The Student Room Group

Told my girlfriend I love her!?

Anon please, I know people on her

I feel like an idiot but know I probably shouldn't. Basically today I told my girlfriend "what would you say if I told you I loved you" to which she replied that's a bit quick...If I was going to say something like this I probably should have straight up told her but instead tried to play game when I knew all too well that she is not a very upfront person with her emotions. Shall I just say nothing now? Advice welcome. Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How long have you been together? That's not too bad though, at least you didn't come straight out with it. If you don't bring it up again, it'll probably be quickly forgotten.
Reply 2
Together for 4 months but known each other for several years.
You done goofed

Never be the first to say I love you
Aaaaah the Ted Mosby
Just don't bring it up and it should die down and it will be like it never happened :smile:
Awkward lol don't bring it up for another 4-6 months.
Just tell you you were joking and that you actually dislike her quite a lot. Go into detail about everything you dislike about her. She'll soon forget that you said you loved her.
Original post by Anonymous

I feel like an idiot but know I probably shouldn't. Basically today I told my girlfriend "what would you say if I told you I loved you" to which she replied that's a bit quick...If I was going to say something like this I probably should have straight up told her but instead tried to play game when I knew all too well that she is not a very upfront person with her emotions. Shall I just say nothing now? Advice welcome. Thanks.

4 months is kind of early but so what? Just don't backtrack massively and actively say that you don't love her...just leave it for a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by syrettd
How long have you been together? That's not too bad though, at least you didn't come straight out with it. If you don't bring it up again, it'll probably be quickly forgotten.

Nope, ignored perhaps but not forgetten
Reply 9
You said what you felt. Someone has to be first and take the risk. Don't worry, just show your love..
Original post by syrettd

Girls don't forget these things....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15
You done goofed

You would say this... :rolleyes:

You would never say I love you first?
You done goofed

That's a rather cowardly sentiment, in my opinion.
Original post by Anonymous

my boyfriend told me he loved me like straight away xD just say it if u mean it. i thought he said it early to me but i like him a lot so it's obviously not gonna bother me when he says it
Just use love has how much you like anything all the time.

"god i love bread......and that lamp, football, oh how i love football, remember when i said love you? oh i really do say love alot, i just love life, love it"
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
You would say this... :rolleyes:

You would never say I love you first?

Why's that Proddy?

No I wouldn't, unless I was 100% certain that she would say it back (and mean it).
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
That's a rather cowardly sentiment, in my opinion.

Nah it's alpha
(edited 9 years ago)
Why's that Proddy?

No I wouldn't, unless I was 100% certain that she would say it back (and mean it).

Thing is, if you're sure that it's love you're feeling and you can't hold it in, I don't see a problem with it. OP played it quite well though.
Original post by Midlander
Thing is, if you're sure that it's love you're feeling and you can't hold it in, I don't see a problem with it. OP played it quite well though.

Yeah but the problem arises if she doesn't feel the same way yet
Yeah but the problem arises if she doesn't feel the same way yet

Unless you're a mind reader there'll always be that uncertainty. But if your feelings are that strong then I don't see why you should be afraid of the other person not being quite there yet.

It takes a lot of courage to say it first and if they're worth it they'll understand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending