The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by EllaGwenn
No problem! Me too, I've been up since 4am working on Paper 2 :/

Oh god :/ I set my alarm for 4am but didn't get up until 6 haha
Reply 461
That's me only just finished my essay plans for paper 1... not even looked over them yet. Here's praying my two favourite essays come up. Now onto Scottish Wars.

I'm not in high spirits, been unwell the past week with a very painful ear infection and stomach pains, and I can't get to the doctors until tomorrow due to exam timing. :frown: But nevertheless, good luck today everyone!
Original post by aabbey
I'm sure some can wholly agree

yeah they agreed in our prelim
Hope everyones questions come up including mine! Good luck everyone! :frown:
Original post by NM96
For women and the vote is it enough to just write about NUWSS, WSPU, WW1 and foreign influences?

definitely :cute:
Reply 465
Original post by EllaGwenn
No problem! Me too, I've been up since 4am working on Paper 2 :/

Whaaat?! Are you crazy? Anyway good luck to you!
Please please please please please please please let reasons for the adoption of appeasement come up.
Quick question, what would you do if your question came up but it was asking about a factor you hadn't learned?
Original post by Ami_
Whaaat?! Are you crazy? Anyway good luck to you!

Probably... thank you though! And to you too! :smile:
Reply 469
does anyone have stuff on the lack of reliable allies section for reasons for appeasement - did my extended essay on it but didn't do that factor?:smile:
Reply 470
[QUOTE="RachelStickle;47474387"]definitely :cute:[/QUOTE

Ok good because I definitely don't have to time to learn changing attitudes towards women hahaha
Reply 471
Original post by LCRMG
Quick question, what would you do if your question came up but it was asking about a factor you hadn't learned?

Bull**** my way through it as always. Try to conjure up something about it from memory and turn it into a paragraph. Then write tons on my other factors and pray for a pass.
Reply 472
Do they care if you get the dates wrong? :'(
Reply 473
Original post by Lilidh
does anyone have stuff on the lack of reliable allies section for reasons for appeasement - did my extended essay on it but didn't do that factor?:smile:

'By the late 1930s Germany Italy and Japan were allied together. Britain had no allies except from the empire and even that was causing concern. Chamberlain knew he couldn't count on the isolationist USA, as he said 'you can count on the americans for nothing but from words' as they were following a policy of neutrality. France was the only other country that might help Britain but they had their own problems as in in 1934 street rioting brought down the government. Therefore France was politically divided and no short-term government would commit France to any warlike moves against Germany. Therefore, combined with military weakness and economic difficulty Britain felt appeasment was the only option as they knew they could no defeat Germany alone.' < that's what I've learned don't know if its any good though
Original post by Lilidh

During the inter-war period, France was adminent that it would not take part in another European war, due to economic turmoil and political and social problems. Due to this, the French public also had a national widespread hostility towards war, just like the British population and they were seeking assistance from a possible future German invasion. An example of the French defensive approach to foreign policies was that they had constructed the 'Maginot Line' which was a series of extensive defensive structures expanding from France's border with Germany, all the way to the border with Belgium. France would have much rather have followed a policy of appeasement than go to war with Germany since they could not risk to intensify their debts of $7 billion, and their already massive loss of 10% of their male population. Thus, Britain was encouraged to follow a policy of appeasement because in the event of war, Britain could not trust France in giving them soldiers and weapons, therefore making Britain's chance of success, a mere dream. So it can be seen that due to a complete lack of French will, a policy of appeasement was followed as Britain could not risk fighting a war with no allies.

I hope that's ok....
Reply 475
Thank you both!!!! :smile:
I only know rise of nazis, maintenance of power, women, labour and a little why liberals, is that too risky?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 477
Original post by clannem
I only know rise of nazis, maintenance of power, women, labour and a little why liberals, is that too risky?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should focus on at another Germany topic rather than try and remember why liberals because having two Germany topics is quite risky... I would aim for three topics per unit
Reply 478
Anybody have historiography for maintenance of power -nazis-?
Original post by clannem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, I only know womens, liberals why and hitlers rise :/

Latest

Trending

Trending