The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by clannem
Oh dear, im failing for sure then! There is a chance yes, but will the SQA do it? Probably not

Posted from TSR Mobile

You wont fail! :smile: I still have this weird feeling that women and the vote will come up since next year there will be this 'new higher' :smile:
I truly hope so! I can barely do issue 6 for Germany (I got 10 in my NAB but thats only because we did this topic in a week). And obstacles is the worst topic for me :P

Anyways, good luck with the exam and don't worry, you won't fail, I have faith in you! haha :smile:
I'm so sorry to anyone who only studied Nazis for Germany!
WOMEN THOUGH

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you all find that? I was so happy with Paper two (impact of Great War) as the comparison was on politics which I suck at.
Downside being most people missed their busses and it's bucketing down with rain!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lovecupcakes
Omg just spoke to my teacher and he says he doesn't feel like women and the votes going to come up anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so so glad your teacher was wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 504
Ran out of time for women and the vote and only wrote about suffragists, suffragettes and ww1 and done a really bad conclusion and for appeasement my parapraph for Paris peace settlement was bad and for paper 2 migration and I didn't write 10 points for Q3 and only done two comparisons for Q4 as I ran out time, will be lucky if I get a C
Came out of paper 1 in tears. My teacher was so angry that no Nazi questions came up as some schools don't even teach unification. Ugh, I got two paragraphs done which probably didn't even make sense and I've basically lost almost 20 marks already :frown: :frown: Happy with my women and the vote essay, and I think I done better in paper 2 than in the prelim, so hopefully I have above 28/30. Need my extended essay to then pull it up again. I'm so upset and disappointed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 506
Original post by arcticcmonkeys
Came out of paper 1 in tears. My teacher was so angry that no Nazi questions came up as some schools don't even teach unification. Ugh, I got two paragraphs done which probably didn't even make sense and I've basically lost almost 20 marks already :frown: :frown: Happy with my women and the vote essay, and I think I done better in paper 2 than in the prelim, so hopefully I have above 28/30. Need my extended essay to then pull it up again. I'm so upset and disappointed :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's fine I only wrote three crap paragraphs for women and vote because I ran out of time, so upset cause I learned a good essay for it as well
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you, SQA. You have finally done something right for me. How did everyone find that?
Reply 508
Really happy with the exam today. Thought both papers were great! VERY surprised there were no Nazi questions, meant that I could only do the Growth of Nationalism as my school doesn't teach the other topics. So happy women came up as I prepared most for that!

Question for paper 2 (impact of the great war) - When talking about the contribution of Scots, was it alright to talk about commemoration? I'm worried as most of my recall points were to do with commemoration. Also, I mentioned the Rent Strikes for recall (as well as the works of Elsie Inglis and Mairi Chisolm) for the How Useful - would that get me marks?

Hope it went well for the rest of you!
Original post by NM96
It's fine I only wrote three crap paragraphs for women and vote because I ran out of time, so upset cause I learned a good essay for it as well

Timing in paper 1 is really bad. I'm sure you'll have good knowledge in it though! I'm just upset at the fact I tried so hard for history and then walk away with an unfinished essay that I only managed an intro and two paragraphs :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought that went well. Even though I ran out of time on both papers I still did alright I think. I had to guess a couple or things in Paper 2 and only got three factors in my second essay, but I think everything still went quite well. I was so happy that essay 1 came up for slave trade and crusades. Like, that was possibly the best possible exam for my school!
Sorry guys for making all of you stressed with me saying my teacher said women and the vote wasn't going to come up at the end of the exam he said he just want me to study more than one essay rather than just learning women and the vote 😡
But the exam was actually not bad it was quite good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the exact same, beyond gutted.
Absolutely gutted the Nazis didn't come up
Belter of an exam for those doing Russia/Britain, great Wars of Independence sources aswell! Feel sorry for the people who had only studied Nazis:s-smilie:
Reply 515
Timing in paper 1 is really bad. I'm sure you'll have good knowledge in it though! I'm just upset at the fact I tried so hard for history and then walk away with an unfinished essay that I only managed an intro and two paragraphs :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is isn't it :frown: I know I feel the same and the fact that it was a good essay annoys me even more! I rushed the three paraprgaphs so I don't think I got much knowledge in plus my argument was really bad too and my conclusion was like two or three lines long, so bad!!
My teacher taught us every topic for Germany and Britain, it was a lot of work but I'm really glad about it now.
To those who relied on the Nazis: there's always your Extended Essays!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 517
I think I ended up uttering complete bull**** for Bismarck and unification :s-smilie: Thank god women came up, although I forgot some arguments so it looks like a B or C for me :'( paper two migration and empire was alright as well, but I didn't like how we had to edit the wording of the papers despite the fact we didn't study those topics. Hope everybody gets the grade they want in August!
Original post by Ami_
I think I ended up uttering complete bull**** for Bismarck and unification :s-smilie: Thank god women came up, although I forgot some arguments so it looks like a B or C for me :'( paper two migration and empire was alright as well, but I didn't like how we had to edit the wording of the papers despite the fact we didn't study those topics. Hope everybody gets the grade they want in August!

Yes I was really annoyed about having to edit mistakes for other topics. Time in history is so valuable!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Y2J97
Really happy with the exam today. Thought both papers were great! VERY surprised there were no Nazi questions, meant that I could only do the Growth of Nationalism as my school doesn't teach the other topics. So happy women came up as I prepared most for that!

Question for paper 2 (impact of the great war) - When talking about the contribution of Scots, was it alright to talk about commemoration? I'm worried as most of my recall points were to do with commemoration. Also, I mentioned the Rent Strikes for recall (as well as the works of Elsie Inglis and Mairi Chisolm) for the How Useful - would that get me marks?

Hope it went well for the rest of you!

I feel the exact same, very happy with the questions! Yes i think so, I talked about the Rent Strikes as well so hopefully it'll be fine :smile: