The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by arcticcmonkeys
So do I! I haven't even revised much for history yet, I feel like I need to focus on maths.. so much pressure for everything :frown: Yeah I like paper 2! I got 28/30 in the prelim so I hope I can pull that off again haha, what grade are you predicted/wanting for history? :smile:

I haven't either, I got help today from my teacher for two hours and I've only completed one past paper for maths... I started revising late and I'm trying to tackle my subjects one at a time as all my exams will be over on the 16th and I literally have like 4 day gaps between them all except with maths and history. I'm predicted an A and that's what I want although I doubt it'll help me too much for uni haha :smile:
Original post by clannem
I haven't either, I got help today from my teacher for two hours and I've only completed one past paper for maths... I started revising late and I'm trying to tackle my subjects one at a time as all my exams will be over on the 16th and I literally have like 4 day gaps between them all except with maths and history. I'm predicted an A and that's what I want although I doubt it'll help me too much for uni haha :smile:

I'm the exact same - though mines finish on the 15th. I've done quite a lot of maths but I never improve, I literally always hit the 69/70% mark, and miss the extra 2% needed for an A :frown: That's great! I'm the same as you, I want an A even though I don't necessarily need it :smile: What other subjects do you do?
Reply 42
I'm the exact same - though mines finish on the 15th. I've done quite a lot of maths but I never improve, I literally always hit the 69/70% mark, and miss the extra 2% needed for an A :frown: That's great! I'm the same as you, I want an A even though I don't necessarily need it :smile: What other subjects do you do?

I'm so bad at maths I always get either 48% or 58%, never higher and never lower :frown: Hopefully in the exam things will turn out well and you'll get 71% :smile: I take biology and chemistry as well, what about you?
Original post by clannem
I'm so bad at maths I always get either 48% or 58%, never higher and never lower :frown: Hopefully in the exam things will turn out well and you'll get 71% :smile: I take biology and chemistry as well, what about you?

Maths is just one of those really tough subjects though, it's been what I've struggled with the most this year :frown: Yeah, hopefully we'll get reasonably good questions! How do you find chemistry? I was thinking about crashing it next year but my friends all find it ridiculously difficult... English, drama and music are my other 3 :smile:
Reply 44
Maths is just one of those really tough subjects though, it's been what I've struggled with the most this year :frown: Yeah, hopefully we'll get reasonably good questions! How do you find chemistry? I was thinking about crashing it next year but my friends all find it ridiculously difficult... English, drama and music are my other 3 :smile:

Yeah, it's my worst :frown: I'll definitely get a C though so I'm not worrying too much. I love higher chemistry! I took it in SG and I hated it and failed all my prelims and got straight 1's without studying for the final exam? but in higher I actually know what I'm doing and I'm hoping for an A :biggrin: It's not too hard, it's fairly decent :smile: Oh, I forgot to mention I do English too! I'm thinking about crashing higher music too, is that advisable? I didn't do SG or anything but I'm a self-taught pianist? I might just drop it and take up a more challenging and academic subject to increase my university prospect though...
Original post by clannem
Yeah, it's my worst :frown: I'll definitely get a C though so I'm not worrying too much. I love higher chemistry! I took it in SG and I hated it and failed all my prelims and got straight 1's without studying for the final exam? but in higher I actually know what I'm doing and I'm hoping for an A :biggrin: It's not too hard, it's fairly decent :smile: Oh, I forgot to mention I do English too! I'm thinking about crashing higher music too, is that advisable? I didn't do SG or anything but I'm a self-taught pianist? I might just drop it and take up a more challenging and academic subject to increase my university prospect though...

A C at higher is amazing! Aww that's great, I'm sure you'll get it :smile: I might crash it then! I think you should definitely do music (mainly because I love it haha) it's great! 60% is practical, it's pretty nerve wracking being assessed by an examiner, but if you put in a good performance you can pass the course without sitting the listening exam! It's ultimately your decision, but music is great - my favourite subject by far this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
A C at higher is amazing! Aww that's great, I'm sure you'll get it :smile: I might crash it then! I think you should definitely do music (mainly because I love it haha) it's great! 60% is practical, it's pretty nerve wracking being assessed by an examiner, but if you put in a good performance you can pass the course without sitting the listening exam! It's ultimately your decision, but music is great - my favourite subject by far this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so! What other instrument should I take up considering I only play one?!I'm rather scared to perform in public, oh dear! I have the option of advance biology, higher music, higher philosophy and self studying higher physics and I'm torn between choosing. I guess music will be good subject considering the fact I'm taking 5 next year haha :smile:
Original post by clannem
I hope so! What other instrument should I take up considering I only play one?!I'm rather scared to perform in public, oh dear! I have the option of advance biology, higher music, higher philosophy and self studying higher physics and I'm torn between choosing. I guess music will be good subject considering the fact I'm taking 5 next year haha :smile:

You don't need to put too much pressure on yourself to learn a new instrument! You could choose voice? Or glockenspiel, haha - easy way to get an A :biggrin: music will be a more laid back subject, as long as you get your head around the listening part you'll be fine! Aww really? I can't even remember how many I'm choosing haha! I think it was 4 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
You don't need to put too much pressure on yourself to learn a new instrument! You could choose voice? Or glockenspiel, haha - easy way to get an A :biggrin: music will be a more laid back subject, as long as you get your head around the listening part you'll be fine! Aww really? I can't even remember how many I'm choosing haha! I think it was 4 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd probably choose glockenspiel, my voice would guarantee a fail haha! Yeah, I'm taking ADV English, Adv chemistry, higher art (made a deal with the teacher in S3...) and a OU course on molecule, medicine and drugs so music should be more laid back as the other subjects will have so much work! But thanks for the advice!
I am so tempted to just study women and the vote for Britain I hate all the other topics in Britain but obviously I'll study another three topics just to be on the safe side 😒😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm learning four for Britain ("How" democracy, "Why" democracy, women and "why" liberals) but hope I get either women or "how" democracy.

For Germany, I really hope either Rise of the Nazis or Obstacles to unification comes up, but there's a rumour that there's no Nazi questions in the paper this year :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always get how and why democracy question mix up 😔 but there's so much to revise for for history I am planning on just recording and listening to my notes can't think of any other way to memorise it apart from rehearsing and repeating the notes which I get bored of so easily

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
I'm revising liberal successes, votes for women and the labour government for the British unit. For the German unit I'm revising the factors leading towards German national consciousness, Bismarck and unification and Nazi maintenance. I have a feeling Bismarck and unification will come up since it has never appeared, who knows?
Reply 53
Also can someone help me the political factors regarding towards the growth of German nationalism... I have no idea what they are :'(
Reply 54
To all you Paper 2 geniuses out there, I'm wondering if you can help me.

I'm confused with the allocation of marks for the 10 markers. What will get me full marks?

4 source points
4 points of contextualizing recall to back up source points
2 points of total recall

4 source points
7 points of total recall

4 source points
7 points of total recall
Reply 55
Original post by Y2J97
To all you Paper 2 geniuses out there, I'm wondering if you can help me.

I'm confused with the allocation of marks for the 10 markers. What will get me full marks?

4 source points
2 points of total recall

4 source points
7 points of total recall

4 source points
7 points of total recall

I'd say the middle option would be best way forward, it's what I do and I get 10/10 every time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by clannem
I'd say the middle option would be best way forward, it's what I do and I get 10/10 every time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that's the way I was taught but I saw other people do it differently and wasn't sure.
My teacher says there is a very high chance of women and liberal reforms for Britain. The Growth of German Nationalism, obstacles to German unification and Nazis
Reply 58
Original post by Ami_
Also can someone help me the political factors regarding towards the growth of German nationalism... I have no idea what they are :'(

Anybody...
Original post by Ami_
Anybody...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always struggle with political nationalism. I thinks it's basically the 1848 Revolutions. Although they were largely unsuccessful - due to the lack of clear aims and disagreements among the revolutionaries - they brought the idea of unification to the mass public...

Latest