but I'm aiming to get ABC?
Original post by SkAlley
Thank God I found someone in the exact same situation as me! I'm applying for Philosophy and politics and my chances of getting a B in maths are shot to hell :L Even a strong C is looking unlikely but I'm hoping to get AAC which will be equivalent to ABB :crossedf:

Oh yeah, I've read somewhere that grade "equilavents" are accepted by universities. Such as your situation.

BTW, where can I find a list of equivalent qualifications so I can identify what I need to achieve AAB or its equivalent? Thanks :smile:
Any MPharm students around? What have you guys chosen for accommodation?
Sorry, a little off topic but my student finance has just been approved, but I went on UoM website and I think I'm eligible for a bursary due to household income but it doesn't show up on my student finance application. Does anyone know if it should be there or is that separate?
Reply 1411
Original post by Sunny_Icefall
Sorry, a little off topic but my student finance has just been approved, but I went on UoM website and I think I'm eligible for a bursary due to household income but it doesn't show up on my student finance application. Does anyone know if it should be there or is that separate?

I'm pretty sure it's separate as the money is directly from the uni not throu student finance England .I'm eligible for the same bursary but it wasn't on my student finance either
Original post by AR_95
Does anyone know how Manchester are with grade flexibility?
I'm not talking one grade below the offer, but more like : My offer is BBB but I'm aiming to get ABC?

In that situation, you've missed your offer and they're quite within their rights to reject you, so it really is best just to get the specified grades.

Oh yeah, I've read somewhere that grade "equilavents" are accepted by universities. Such as your situation.

BTW, where can I find a list of equivalent qualifications so I can identify what I need to achieve AAB or its equivalent? Thanks :smile:

Unless you meet the entry requirements as they are set out on your UCAS offer then they can reject you - Manchester (like all other universities) is under no obligation to accept 'equivalent' sets of grades.

Original post by Sunny_Icefall

Not off topic at all! It is separate, and so long as you've ticked the little box on student finance that allows them to share your income with the university, then you'll get a letter in a few months time about it. The Manchester Bursary is guaranteed, so so long as you meet the criteria you'll definitely get it :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed sociology for September! Applied to Oak house in fallowfield for accommodation. I've heard it's not the nicest but definitely the most social, which is what I want! Where has everyone else applied for accomodation?
Thank you both for the help :smile:
accepted my unconditional for Sociology ^.^

CANNOT WAIT to start :smile:

Oh really, where did you hear that!? That's really good to know :smile:

Erm, I didn't find a list of equivalent grades, I kind of just worked it out using logic and UCAS points. In your case, getting that A* in History and C in Maths, which would leave you with A*AC, is basically the same as AAB right? They both add upto 340 points and I know Manchester doesn't work on points, but that's the way I.....'equalised' my grades :/

Overall, I'm sure you'll do fine :biggrin:
Original post by SkAlley
Oh really, where did you hear that!? That's really good to know :smile:

Erm, I didn't find a list of equivalent grades, I kind of just worked it out using logic and UCAS points. In your case, getting that A* in History and C in Maths, which would leave you with A*AC, is basically the same as AAB right? They both add upto 340 points and I know Manchester doesn't work on points, but that's the way I.....'equalised' my grades :/

Overall, I'm sure you'll do fine :biggrin:

In that situation, you have technically missed your offer I'm afraid, and Manchester is under no obligation to take you. They can choose to take you, but it's really not something to bank on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laurencinnamon
Firmed sociology for September! Applied to Oak house in fallowfield for accommodation. I've heard it's not the nicest but definitely the most social, which is what I want! Where has everyone else applied for accomodation?

I've applied for Oak House too!
I've firmed Manchester for Chemical Engineering :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SkAlley
This sounds so mean, but it's really reassuring to know others are in the same boat :colondollar: Mine start on the 14th May and I haven't done nowhere near as much revision as I should have! Wbu?

Mine start on the 14th too! a.k.a 11 days :frown: Freaking out.

Hopefully we'll cope x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending