The Student Room Group

History GCSE - Paper 1

History Paper 1 is on Friday, so how's your revision coming along? What topics do you want/not want to come up? Personally, the Treaties after WW1 and the League of Nations are good for me, but Eastern Europe and the Cold War not so much. Also doing Germany for the in depth study!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm confident on league of nation and treaty of Versailles not so confident on Hitler's foreign policy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
One 8 marker that I wouldn't be confident on is "Who was to blame for the Cold War?" or "The USSR was to blame for the Cold War. How far do you agree with this statement?"

Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ben4
I'm confident on league of nation and treaty of Versailles not so confident on Hitler's foreign policy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Ive created a Memrise course on the dates on Hilters Foriegn Affairs from 1933 to the September 1939. Don't know whether you use Memrise but it's helpful for quick learning and reference. This course I find really helpful to piece together Hitlers actions and it creates an overall picture of what he did.
http://www.memrise.com/course/274633/history-gcse-dates-of-hitlers-actions-1933-1939/
What did people do for for in-depth study? We did USA 1919-1941

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by UBERgeek1234
What did people do for for in-depth study? We did USA 1919-1941

Posted from TSR Mobile

Germany from 1919-1939

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
ONE DAY TO GO!!!! LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
does anyone have any ideas as to what came up last year? I doubt they will ask the same questions for 2 successive years...
Reply 8
How did the CIE Paper 1 go for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Could've been better could've been worse. I found my Depth Study questions easy (my study was USA) but I found the 8 marker for the 8th question on Solidarity quite difficult. You?
Reply 10
I did Treaty of Versailles, League of Nations and Social life of 1920s in USA.

Didn't go too bad. I didn't have enough time to do USA questions properly though. I finished all but USA answers became brief. I wrote too much for League of nations questions. I wrote 10 pages in total D:
Reply 11
I did League of Nations and the Treaties, so Qs 5 and 6. Germany was my depth study, and I did the question about the Nazis. Went alright, didn't really finish. But with coursework and Paper 2 it should all be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I did Q6 and Q7 and then Q9 on Germany. I hope I at least get a B in this paper because I'm sure I didn't write to my full potential...anyway what'd done is done. One question I found hard was "The USA and USSR were both responsible for the start of the cold war" How far do you agree with this statement? I put about missiles on cuba and naval blockade also increasing tension but then I also put about the missiles in Turkey and the bay of pigs invasion...not sure if those are the right points...
Hi,

Is this the WJEC paper you are talking about?

If so what are the questions on Hitlers Foreign Policy and The League Of nations part?
Reply 14
uhm mine was IGCSE Cambridge I think and there were none on hitler's foreign policy but learn about the league in the 1920's! So many questions on the league and paris conference so make sure you learnt them!
Reply 15
I'm doing the cold war and the USA for my depth study
Reply 16
I'm doing International Relations, Civil Rights (USA) and Russia
Original post by Mattv72
History Paper 1 is on Friday, so how's your revision coming along? What topics do you want/not want to come up? Personally, the Treaties after WW1 and the League of Nations are good for me, but Eastern Europe and the Cold War not so much. Also doing Germany for the in depth study!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not confident but hope i will do well.
Original post by Mattv72

Posted from TSR Mobile

is your exam board edexcel?

Quick Reply

Latest