The Student Room Group

Aqa psyb1 and psyb2 summer 2014 exam help/questions

Hey,

Does anyone have any idea of what might come up in this summer's psychology unit 1 and 2 exams (spec B)? I have been told by my teacher that the approaches section may include an essay on the biological approach as this hasn't come up in a while.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Abbie xo

Scroll to see replies

Yeah i've heard that the biological approach will come up :frown:
Chloe xx
Hey,

Yeah i think a lot of people have been told this so better get revising it! Hope it doesn't though as I find it the most difficult approach to get my head around!:angry:

Abbie xo
In the biological approach do we talk about bio-psychology too?
Original post by iknowyouknow

You can talk about anything biology related I think. You can bring in structures of the brain as well, as long as you link it back to the question :-)
Original post by silverling
You can talk about anything biology related I think. You can bring in structures of the brain as well, as long as you link it back to the question :-)

What would be involved in brain structures?
What would be involved in brain structures?

Different areas of the brain i.e. frontal lobe, temporal lobe, occipital lobe, parietal lobe, the somatosensory cortex, Broca's area, Wernicke's area and their functions. Then you could use Broca's (case?) study of the guy named Tan who the only word he could clearly say was the word 'tan' due to a lesion in the frontal lobe which caused impaired speech production or something along those lines :-)

Obviously you can also mention other factors like hormones and chromosomes, Turner's/Klinefelter's syndrome, evolution etc just as long as you link clearly back to the question
Original post by abbielouise0611
Hey,

Does anyone have any idea of what might come up in this summer's psychology unit 1 and 2 exams (spec B)? I have been told by my teacher that the approaches section may include an essay on the biological approach as this hasn't come up in a while.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Abbie xo

I think the behaviourist approach may come up as well, but that's just my opinion. The only time it came up was in the very first exam on the AQA website - Jan or June 2011 I think. As for gender, my teacher seems to think cognitive might come up which is somewhat good because we can talk about both Kohlberg and gender schema :-)

I wouldn't, I don't think there would be enough time to do this! :smile:
I think the behaviourist approach may come up as well, but that's just my opinion. The only time it came up was in the very first exam on the AQA website - Jan or June 2011 I think. As for gender, my teacher seems to think cognitive might come up which is somewhat good because we can talk about both Kohlberg and gender schema :-)

I was discussing approaches with my tutor and we both think it's either going to be Biological or Social Learning Theory.
SLT has come up since 2011 but biological hasn't so arghh!
Original post by xxhannahlouisexx
I was discussing approaches with my tutor and we both think it's either going to be Biological or Social Learning Theory.
SLT has come up since 2011 but biological hasn't so arghh!

I'll make sure I'll revise SLT properly then!

I've hardly revised anything for PSYB2 - all my exams are so close together I have no time to do anything! :frown:
I'll make sure I'll revise SLT properly then!

I've hardly revised anything for PSYB2 - all my exams are so close together I have no time to do anything! :frown:

Same here! D:
We had a mock in psyb2 last week so I know a bit but I deffo need to know more D:
They are close together which is a huge pain :frown:
Same here! D:
We had a mock in psyb2 last week so I know a bit but I deffo need to know more D:
They are close together which is a huge pain :frown:

I just don't understand how both teachers and exam boards are expecting us to do really well in everything when there are no jan exams, exams are getting harder and grade boundaries are going up!?
I just don't understand how both teachers and exam boards are expecting us to do really well in everything when there are no jan exams, exams are getting harder and grade boundaries are going up!?

Exactly! :frown: My teacher's all like "It's a good thing because you can use what you've learnt from psyb2 and apply it in psyb1" it's the same thing as what my business teacher said too!
I hate the fact there's no January exams :frown: exams would have been 10x more bearable D: But I think we'll be okay! It just makes us smarter :P!
Exactly! :frown: My teacher's all like "It's a good thing because you can use what you've learnt from psyb2 and apply it in psyb1" it's the same thing as what my business teacher said too!
I hate the fact there's no January exams :frown: exams would have been 10x more bearable D: But I think we'll be okay! It just makes us smarter :P!

Same! It's just stressful haha. I would have preferred having January exams 100%. It would have acted as a wakeup call as well since it only hit me about two weeks ago how much work I have to do
Same! It's just stressful haha. I would have preferred having January exams 100%. It would have acted as a wakeup call as well since it only hit me about two weeks ago how much work I have to do

It hit me when my teacher was like "Oh, you have a mock"
I started to panic then xD It's alright, I just need a little more preparation for psyb1 and a little more for psyb2! I need to work harder on my business studies though, I always procrastinate!:frown: I'd of preferred January exams too, 100% :frown: That's life though -.-
It hit me when my teacher was like "Oh, you have a mock"
I started to panic then xD It's alright, I just need a little more preparation for psyb1 and a little more for psyb2! I need to work harder on my business studies though, I always procrastinate!:frown: I'd of preferred January exams too, 100% :frown: That's life though -.-

Well life sucks :frown:
Well life sucks :frown:

I will cry if these results are terrible in August D:
Life does suck </3
Reply 18
if it ends up being biological app., just babble on about the effect of genes, twin studies, genotype and phenotype, PKU disease, darwin evolution with natural selection and how aggression is passed through generations, research methods used and maybe a bit about biopsych. but not tooooo much
Reply 19
What does everyone think will come up on the explanation of gender approaches, I have a feeling it will be kohlbergs theory and gender schema, also any ideas for psyb2?

Quick Reply

Latest