The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Exedcel B - Revision?!

Hello! As we all should probably know, the first exam is on the 13th May which is in nine days :s-smilie:

How has everybody been preparing? I've pretty much just been focusing on Unit 1 as it is definitely my weak spot, I've been practising 6 mark questions until I can hit all 6 marks etc. Also, I've been wanting to find out - will grade boundaries be low as this spec is new?

My teacher is giving us one 2 mark, one four mark and one six mark for the first four topics of unit 1 and then 2 marks, 4 marks & an 8 mark for the last two topics. I know it won't be this much though, so how many six and eight marks does everyone think will come up?

Structure: What everyone thinks they'll get in geog. How they've been revising etc. :smile:
Reply 1
Yeah pretty well. My teacher is still deciding whether I'm going to do higher...

It's pretty much common sense and geography extract contents from biology and chemistry..
Reply 2
Yeah and Dynamic Planet, high A*, PATP A*, MGD A*, and you?
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yeah pretty well. My teacher is still deciding whether I'm going to do higher...

It's pretty much common sense and geography extract contents from biology and chemistry..

Shouldn't they have submitted that by now? I'm pretty sure she should have sent it by now!
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yeah and Dynamic Planet, high A*, PATP A*, MGD A*, and you?

I'm aiming for an A* overall too, though my teacher's said my ca is around an A. Have you guys finished unit 3 already? We still haven't done theme 6 so we're leaving it until after the unit 1 exam...
Reply 5
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Shouldn't they have submitted that by now? I'm pretty sure she should have sent it by now!

I'm not sure but she said I should see her on Tuesday:frown:. So are you saying i can't change tiers anymore or.. :z
Reply 6
I'm aiming for an A* overall too, though my teacher's said my ca is around an A. Have you guys finished unit 3 already? We still haven't done theme 6 so we're leaving it until after the unit 1 exam...

Yeah we've finished out CA. Do you mean MGD paper or CA?
Original post by JAIYEKO
I'm not sure but she said I should see her on Tuesday:frown:. So are you saying i can't change tiers anymore or.. :z

I'm not sure about your school, it might be entirely different but I do know my school submitted ours around a month ago because we also got our timetables ages ago! Don't worry if she asked you to see her though, it still could probably be changed :smile:
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yeah we've finished out CA. Do you mean MGD paper or CA?

Yeah I'm talking about MDG, have you done all the themes and stuff?
Reply 9
I'm not sure about your school, it might be entirely different but I do know my school submitted ours around a month ago because we also got our timetables ages ago! Don't worry if she asked you to see her though, it still could probably be changed :smile:

Yeah it is because my french teacher said you can change tier on the day it you change your mind (not directed at me). And they're both the same exam board.

The dynamic planet exam is the easiest IMO. What's yours
Reply 10
Yeah I'm talking about MDG, have you done all the themes and stuff?

Yeah we have. It's on the 5th of June so I'll give it a little bit of time to revise for it.
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yeah it is because my french teacher said you can change tier on the day it you change your mind (not directed at me). And they're both the same exam board.

The dynamic planet exam is the easiest IMO. What's yours

That's so cool, I didn't know that. May come in handy :wink:

And definitely PATP, unit 2 naturally comes easy to me because I remember loads of numbers.
Original post by JAIYEKO
Yeah we have. It's on the 5th of June so I'll give it a little bit of time to revise for it.

We haven't even finished theme 6 :eek:

and we'll have to finish it after unit 1 and before unit 2:unimpressed:
Reply 13
We haven't even finished theme 6 :eek:

and we'll have to finish it after unit 1 and before unit 2:unimpressed:

What two topics aren't you doing on the DP exam? Me, it's Rivers and Oceans
Original post by JAIYEKO
What two topics aren't you doing on the DP exam? Me, it's Rivers and Oceans

Rivers & Extreme Environments :smile:
Reply 15
Rivers & Extreme Environments :smile:

Fancy asking each other questions as exam practice
Original post by JAIYEKO
Fancy asking each other questions as exam practice

Definitely. DM me when you have time. I'm doing a 'geography' revision day on Tuesday so I'll send you a ton then :smile: And then I'll mark them for you because I have mark schemes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending