The Student Room Group

WJEC Physics PH5 case study 2014

Been reading through the booklet, what kind of questions do you guys think will come up?
do you think it will require a lot of reading around the topic?
also do you think there will be any calculations involved since a lot of formulas were mentioned.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have no idea, I don't like the topics in it though fml. Our teacher made up split the topics up and make a few notes around it, I know it'll probably put me down in the exam though:/ what are you doing revision wise for it? I definitely think there will be calculations involved no clue how many though but if they're pretty simple it should be okay! What option topic are you doing for PH5? :smile:
Reply 2
I guess I will revise the new information that they give such as new terms and equations. I will do some background research the topic and look to see if there are any links with any past modules. other than that not sure. we are choosing the stars option or whatever it is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey Drew, any update on your questions yet :wink:
Reply 4
Drew, any update :wink:
Reply 5
Morgan is that you XD?
Reply 6
I haven't actually read the booklet yet. Oh dear...
Reply 7
Original post by saddle098
I haven't actually read the booklet yet. Oh dear...

it's not too bad you should have no problems getting the gist of it. but it's going to be a pain to remember :-\
Reply 8
Original post by kankyu
it's not too bad you should have no problems getting the gist of it. but it's going to be a pain to remember :-\

We have to remember it? I thought we got a clean copy for the exam :s
We have to remember it? I thought we got a clean copy for the exam :s

We don't have to remember it, we definitely get a clean copy!
Reply 10
ow no i meant remember the notes that we take of the case sorry for confusing you :P
Reply 11
Anyone got any updates?

What topics are you guys going to revise for it?
Reply 12
It's hard to tell whats going to come up. Any ideas?
Original post by RVP10
It's hard to tell whats going to come up. Any ideas?

Literally no idea how to prepare for this? I'm thinking calculations on parallax and that log equation, maybe using e=hf for the energy levels bit on the hydrogen spectrum part? How are you preparing?
Original post by underlyinggirl
Literally no idea how to prepare for this? I'm thinking calculations on parallax and that log equation, maybe using e=hf for the energy levels bit on the hydrogen spectrum part? How are you preparing?

No idea how to prepare. I'm guessing it's mainly going to be calculations based on the formulae in the booklet.

Which of the options is everyone doing?
Reply 15
No idea how to prepare. I'm guessing it's mainly going to be calculations based on the formulae in the booklet.

Which of the options is everyone doing?

Dreading section B!

We're doing Further Electromagnetism and Alternating Currents, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LRKG2079
Dreading section B!

We're doing Further Electromagnetism and Alternating Currents, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, so am I. That's what we're doing too, I don't really understand it yet, I need to revise/learn it!
Reply 17
Original post by underlyinggirl

Yeah apart from the E=hf I'm really not sure :/
Does anyone have any resources/questions for the further electromagnetism stuff? I'm finding the past paper questions tricky :frown:
GCE Physics - PH5 guidance - WJEC" Click on this link. It's a document with about all the options modules in quite a lot of detail.
Alternatively type in "3990 WJEC" into google and it will come up.
Hope this helps.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest