The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LCRMG
Haha, talking on two different threads :tongue:
What does she think? I need any excuse not to revise this nazi maintenance question since I've neglected source handling!

Hahah, yeah!
Britain:
WHY DEMOCRACY
NO LIBS
LABOUR
WOMEN

or

WHY DEMOCRACY
WHY LIBERALS
WOMEN

Germany:

GROWTH OF NATIONALISM
OBSTACLES TO UNIFICATION
RISE OF NAZIS
Reply 381
Original post by clannem
Hahah, yeah!
Britain:
WHY DEMOCRACY
NO LIBS
LABOUR
WOMEN

or

WHY DEMOCRACY
WHY LIBERALS
WOMEN

Germany:

GROWTH OF NATIONALISM
OBSTACLES TO UNIFICATION
RISE OF NAZIS

I truly hope that you're right with these predictions :biggrin:
Original post by aiesot
I truly hope that you're right with these predictions :biggrin:

They're my teachers but I also predicted them too. Let's hope the SQA picked them too!
Original post by LCRMG
I know ae? I haven't even started yet.. I'm not going to learn dates though because it's near impossible!

I always get so mixed up. Iv looked over it but not really focusing on it. Il look over it in the morning. Its far has to many little battles to learn haha!
Reply 384
does anyone doing migration and empire for paper 2 have summary notes for each of the issues, haven't even looked at paper 2 yet :frown:
Reply 385
Original post by clannem
They're my teachers but I also predicted them too. Let's hope the SQA picked them too!

They are quite realistic to be honest, I would seriously be over the moon if the SQA picked them for the exam! :biggrin: My greatest fear is that both of the Nazi essays will come up and the obstacles to German unification as I'm not confident with these :s-smilie:
Original post by clannem
Hahah, yeah!
Britain:
WHY DEMOCRACY
NO LIBS
LABOUR
WOMEN

or

WHY DEMOCRACY
WHY LIBERALS
WOMEN

Germany:

GROWTH OF NATIONALISM
OBSTACLES TO UNIFICATION
RISE OF NAZIS

I really hope your teacher is right about the womens and nazi rise because they're basically the only ones I've done. I'm scared the SQA will try to catch people out because they know that everyone thinks thats what will come up :confused:
Original post by paulineabbie
I always get so mixed up. Iv looked over it but not really focusing on it. Il look over it in the morning. Its far has to many little battles to learn haha!

I know and the fact that nothing is hard evidence and it's all from secondary sources doesn't help either. The phrase "it is thought" is required for much of it.. Good luck tomorrow :smile:
Original post by LCRMG
I really hope your teacher is right about the womens and nazi rise because they're basically the only ones I've done. I'm scared the SQA will try to catch people out because they know that everyone thinks thats what will come up :confused:

I hope so too. I've only revised women, labour and rise of nazis tonight, eek! I hope they don't try to trick us, I need an A!
Original post by aiesot
They are quite realistic to be honest, I would seriously be over the moon if the SQA picked them for the exam! :biggrin: My greatest fear is that both of the Nazi essays will come up and the obstacles to German unification as I'm not confident with these :s-smilie:

Yeah, they are! :smile: I can't do growth of nationalism at all :frown: I can only do issues 3, 5 and 6
Original post by clannem
I hope so too. I've only revised women, labour and rise of nazis tonight, eek! I hope they don't try to trick us, I need an A!

It wouldn't surprise me considering the cruel acts the SQA have committed in the past haha. If there isn't a nazi question I genuinely will have to get up and leave because I couldn't even write an intro on nationalism :dong:
Reply 391
Original post by clannem
Yeah, they are! :smile: I can't do growth of nationalism at all :frown: I can only do issues 3, 5 and 6

So you're the exact opposite of me haha! I love growth of nationalism and unification - they're basically the same. I could maybe try hard and do issue 6 but that would probably only get me 10 marks (that's what I got for my NAB haha, bearing in mind that we did this topic in a hurry as we only had one week left - just to give us more choices).
Original post by LCRMG
It wouldn't surprise me considering the cruel acts the SQA have committed in the past haha. If there isn't a nazi question I genuinely will have to get up and leave because I couldn't even write an intro on nationalism :dong:

So will I! I'm going to try and do both nazis, growth of nationalism and obstacles to unification to be safe. As for Britain, if women or labour fails to make an appearance I'll cry!
To everyone who can only do rise of the Nazis for Germany: If it doesn't come up, I will get up and leave the exam with a tear in my eye thinking of all of us.
Reply 394
anyone got summary notes for migration and empire paper 2?
Original post by LCRMG
It wouldn't surprise me considering the cruel acts the SQA have committed in the past haha.

Yeah, I believe the SQA have received a lot of criticism from teachers for past History papers, such as 2012, so hopefully they will be unlikely to try and cause more controversy, especially on the sad swansong for the old Higher.
can you pass with only one essay if its a decent standard? really stressing over the germany questions, if rise of the nazis or obstacles to unification don't come up i'm screwed :frown:
Original post by clannem
So will I! I'm going to try and do both nazis, growth of nationalism and obstacles to unification to be safe. As for Britain, if women or labour fails to make an appearance I'll cry!

Same with women! I don't have the strength to revise any more essays. Having completely blown maths and english in the space of a few days I'm feeling drained and not bothered anymore.
Reply 398
Original post by nualamitchell
can you pass with only one essay if its a decent standard? really stressing over the germany questions, if rise of the nazis or obstacles to unification don't come up i'm screwed :frown:

Yeah, only if you wrote a decent extended essay - like if you got 28 or something and of course at least 17-18 for the first essay, with a decent pass in paper 2 you could maybe pull your grade up to a B (I think anyways)
Original post by LCRMG
Same with women! I don't have the strength to revise any more essays. Having completely blown maths and english in the space of a few days I'm feeling drained and not bothered anymore.

So am I! I've failed both of them! I can't handle it anymore at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending