The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

agree, really should have started Sanogo this game
Oh Giroud you sleazy bastard I love you! Lets compare our hair and muscles in the changing rooms!
Original post by Peggles_*
Why is it hating to acknowledge the fact that Giroud isn't good enough to lead our line for a sustained title and CL challenge? It's true.

He's the type of guy who plays well when the team plays well. I think he has been settling in England and has improved.

I criticized him but he's definitely a good player. After Chelsea making the same mistake with Sturridge and now with Demba Ba. I believe the saying you never know what you got until it's gone.

If Atlético got Giroud, don't be surprised if he's scoring a goal a game.
Reply 2183
Giroud is not a problem. He's not the solution either.
Original post by 419
Not when you lot finish 10 points ahead of us.

If Man City/Liverpool/Arsenal win their last 2 games, it will be 86/86/79 points which is only 7 points.

Last season you were 16 points off the winners.
Year before it was 19 points.

Surely that's progress?
I've criticised Giroud, but fair play he's got more than 20 goals this season I guess.
l'equipped!

Can't believe people were doubting Ozil seeing his performance today and on Monday. Absolute class, he just had a slump of form and had been overplayed before his injury clearly.

Same goes for the people doubting Wilshere, he will show his class eventually. He's just having a little bit of a down period due to injuries, being played out of position and no length of runs in the team at his preferred position in midfield [he is not a defensive midfielder which is what we've pretty much deployed him as this season]. For me the only fear in regards to Wilshere is that him and Ramsey cannot play in the same team as it makes the midfield unbalanced. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Cannot believe how fickle some fans are.

Still having said that I've had enough for mugroud. Absolute clown against the big teams, no pace, no good hold up. Definitely not good enough to be as a starting striker for us.
(edited 9 years ago)
Aguero, Sturridge and Suarez are the only strikers better than Giroud in the premier league.
Original post by jam277
He's the type of guy who plays well when the team plays well. I think he has been settling in England and has improved.

I criticized him but he's definitely a good player. After Chelsea making the same mistake with Sturridge and now with Demba Ba. I believe the saying you never know what you got until it's gone.

If Atlético got Giroud, don't be surprised if he's scoring a goal a game.

Giroud would be a quality back up striker, but to really kick on we need a striker of a better quality and some pace about them.

That's the Spanish league though, you could sign for Atleti and have a decent record! :lol:
im glad artetas actually doing his job from time to time recently.
Original post by Peggles_*
Why is it hating to acknowledge the fact that Giroud isn't good enough to lead our line for a sustained title and CL challenge? It's true.

It's not Giroud's fault he's the only striker at Arsenal. You're meant to support the team and the players no matter what, not bitch and moan whenever they make a mistake or miss a chance. We all know Giroud isn't World Class but he's done great over the last two seasons to highlight he was a good signing for us.

Giroud is just a scapegoat for fickle arsenal fans who know nothing about football. Just like it was Ramsey last year.
Original post by Kruz
I've criticised Giroud, but fair play he's got more than 20 goals this season I guess.

He was always going to improve from last season, he had all the pressure of being RVPs replacement and was adjusting to a new league, and 17 goals in all comps wasn't a bad return, he's got 22 now, lets hope he can get 25 this time round.
Original post by sevchenko
Giroud once again proves the haters wrong. What's that 22 for the season now

Scores a goal against westbrom when the season is over is proving the haters wrong?

You really do love this guy for some reason.

seems gob shyte to me.
He is not the guy to lead our line, but he is definitely the 'face' of the team! Hot hot hot.
In my opinion, a fit Abou Diaby will resolve our current DM problems. However, its probs worth getting Song back from benchwarming in Barca, and whilst we're at it it might be worth picking up Vela for a cheeky 3.5mil. Gooners reunite.

Shopping List:

. Vela (bargain of the decade)
. Song/Bender (i'd prefer Alex back)
. Griezmann (not too bothered about this tbh, only if Podo goes)
. Benzema/Costa/Martinez/Mandzukic (would personally like Martinez or Mandzukic)

= CL semis, top 2 in PL, and a domestic final at the very least. Things are looking up.
Original post by yaboy notophags
Scores a goal against westbrom when the season is over is proving the haters wrong?

You really do love this guy for some reason.

seems gob shyte to me.

A goal is a goal, I don't care who it's a against. He's been proving the haters wrong all season mate.

I love all arsenal Players. I support the team no matter. It's not my fault have have an unconditional love for this team
(edited 9 years ago)
If we don't get a quality striker with pace in the off season, kiss goodbye to any ambitions our club has.

Seriously pissing me off how there's £150m sitting in the bank and no one has bothered to utilise in the winter to get a bloody striker.
Original post by sevchenko
It's not Giroud's fault he's the only striker at Arsenal. You're meant to support the team and the players no matter what, not bitch and moan whenever they make a mistake or miss a chance. We all know Giroud isn't World Class but he's done great over the last two seasons to highlight he was a good signing for us.

Giroud is just a scapegoat for fickle arsenal fans who know nothing about football. Just like it was Ramsey last year.

I didn't say he was a bad player, I just said he's not good enough to be our main striker for a sustained title and CL challenge and most gooners would agree with that, that's why we want a top quality striker in the summer ffs.

If you want Giroud as our main strike next season then be my guest but don't be upset when we finish 4th again.
People don't understand that Diaby is not a DM, he is very much in the box to box mould.

Latest