The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have a feeling Labour won't make an appearance tomorrow since it has been 3 years running :frown: Paper 2 also, if a 10 marker on politics comes up its not looking good :frown: Need Liberals and German Nationalism!
Original post by CameronPaterson
Yeah, I believe the SQA have received a lot of criticism from teachers for past History papers, such as 2012, so hopefully they will be unlikely to try and cause more controversy, especially on the sad swansong for the old Higher.

Hopefully you're right! I suppose we will find out tomorrow.. I know I'll kick myself if my topics don't come up.
Original post by clannem
So am I! I've failed both of them! I can't handle it anymore at all.

History is the only one of two I have any hope of passing :'( I honestly just can't stand the anticipation of it all..
Original post by LCRMG
History is the only one of two I have any hope of passing :'( I honestly just can't stand the anticipation of it all..

I was hoping for an A in history, I'm guessing I'll get a B in english, fail in maths, A in chemistry and a B in biology. I hope! Aw, just have faith! Study hard and believe you can do it. AND DON'T PANIC!
Original post by clannem
I was hoping for an A in history, I'm guessing I'll get a B in english, fail in maths, A in chemistry and a B in biology. I hope! Aw, just have faith! Study hard and believe you can do it. AND DON'T PANIC!

You won't have failed maths! I'm trying not to guess what I'll get because I don't want to be disappointed haha. I don't think it's possible for me to panic any more than I did in english.. There were tears dripping onto the paper and smudging my writing :laugh:
Could someone quickly explain how to write a How useful Source Question ? Thanks
Reply 406
if you're studying Germany then you'll be completely safe with 2 nazi essays (maintenance and rise) because the sqa need to examine both 19th and 20th century so there need a to be at least one on nazi. women is very very likely to come up so I'm just doing women and the 2 nazi essays
Original post by LCRMG
You won't have failed maths! I'm trying not to guess what I'll get because I don't want to be disappointed haha. I don't think it's possible for me to panic any more than I did in english.. There were tears dripping onto the paper and smudging my writing :laugh:

I will, I only studied yesterday! Yeah, best not to! Omg, really?! Oh that's such a shame! aww, I hope you did great though
Reply 408
migration and empire summary notes? anyone ... :frown:
Original post by NM96
migration and empire summary notes? anyone ... :frown:

I posted some earlier on in the form of pictures
Reply 410
Original post by clannem
I posted some earlier on in the form of pictures

aw ok i'll take a look thanks!
Original post by oxfox
if you're studying germany then you'll be completely safe with 2 nazi essays (maintenance and rise) because the sqa need to examine both 19th and 20th century so there need a to be at least one on nazi. Women is very very likely to come up so i'm just doing women and the 2 nazi essays

really?! This is amazing news omg i can be lazy now, thank you!
Original post by OxFox
if you're studying Germany then you'll be completely safe with 2 nazi essays (maintenance and rise) because the sqa need to examine both 19th and 20th century so there need a to be at least one on nazi. women is very very likely to come up so I'm just doing women and the 2 nazi essays

this would have been helpful if my teacher had bothered to teach us maintenance... :angry:
Original post by mattsam12
Could someone quickly explain how to write a How useful Source Question ? Thanks

Do author, origin, purpose and then do content of the source and quote the source then back it up with relevant recall. Then you use two points of recall not from the question to show limitations.
This may not help but it's what I do, good luck!
Reply 414
Original post by clannem
really?! This is amazing news omg i can be lazy now, thank you!

the only thing will be that if the questions are awkward but that's what I'm doing anyway! best of luck for tomorrow!
Reply 415
Original post by RachelStickle
this would have been helpful if my teacher had bothered to teach us maintenance... :angry:

sorry to hear that...bummer..
if you have notes then these are the paragraphs I do: economic policy, propaganda, totalitarian state and fear (Gestapo and SS)
Original post by OxFox
the only thing will be that if the questions are awkward but that's what I'm doing anyway! best of luck for tomorrow!

Yeah, I have liberals, women, labour and Nazis now :smile: Good luck to you too, I hope we all have great papers! :biggrin:
Original post by clannem
I will, I only studied yesterday! Yeah, best not to! Omg, really?! Oh that's such a shame! aww, I hope you did great though

I can beat that.. I only studied for about an hour last night and this morning! Yeah I was a mess and some woman stopped me in the corridor after and I was crying to her which was embarrassing. Thanks but it's a pretty definite fail haha :rolleyes:
Reply 418
Any predictions for USA 1918-1968 essays?
For the Source Comparison, is there always one area of disagreement? Or can the two sources wholly agree?

Latest

Trending

Trending