The Student Room Group

A few questions for the ladies. Your opinion matters!

Hi.

I've seen many males change their attitude, hobbies and personality in order to attract a woman. I want to see if females and men think alike, I hope you answer these 13 questions truthfully.

Note: This may benefit men in more ways than you'll ever know...

Questions:

Q1) Would you ever date a guy that's bald or with thinning hair?
Q2) Would you ever date a physically unfit(Fat belly and man boobs) male that has a nice personality?
Q3) Would you ever date a physically FIT male, with a bad personality?
Q4) Personality > looks or vice versa?
Q5) Would you ever date a guy because he is rich?
Q6) Does a mans height matter?
Q7) Does a males penis size matter to you?
Q8) Sweetheart(cutie), romantic or bad boy(Wild)?
Q9) Smoker or non-smoker? Does it matter much?
Q10) Would you ever date a guy that doesn't have a degree? or a good job?
Q11) Would you prefer A man that fights back (argues back), or a man that agrees to everything you say?
Q12) Would you date a guy that has different religious beliefs?
Q13) Would you ever date a guy that is of different nationality?

I hope this helps the guys, thank you ladies.

THANKS TO ALL WHO PROVIDED THEIR HONEST OPINION!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thank you beautiful ladies??? :rofl:
Reply 2
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
Thank you beautiful ladies??? :rofl:

Jheze, relax. Careful, you might drop your nuts.
1) Yeah, would prefer them to just go bald if theyre really starting to thin.
2) You mean fat? Yeah, fat guys are cuddly.
3) No.
4) Personality.
5) No, I'm not a fan of guys buying stuff for me, makes me feel cheap :/
6) Yes, I don't like guys being shorter than me (I'm five foot seven)
7) Not really.
8) Romantic.
9) Non-smoker. I hate smoking, so yeah it would matter.
10) The lack of job would annoy me, especially if it was through disguised laziness. Lack of degree wouldn't matter too much, but I will probably get irritated with it every now and then.
11) Somebody who argues back. This may sound weird, but this is what I want most from a guy, somebody who I can have amazing debates and conversations with.

EDIT: You added more questions... -.-
12) Depends. I'm not a fan of religion, so if they're very strict whatever, then no. Just a bit of one would be okay.
13) Yes
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 0xygen
Jheze, relax. Careful, you might drop your nuts.
Maybe I won't if you stop trying to bite them :s-smilie:
Reply 5
I would rather not but that's hardly going to stop me if they're great otherwise.

Q2) Would you ever date a physically unfit male that has a nice personality?
Yes.

Q3) Would you ever date a physically FIT male, with a shady personality?
What do you mean by shady...?

Relationship? Personality.
Sex? Looks.

Yes.
I would like him to be taller than me, but it's not the end of the world.

Yes, a bit, but if they're 4 inches and the best sex ever clearly that then wouldn't matter.

Romantic.

Non-smoker preferably, but my ex was a smoker so clearly it doesn't matter much to me.

Of course. I'm the first person in my entire family to go to university so I'm used to being surrounded by people without degrees who are the best people ever.

Q11) Would you prefer A man that fights back, or a man that agrees to everything you say?
A man that fights back, always.
Reply 6
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
Maybe I won't if you stop trying to bite them :s-smilie:

Shutup SuperDuperNoob you superdupernoob.
Q1) Would you ever date a guy that's bald or with thinning hair? Yes, of course.
Q2) Would you ever date a physically unfit male that has a nice personality? Depends how unfit. As long as he isn't morbidly obese (unless they were willing to become healthy) and can still walk without getting out of breath then yes. I wouldn't date someone morbidy obese because I personally wouldn't want to date someone who couldn't look after themselves, not because I would fin them attractive. As long as they are fit enough to walk for like an hour I wouldn't care. Q3) Would you ever date a physically FIT male, with a shady personality? What d you mean by shady? Probably not.
Q4) Personality > looks or vice versa? personality wins everytime
Q5) Would you ever date a guy because he is rich? No. I don't actually want to be rich. Money causes problems. I would rather he earned 20,000 then 200,000 any day.
Q6) Does a mans height matter? No, 4ft or 7ft I don't care. I'm only 5ft4 and would happily date a guy shorter then me. I would rather a 5ft 5-5ft 9, but don't care. I would never turn someone down because of their height.
Q7) Does a males penis size matter to you? No
Q8) Sweetheart(cutie), romantic or bad boy(Wild)? Sweetheart.
Q9) Smoker or non-smoker? Does it matter much? I don't mind. I would rather he smoked excessively then drunk excessively.
Q10) Would you ever date a guy that doesn't have a degree? or a good job? Yes, degree or not I don't care. As long as he has a job, or is trying to get one, I don't mind.
Q11) Would you prefer A man that fights back, or a man that agrees to everything you say? Fight back, I wouldn't date someone who agrees with everything I say (unless he genuinely agreed). I want someone who isn't weak and can stand up for themselves. But I would want him to respect my opinion even if he doesn't agree. aka at least listen. :smile: Q12) Would you date a guy that has different religious beliefs? yes
Q13) Would you ever date a guy that is of different nationality? yes
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nif
Shutup SuperDuperNoob you superdupernoob.

Looks like he successfully bit yours off!! XD
Q1) Would you ever date a guy that's bald or with thinning hair? NO
Q2) Would you ever date a physically unfit male that has a nice personality? NO
Q3) Would you ever date a physically FIT male, with a shady personality? NO
Q4) Personality > looks or vice versa? VICE VERSA - there needs to be initial attraction. However, if he is a knob then that's a no-go.
Q5) Would you ever date a guy because he is rich? NO
Q6) Does a mans height matter? YES
Q7) Does a males penis size matter to you? AS LONG AS IT ISN'T THE SIZE OF A TOOTHPICK
Q8) Sweetheart(cutie), romantic or bad boy(Wild)? LITTLE BIT OF ALL OF THEM?
Q9) Smoker or non-smoker? Does it matter much? NON-SMOKER - smoking smells bad; yellow teeth and fingernails; cancer
Q10) Would you ever date a guy that doesn't have a degree? or a good job? 1) YES / 2) NO
Q11) Would you prefer A man that fights back, or a man that agrees to everything you say? A MAN THAT FIGHTS BACK
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Q1) Wouldn't be a complete turn off
Q2) Wouldn't mind, yeah
Q3) No
Q4) Personality
Q5) No, other things would have to draw me in first to even tolerate him.
Q6) Yes
Q7) Not bothered
Q8) Sweetheart(cutie), romantic
Q9) Non-smoker
Q10) As long as he can support himself, I don't care if he doesn't have a degree
Q11) A man who fights back, I like opinionated people, plus I don't like telling people what to do
Original post by 0xygen
Hi.

I've seen many males change their attitude, hobbies and personality in order to attract a woman. I want to see if females and men think alike, I hope you answer these 11 questions truthfully.

Questions:

Q1) Would you ever date a guy that's bald or with thinning hair? No
Q2) Would you ever date a physically unfit male that has a nice personality? No: sixpack or friendzone
Q3) Would you ever date a physically FIT male, with a shady personality? Yes
Q4) Personality > looks or vice versa? Vice versa
Q5) Would you ever date a guy because he is rich? Yes
Q6) Does a mans height matter? Yes
Q7) Does a males penis size matter to you? Yes
Q8) Sweetheart(cutie), romantic or bad boy(Wild)? All three at once :colondollar:
Q9) Smoker or non-smoker? Does it matter much? Non-smoker. I hate smoking.
Q10) Would you ever date a guy that doesn't have a degree? or a good job? No - he must be ambitious
Q11) Would you prefer A man that fights back, or a man that agrees to everything you say? He must not be a pushover

Answers in bold.

To keep it simple there's the Rule of Sixes. If you are 6'+ in height, 6"+ in length, have a 6-pack, are on track to get a 6-figure+ salary, and have 6+ A*s at GCSE, then send me a PM. :sexface:
ye i don't change my personality/beliefs/attitudes/values to please women. Or anyone for that matter.

Original post by FriendlyLiberal
Answers in bold.

To keep it simple there's the Rule of Sixes. If you are 6'+ in height, 6"+ in length, have a 6-pack, are on track to get a 6-figure+ salary, and have 6+ A*s at GCSE, then send me a PM. :sexface:

Lmao better make sure you look like the girls in this thread then, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2671233&page=9&p=47478839#post47478839
(edited 9 years ago)
Q1) Would you ever date a guy that's bald or with thinning hair? Probably not at this age
Q2) Would you ever date a physically unfit male that has a nice personality? No
Q3) Would you ever date a physically FIT male, with a shady personality? No
Q4) Personality > looks or vice versa? Personality > looks but some kind of attraction needs to be there
Q5) Would you ever date a guy because he is rich? Probably, yeah
Q6) Does a mans height matter? Yes...need to be at least a little bit taller than me
Q7) Does a males penis size matter to you? Nah
Q8) Sweetheart(cutie), romantic or bad boy(Wild)? cutie I guess
Q9) Smoker or non-smoker? Does it matter much? Prefer non-smoker but would date smoker and hope they'd quit (happened in my current relationship)
Q10) Would you ever date a guy that doesn't have a degree? or a good job? Yes
Q11) Would you prefer A man that fights back, or a man that agrees to everything you say? Fights back if he actually believes it...he needs to have an opinion
How to tell the guys that never get success with women....

they are the ones that read those questions, immediately answered them in their head, and have read through every girl's answer shaking their heads saying "all these girls are LYING but I know what their REAL answers are"
people say personality over looks but i think if someone 'looks good' or is attractive it makes you want to get know them and their personality.. and then if their personality appeals to you as much as their looks then its a win-win.

people don't choose personality over looks even if they say they do :P You gotta have the physical attraction there too. :biggrin:
Original post by ChickenMadness
Lmao better make sure you look like the girls in this thread then, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2671233&page=9&p=47478839#post47478839

Don't be shallow. I am strong and independent! Surely this counts with men. :hmmm:
Not sure about bald but maybe. Thinning hair I think wouldnt be an issue at all.

Yes not a problem.

Not formally. For something casual or short-term then I might not care so much (sorry just telling it how it is) but for something serious/formal with a hope of a proper relationship, no I wouldnt.

I think both are important but personality more so. Both are subjective though especially looks!

No, not solely for that reason haha.

Im not sure. Ive never dated a man who wasnt taller than me but I have dated men who were only like an inch taller. I like to think I could be open minded enough to date a man who was shorter than me. I think I would if I liked them, I dont think height would stop me.

No. Id actually rather it be a bit on the small side than the opposite. I mean if it was like clinically a micro-penis I guess that would put me off I must confess. But likewise I would be put off by a really big penis too sorry.

The first two. :smile:

Non-smoker and I think for me I dont think I could have a serious relationship with a smoker. It might sound shallow but I really dont like it BUT if I liked them enough then maybe it wouldnt matter.

Absolutely but I wouldnt date a guy sitting about not doing anything. They have to be contributing to society in some way.

Q11) Would you prefer A man that fights back, or a man that agrees to everything you say?
Both in moderation...but if I had to pick one, probably that agrees with what I say hahahah come on lets be realistic.

PS. Im married so all of that isnt relevant anymore but those are my general thoughts :smile:
Original post by 0xygen
Hi.

I've seen many males change their attitude, hobbies and personality in order to attract a woman. I want to see if females and men think alike, I hope you answer these 11 questions truthfully.

Questions:

Q1) Probably wouldn't START dating a guy with bald or thinning hair but if I was in a good stable relationship with a guy and then his hair started to thin, it wouldn't bother me

Q2) Depends on whether he was fat and if so how fat (I could deal with a bit of chub, but if you have a front butt, then I'm sorry but no)

Q3) Probably not

Q4) Personality but looks do come into play :P

Q5) Not just because he was rich..no

Q6) Yes and no. Overall I don't care how tall he is as long as he's my height or taller (5 "2" ^)

Q7) No not at all, don't really care to be honest

Q8) Sweetheart

Q9) Non-smoker and yes it matters a great deal

Q10) Sorry to be shallow but unless he was at least aiming for a relatively good job, then, no

Q11) Fights back
Original post by 0xygen
Hi.

Questions:

Yeah, I probably would.

Definitely.

Nope.

Personality over looks, any day.

Yeah if I liked him as a person, sure.

Yes. But then again im pretty short.. so I dont think im gonna a have problem in the height department.

Not really.

Sweetheart and romantic.

A chain smoker would put me off, although sneaking a whiff once in a while is fine by me.

Probably not? Sorry

A man who fights back.. but only when necessary.

Well, there you go..
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest