The Student Room Group

Ks3 science

Jack said that the ball could be dropped using an electromagnet
instead of dropping it by hand.
Explain why this would improve the investigation.

I need help i cant find a ks3 2010 science mark scheme
Original post by crosbycasey56
Jack said that the ball could be dropped using an electromagnet
instead of dropping it by hand.
Explain why this would improve the investigation.

I need help i cant find a ks3 2010 science mark scheme

What do you want to know?

a) What the answer should be? (We don't have the full information for that unless you post the ful question.)

b) What the mark scheme says?
Original post by uberteknik
What do you want to know?

a) What the answer should be? (We don't have the full information for that unless you post the ful question.)

b) What the mark scheme says?

what the mark scheme says
what the mark scheme says

Can you briefly describe the experiment? Are you measuring height and time?

Are you using light gates?

What do you think the answer to the hand vs electromagnet question is?
i think the answer is less chance of human error
i think the answer is less chance of human error
Why?
Need to be more specific
because using electromagnet throws it at high speed
because using electromagnet throws it at high speed
The electromagnet is holding the ball in place. When the magnet is turned off, the ball will fall under gravitational force.

a) The height of the ball can be measured more accurately and is consistent because the electromgnet can be fixed in position and not dependent on estimation of hand height or variations in the size of different experimeters hands.

b) The electromagnet releases the ball in a controlled and repeatable manner and because it is mechanical, is not dependent on how different operators might release the ball.
Original post by uberteknik
The electromagnet is holding the ball in place. When the magnet is turned off, the ball will fall under gravitational force.

a) The height of the ball can be measured more accurately and is consistent because the electromgnet can be fixed in position and not dependent on estimation of hand height or variations in the size of different experimeters hands.

b) The electromagnet releases the ball in a controlled and repeatable manner and because it is mechanical, is not dependent on how different operators might release the ball.

thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest