The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abbie :)
I'm thick with the first two topics, and done labour for my extended essay so I'm just focusing on the 2 liberals and women :smile:

That seems rather sensible, I might join you in doing so.
Reply 101
Hi is anyone doing appeasement and has quotes from historians? I didn't even know you were meant to include them but it would be really good if it would improve the argument mark! Some for Britain would be really good also. I'm doing issues 1, 3, 4 and 6 in both sections :smile:
What are you guys focusing on for Germany?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arcticcmonkeys

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand the Nazis so the other 4 for me, you?
Reply 104

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rise of Hilter and Growth of Nationalism
Reply 105
Original post by EllaGwenn
Which one is special topic 5? Is it Scotland and the impact of the Great War?

yeah that's the one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EatAndRevise
But the democracy topic came up last year, so I am not too confident that the SQA would put it in the year after..? But yes, the women's rights one is a point which I thought possible.

Democracy has actually come up for the past 5 years in a row, I'm not sure if that means it definitely will or will not be in this years paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rls123
yeah that's the one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay,

1. SCOTLAND IN 1914 (political, social & economic conditions and martial traditions)

2. SCOTS ON THE WESTERN FRONT (British Army in 1914, The BEF and TA, Pals battalions, trench warfare, The Battle of Loos, The Battle of the Somme)

3. THE HOME FRONT (recruitment and conscription, the changing role of women, dilution, the rent strikes of 1915, DORA, commemoration and remembrance)

4. SCOTLAND AT WORK AND AT WAR (impact on industry and economic, agriculture, rationing, post-war emigration, the land issue in the Highlands and Islands)

5. POLITICAL CHANGE (decline of the Liberals, rise of Labour, Conservatives, ILP, Red Clydeside, 1922 election)

6. SCOTLAND AFTER THE WAR (the significance of the Great War in the development of Scottish identity)

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Original post by EllaGwenn
Okay,

1. SCOTLAND IN 1914 (political, social & economic conditions and martial traditions)

2. SCOTS ON THE WESTERN FRONT (British Army in 1914, The BEF and TA, Pals battalions, trench warfare, The Battle of Loos, The Battle of the Somme)

3. THE HOME FRONT (recruitment and conscription, the changing role of women, dilution, the rent strikes of 1915, DORA, commemoration and remembrance)

4. SCOTLAND AT WORK AND AT WAR (impact on industry and economic, agriculture, rationing, post-war emigration, the land issue in the Highlands and Islands)

5. POLITICAL CHANGE (decline of the Liberals, rise of Labour, ILP, Red Clydeside, 1922 election)

6. SCOTLAND AFTER THE WAR (the significance of the Great War in the development of Scottish identity)

Hope that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh thank you so much! that really helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand the Nazis so the other 4 for me, you?

I'm more confident in the Nazis, so the rise of Hitler and the Nazis maintenance of power, I need to look over another which will probably be obstacles to unification :smile:
Does anybody have any rise of the nazis essays, or obstacles to unification. Would i be right to focus on women, liberals, and nationalism?
I'm more confident in the Nazis, so the rise of Hitler and the Nazis maintenance of power, I need to look over another which will probably be obstacles to unification :smile:

My teacher is pretty confident at least one nazi essay will be there if not two and the growth of nationalism essay
Original post by Y2J97
Rise of Hilter and Growth of Nationalism

I hope a question about the Nazis rise to power comes up!
Reply 113
does anyone have a really good 18+ essay on the Cuban missile crisis of 1962 that they could send me, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher is pretty confident at least one nazi essay will be there if not two and the growth of nationalism essay

That's good! My teacher said the same about the Nazis, and he's confident that women and a liberal reforms essay will come up for Britain
That's good! My teacher said the same about the Nazis, and he's confident that women and a liberal reforms essay will come up for Britain

Same page :biggrin:
Original post by AspiringMedic8
I'm learning four for Britain ("How" democracy, "Why" democracy, women and "why" liberals) but hope I get either women or "how" democracy.

For Germany, I really hope either Rise of the Nazis or Obstacles to unification comes up, but there's a rumour that there's no Nazi questions in the paper this year :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was worried about the Nazi questions not coming up this year too since its the last year :frown: .. the SQA are really cruel like that so I wouldn't be surprised. Although my teacher told us just to study the Nazi questions anyway because not many people in the class are strong with the other Germany topics and there has only ever been one year were a Nazi one didn't come up and apparently there was loads of complaints. I'm just gonna revise the Nazis anyway and cross my fingers :frown:
Original post by LCRMG
Yeah I was worried about the Nazi questions not coming up this year too since its the last year :frown: .. the SQA are really cruel like that so I wouldn't be surprised. Although my teacher told us just to study the Nazi questions anyway because not many people in the class are strong with the other Germany topics and there has only ever been one year were a Nazi one didn't come up and apparently there was loads of complaints. I'm just gonna revise the Nazis anyway and cross my fingers :frown:

Keep in mind SQA aren't cruel, they are selfish and they want success rates and A grades as it makes Scottish education system look good :smile: my teacher made the point that if they don't put in a Nazi essay then they are neglecting to test a big part of the course. Doesn't matter to me as I cant understand nazi stuff but it could benefit you if he's right
Reply 118
Is it possible to still get a high mark in your essay if you don't mention all factors in the main body but mention them in your conclusion? I'd try to mention everything in the main body but it was just in case of timing.
Reply 119
I hope Bismarck will come up, I do have a feeling it will since it has only appeared once

Latest

Trending

Trending