The Student Room Group

Denmark has banned Halal and Kosher slaughter

Denmark has banned Halal and Kosher slaughter as minister says "animal rights come before religion" Do you agree with this? What are your views on this?

Scroll to see replies

Is that true? Good on them :h: Animals should come first :yes:
Yeah, I agree with that.
Death at the hands of halal slaughter pales in comparison to the horrors of life at the hands of western intensive farming practice. It seems contradictory that snapping a piglet's teeth off with pliers and no anaesthetic is perfectly legal and not a concern of "animal rights" yet cutting it's throat to kill it is illegal
Reply 4
Original post by Maid Marian
Is that true? Good on them :h: Animals should come first :yes:

I believe so, I read it this morning :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by michaelhaych
Death at the hands of halal slaughter pales in comparison to the horrors of life at the hands of western intensive farming practice. It seems contradictory that snapping a piglet's teeth off with pliers and no anaesthetic is perfectly legal and not a concern of "animal rights" yet cutting it's throat to kill it is illegal

And do you have any proof to suggest they are either not conforming to animal cruelty laws, or not reforming practises at the same time as introducing this new law?
Good.

Religious sensitivities are no excuse for not applying the law fairly across all sectors of society.
Reply 7
Yes animal rights come up.

Did they ban killing animals?
Original post by abbalarr95
Denmark has banned Halal and Kosher slaughter as minister says "animal rights come before religion" Do you agree with this? What are your views on this?

I think Halal and Kosher is entirely unecessarry and a bit primitive so im wiling to agree
Reply 9
Wonderful.
Original post by Drewski
And do you have any proof to suggest they are either not conforming to animal cruelty laws, or not reforming practises at the same time as introducing this new law?

There are no plans to completely overhaul or abolish factory farming in Denmark or any other nation for that matter, it is a process that's essential for supporting the population. The issue is not whether teeth clipping or other practises conform with animal cruelty laws, it doesn't need to be written into law that it is cruel, one can gauge that easily for themselves.
Damn, well done to them. I would've expected them to have banned all pork and meat not vetted as kosher or halal, but damn. They actually took control of their country rather than let abroad take control.
Reply 12
Disagree.

I agree; I've even heard of non-Muslims and non-Jews only eating halal and kosher meat because they support animal rights.
Reply 14
lmao if they care about animals then why the hell are they even eating meat.
There are no plans to completely overhaul or abolish factory farming in Denmark or any other nation for that matter, it is a process that's essential for supporting the population. The issue is not whether teeth clipping or other practises conform with animal cruelty laws, it doesn't need to be written into law that it is cruel, one can gauge that easily for themselves.

There have been numerous reports on Countryfile about UK farms having to go to great lengths to pass EU laws on animal care, laws that apply to everyone in the EU.
Reply 16
You can tell who the morons are in this thread; the people who are saying its a great move, and animal rights come first.

How can you call this a animal rights move, but its still legal to kill millions of animals.

Am I allowed the kill humans as long as its pain free?
Original post by Drewski
There have been numerous reports on Countryfile about UK farms having to go to great lengths to pass EU laws on animal care, laws that apply to everyone in the EU.

If you don't like being in the EU then vote UKIP.
Original post by Naomi_91
You can tell who the morons are in this thread; the people who are saying its a great move, and animal rights come first.

How can you call this a animal rights move, but its still legal to kill millions of animals.

Because we're all not morons as we understand that humans require meat* in their diet and that it is perfectly reasonable and sensible to have and keep animals for the purpose of food, as long as those animals are kept humanely and are not subjected to pain in their life.

*'Require meat' may be an exaggeration and over simplification, but 'require the nutrients, minerals and vitamins from meat' is not.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 391iady
If you don't like being in the EU then vote UKIP.

How the hell did you get that from what I'd written?! Do you just reply to any post with "EU" in it and assume it's negative?

Learn to read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending