The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHOO
Is that conformed? That they'll go up 3%?

I can barely afford the current prices :frown:

Yeah, that's why there was a protest about it on Sunday.

The club don't care, they know they can sell tickets and would much rather Toshi from Japan or Tunde from Nigeria to take the seats because they would also send £100 in the Armoury and £50 on food.

Clubs don't want grumpy locals who won't even buy a programme, so they choose to price them out in order to maximise profits and it's happening at all the big clubs in England nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2381
Original post by Peggles_*

The club don't care, they know they can sell tickets and would much rather Toshi from Japan or Tunde from Nigeria to take the seats because they would also send £100 in the Armoury and £50 on food.

Clubs don't want grumpy locals who won't even buy a programme, so they choose to price them out in order to maximise profits and it's happening at all the big clubs in England nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For fuxk sakes. That pisses me off so much. You get an American mug tryna run our club like a ****ing business. Absolutely wrecked the club. Why was it even sold to him?

Me and my sister went to the Chelsea game, and the guy sitting infront of us actually had the audacity to tell us that we were "too loud", we were the only ones screaming our hearts out in that stand.

**** sakes

Just **** sakes

So frigging pisstaking

And there was a time where a guy asked me who our number 4 was :/

It's like, **** off

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is all because of Tyrones and Jamals that come to Arsenal then?
Reply 2383
Ooiiiiiii Wilshere got goal of the season

That goal vs Norwich
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bryan Roy
This is all because of Tyrones and Jamals that come to Arsenal then?

More the Mickey's and Bob's from cally innit.

But in all seriousness, the club don't care about the locals. You could argue that because Arsenal are based in affluent North London, that somewhat justifies the ticket prices, but when the vast majority of the fanbase is working class it just doesn't.

But Kroenke doesn't care and there isn't much we can do as fans.
Original post by SHOO
Ooiiiiiii Wilshere got goal of the season

That goal vs Norwich

Where can you check all the awards?
Yannick Bolasie >>>>>> Wilfred Zaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
For fuxk sakes. That pisses me off so much. You get an American mug tryna run our club like a ****ing business. Absolutely wrecked the club. Why was it even sold to him?

Me and my sister went to the Chelsea game, and the guy sitting infront of us actually had the audacity to tell us that we were "too loud", we were the only ones screaming our hearts out in that stand.

**** sakes

Just **** sakes

So frigging pisstaking

And there was a time where a guy asked me who our number 4 was :/

It's like, **** off

Got to many prawn sandwichers at the games!

Tim Payton, head of the AST has some interesting figures about tickets and said that 600 club level season tickets were used just once a season 2 years ago, because people by them to get into the big games. They don't care about the games against the smaller teams.

The club really need to fix the Ticket Exchange system, it closes 36 hours before a game which is just ridiculous.
Reply 2388
More the Mickey's and Bob's from cally innit.

But in all seriousness, the club don't care about the locals. You could argue that because Arsenal are based in affluent North London, that somewhat justifies the ticket prices, but when the vast majority of the fanbase is working class it just doesn't.

But Kroenke doesn't care and there isn't much we can do as fans.

Out of interest, how do Chelsea's ticket prices compare to ours? I would imagine their fans should be able to pay more, even more than the Bishops Avenue in east finchley lot :wink:
Original post by SHOO
Out of interest, how do Chelsea's ticket prices compare to ours? I would imagine their fans should be able to pay more, even more than the Bishops Avenue in east finchley lot :wink:

47-65 quid face value.
Got to many prawn sandwichers at the games.
The term does make me laugh. Prawns are hardly posh food, and pawn sandwiches are cheap, much cheaper than a BLT or something. Thank Keane for that one catching on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel
The term does make me laugh. Prawns are hardly posh food, and pawn sandwiches are cheap, much cheaper than a BLT or something. Thank Keane for that one catching on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The most popular joint in the area sells takeaway pies for £5.50 a pop...

****ing Islington. Can have a sit down meal 20m up the road for that price!
Reply 2392
As long as money keep dominating football and people are still willing to pay, ticket prices will always remain high. We're a fashionable club and located in London town. Seeing arsenal play is pretty much equivalent to watching a Jay Z concert. I've seen as much 'localish' people behaving like this- iphone5 out snapping pictures for majority of the match. The most brilliant of this was the swansea game when we had a corner and some guy turned his back to the game and started filming us probably anticipating a goals so he can post the wild celebrations on youtube. These are the sort of people you get there.

The club will keep increasing the prices and it's annoying as the people that lose out are the proper fans whom are emotional invested in the club. I can't be asked to complain anymore about it because that's capitalism at its finest. Supply and Demand. The answer to all these is standing (which already happens at the emirates) but one club is stopping that.

Original post by SHOO

Season ticket wise we cost more but otherwise we're cheaper.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2393
Original post by Zürich

I want to like piebury but I really don't see it :sad:
Reply 2394
Original post by AR_95
Where can you check all the awards?

No idea man, I just saw it live on sky sports
Original post by 419

The fella who runs that shop has done a brilliant job at getting the place known as the go to pre-match joint. Wouldnt be surprised if they paid some of the big twitter accounts to tweet about how great the place is...pretty much every day tripper makes it part of their day out now as if its some old school ritual :rolleyes:

If I'm going to do 1000 calories for a pre-match snack I'm going to the Gunners Fish Bar on Blackstock Road :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 419

Yeah. The pies don't do it for me either... although I'm not into pies in general really. Place is way too hyped up but I respect the owner who's a top lad.
Reply 2397
Got to many prawn sandwichers at the games!

Tim Payton, head of the AST has some interesting figures about tickets and said that 600 club level season tickets were used just once a season 2 years ago, because people by them to get into the big games. They don't care about the games against the smaller teams.

The club really need to fix the Ticket Exchange system, it closes 36 hours before a game which is just ridiculous.

Its a joke honestly.. When I went to the Coventry city game in the FA cup, it really saddened me to see empty seats =\

I'm never going to get wing seats again though honestly, the fans there are so dead its unreal..

I still remember when palace came to the emirates they absolutely murdered us lol:-

[video="youtube;SYEM2nXSzCA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYEM2nXSzCA[/video]

They played a hugeeeeeeeeeee part in that comeback tonight - I don't understand why the more well off fans that can afford the tickets at the emirates cant look and learn, if you wanna be an armchair fan just stay home and watch it on tele
Original post by Zürich

Metres, miles, minutes?
Original post by manchesterunited15
Metres, miles, minutes?

20 minutes mate. Can be eating the finest £5.50 sit down kebab Wood Green has to offer :K:

Latest