The Student Room Group

Books you want made into films/TV series....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deshi
Saw the other day that the TV show is very likely to happen:

http://pagetopremiere.com/2013/07/sony-acquires-rights-to-michael-grants-thefayz-gone-series-to-adapt-for-tv/

This should be happening as well!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/new-regency-20th-century-fox-tv-to-adapt-kingkiller-chronicle-for-tv/

It's either going to be a very good or very ****, they could so easily ruin it as the story is very good, but what sets it apart is the writing (imo)

Yeah, I saw that they bought the rights, although that still doesn't mean we're going to get the TV show... Hopefully they'll be able to come up with a brilliant way to do it, so it can finally happen.
Reply 81

Wow yes! I hope it doesn't disappoint. SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO :colone:
Reply 82
Bit disappointed that more fantasy isn't being adapted after the success of GoT, unless I;ve missed it.

The only one that is definitely coming out is the Outlander series and from a quick look it's predominantly a romance :sigh:

Saw the trailer for The Maze Runner the other day, the Glade is exactly how I pictured it when I read it which is always nice. Shame the following books are dead average.
Reply 83
The kingkiller chronicles would be amazing. However, I think they'd have to change it up a lot to keep the interest going. It would be way too long and dry if they adapted it closely.
I think The Broken Empire trilogy would be great as films.
I'd love these books to be made into films - www.thechroniclesofhope.com. They feature a working class genius politician who i could see played by Stephen McGann!
Id like the books by mike pannett should be made into a tv series
Reply 86
Original post by Alix23
The kingkiller chronicles would be amazing. However, I think they'd have to change it up a lot to keep the interest going. It would be way too long and dry if they adapted it closely.
I think The Broken Empire trilogy would be great as films.

The more I thought about this one the more I agree. The story is great and keeps you immersed with loads of mysteries and the like but a major part of that is down to Rothfuss's writing, it's not someone you can put across well on TV. Non-book readers probably wouldn't appreciate it as it would be a bit drab compared to something like GoT, even though the plot is just as interesting in my opinion.
Reply 87
GONE series by Michael Grant (TOP FAVOURITE BOOKS IN THE WORLD! To me anyway. :P) and these series I heard might come out as a TV series, BZRK by Michael Grant which I heard will be coming out as a movie around 2016 time, Pig Heart Boy by Malorie Blackman and I don't know if that's already a movie or not but it's a lovely book anyway, To Kill A Mockingjay is a book that has already come out as a movie in 1962 but I want a modern version of it, Lord of the Flies by William Golding is also another book I want for it to come out in movie as a modern version of it (since two movies of it already came out back in the 20th century), The Medusa Project Series are also amazing books, Kiss of Death is also a really good book which I know was already adapted into film but I want it in modern version again! Dang, so many others that I want to list. :P But that's the basics of it. :biggrin:
The House of Night series and I want a better Beautiful Creatures movie :smile:
Reply 89
Would love to see Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events as an extended series for television. It would be pretty epic.
Original post by Americandream
Gallagher girls, though I can't see how the first 2 books would be made into a film so they would just have to skip to books 3,4 and 5!

Also the trylle trilogy.

And poison studies.

Heist society would be great to do as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's going to be a movie about the trylle trilogy :biggrin: Amanda Hocking posted it on her blog. And I agree, it's a great idea.
Original post by Stinkum
Would love to see Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events as an extended series for television. It would be pretty epic.

Same, or at least another movie for the rest of the books. The film only covered the events of the first three books, didn't it? I'd actually like to see a movie for every book in the series. I remember reading that series when I was in primary school with my best friend :smile: I should really re-read it sometime.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to see all, or at least most of Amanda Hocking's books made into films or TV series. Although the My Blood Approves quartet might not be such a good idea, because people might complain that it's too much like Twilight. But I already know that there's going to be a Trylle movie, and I'd love to see a film or at least a TV series about the Watersong quartet. Also, it's probably never going to happen, but I'd like to see Skulduggery Pleasant as a film. Same with The Twice Lived Summer of Bluebell Jones actually, but that would probably be more likely to become a miniseries.
Reply 93
Original post by Converse&Roses
Same, or at least another movie for the rest of the books. The film only covered the events of the first three books, didn't it? I'd actually like to see a movie for every book in the series. I remember reading that series when I was in primary school with my best friend :smile: I should really re-read it sometime.

Yes the film only covered the first few books. I thought the film was quite nice really, Jim Carrey was perfect to play Olaf and it was just great how they brought the books to life, I really liked and appreciated that. But for me, it wasn't enough, I wanted more! I'm quite a big fan, read the series in secondary school and have recently to re-read it, slightly embarrassed to admit (reading The Carnivorous Carnival right now). Even 7 years later, I still find the story great, love the books.

I know it won't happen, but I would have loved to see more films, or even a full series. The books just lend themselves to that sort of thing, that's how I feel. Would be amazing to see all the books brought to life, whether it's in film form or a TV series.

And yes, you should definitely go ahead and re-read the series, it's just as good and plenty of fun the second time around!
The medusa project by sophie mackenzie and also the Flynn series by sophie mackenzie

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alix23
The rest of the Narnia series. Because of Disney, a 4th film can't be made until the end of this year, by which time the cast of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be too old. They're going back to do the Magicians Nephew next, then probably The Horse and His Boy. It's unlikely the series will ever be finished.

Yay! A new Narnia film is going to be made? :biggrin: I don't mind the end of this year, its going to fly past :tongue: I cannot wait! But the Lucy and Edmund aren't going to be there anymore :frown: They said they weren't going to return?
Original post by Stinkum

Yes, that would be brilliant! :biggrin:
Well I know two:

Tamar by Mal Peet. It's really good! follows two stories - back in the 1930's where two friends who are radio operators have landed in invaded Germany and can't be spotted. The second story is in the present where a teenage girl tries to find out the coded messages given to her by her grandfather who has died. The twist at the end took me by surprise - really good book! :yep:

I really wish they would make the sequel to The Golden Compass (The Northern Lights book) which is The Subtle Knife. Sadly that won't happen now but it would be amazing if they continued... :sad:

also another Book would be Dodger by Terry Pratchett! Another good book!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 98
Noughts and crosses!
The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness! They are so perfect for the big screen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending