The Student Room Group

National 5 History

Good luck to everyone doing national 5 history tomorrow. What topics are your school doing. My school is doing era of Great War, Atlantic Slave Trade and Russia.
Reply 1
Original post by Bandarg124
Good luck to everyone doing national 5 history tomorrow. What topics are your school doing. My school is doing era of Great War, Atlantic Slave Trade and Russia.

Thanks very much :smile::smile: Good luck to u too. My school is doing the era of the Great War, Atlantic slave trade and Germany.
We are doing era of the great war, changing britain and appeasement. I'm glad I only have 15hrs left of history...dropping it next year because I hate it...but that's mostly because we've got a really crappy teacher. I had to learn EVERYTHING by myself because he only gave us like a scribbled jotter worth of information on all three topics and that was just from his monologues and dvds. :P Haha, can't wait for tomorrow to be over!

Good luck for your exam tomorrow though! :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by tinababy
We are doing era of the great war, changing britain and appeasement. I'm glad I only have 15hrs left of history...dropping it next year because I hate it...but that's mostly because we've got a really crappy teacher. I had to learn EVERYTHING by myself because he only gave us like a scribbled jotter worth of information on all three topics and that was just from his monologues and dvds. :P Haha, can't wait for tomorrow to be over!

Good luck for your exam tomorrow though! :wink:

Well I've had two teachers over the course of the year and luckily for me they have been excellent giving us detailed notes and handouts throughout the year. They also gave us a lot of homework but after finishing my revision (28 pages of practice questions and notes) I can say it was worth it. Looking forward to tomorrow hope I do well and again good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by Pdunsmore
Thanks very much :smile::smile: Good luck to u too. My school is doing the era of the Great War, Atlantic slave trade and Germany.

Was the Germany topic good. We are doing it for higher next year:smile:. The only part of tomorrow I'm worried about is the women bits in the Great War section. What grade or % are you aiming for.
Was the Germany topic good. We are doing it for higher next year:smile:. The only part of tomorrow I'm worried about is the women bits in the Great War section. What grade or % are you aiming for.

Hey, I'm doing Nat 5 this year (albeit I'm in 5th year and even though I got a 2 in SG Geography) I wasn't allowed to crash the Higher so therefore I'm doing National 5! We're doing Migration and Empire, the Atlantic Slave Trade and the USA 1850-1880 and I'm feeling confident for tomorrow!

How about you guys?
Reply 6
Original post by kmurdoch97
Hey, I'm doing Nat 5 this year (albeit I'm in 5th year and even though I got a 2 in SG Geography) I wasn't allowed to crash the Higher so therefore I'm doing National 5! We're doing Migration and Empire, the Atlantic Slave Trade and the USA 1850-1880 and I'm feeling confident for tomorrow!

How about you guys?

Yeah I'm feeling pretty confident. We were supposed to do Migration and Empire but we ran out of time so we had to do the Great War as we had already done some of it in 3rd Year. What you aiming for.
Yeah I'm feeling pretty confident. We were supposed to do Migration and Empire but we ran out of time so we had to do the Great War as we had already done some of it in 3rd Year. What you aiming for.

I'm gonna try and get an A, hopefully that'll shut up the learning assistant who helps me with History. I got a B for my prelim so it shouldn't be too hard.
Reply 8
Original post by kmurdoch97
I'm gonna try and get an A, hopefully that'll shut up the learning assistant who helps me with History. I got a B for my prelim so it shouldn't be too hard.

Yeah I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm aiming for an A as well. Got a really high A in my prelim so just hoping to do the same.
Reply 9
Yeah I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm aiming for an A as well. Got a really high A in my prelim so just hoping to do the same.

My school's prelim was ridiculously easy so even though I got almost full marks then, I'm expecting to get around 85% in the exam.
Reply 10
Original post by LorcanD_J
My school's prelim was ridiculously easy so even though I got almost full marks then, I'm expecting to get around 85% in the exam.

Yeah my schools prelim was easy as well. One of the questions was in one of the model paper book. I got 98%, lost one mark for not putting a judgement in my conclusion. But like you am expecting to get around the 80% mark if all goes well.
A bit late (I should probably go to bed) but I'm doing Migration and Empire, Changing Britain, and Hitler and Nazi Germany, I chose Modern Studies on my course choice sheet but I'm debating whether to ask to transfer to history when we go back, but I'm pretty confident I'll get an A, I did quite well in the model paper (are school never actually got around to doing a proper history prelim).

Germany was a great unit :smile: the start was a little tricky but then as u get in to it it gets easier :wink: I am aiming for an A so maybe 78%. That's me done it now and I thunk it went rather well. What grade are u aiming for? Hope everything went well :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Pdunsmore
Germany was a great unit :smile: the start was a little tricky but then as u get in to it it gets easier :wink: I am aiming for an A so maybe 78%. That's me done it now and I thunk it went rather well. What grade are u aiming for? Hope everything went well :biggrin:

Yeah I think I did rather good in the exam. Finished it within an hour and had 30 mins to check everything.
Yeah I think I did rather good in the exam. Finished it within an hour and had 30 mins to check everything.

Well done! I finished with about five minutes to spare :smile: I think I did pretty well though.

At my school we studied Migration and Empire, Atlantic Slave Trade and Hitler and Nazi Germany.

I'm really hoping for an A as I would love to do Higher History. It's probably my best subject as well as French.
We studied:
Era of the Great War
Changing Britain
WW2

I found it quite easy to be honest! Got the highest in my year for the prelim so am hoping for good things hopefully an A because I want to do Higher History also.
I done Changing Britain, Germany and Era of the Great War. I found the exam pretty easy, it was easier than the prelim so i'm hoping that I got an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending