The Student Room Group

Help with Design Argument - Qua Regularity

Hello. I'm revising for my AS Philosophy & Ethics - Foundations exam (Edexcel) and in my notes I hear of qua regularity. This means that the universe exhibits some sort of order that must have been put in place by an intelligent designer.

However, on a summary sheet my teacher created, he mentioned Qua Order, stating:

Gravity, and the order of the planets holding orbit, are just two examples of the universe being created and maintained in such an orderly way that a designer must have created it.

Is Qua Order the same as Qua Regularity? Just wanted to check so that I don't digress in my exam about the wrong thing, or go over the same idea twice, in two paragraphs. :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 1
There is Design Qua Purpose and Design Qua Regularity so I am assuming by the description of Qua Order that yes it is Design Qua Regularity.
Reply 2
Original post by 0mgJohn
Hello. I'm revising for my AS Philosophy & Ethics - Foundations exam (Edexcel) and in my notes I hear of qua regularity. This means that the universe exhibits some sort of order that must have been put in place by an intelligent designer.

However, on a summary sheet my teacher created, he mentioned Qua Order, stating:

Is Qua Order the same as Qua Regularity? Just wanted to check so that I don't digress in my exam about the wrong thing, or go over the same idea twice, in two paragraphs. :smile:

Thanks!

Yes, Design Qua Regularity and Qua Order are the same thing, both basically are using order (e.g gravity, the sun, structure in the solar system) in the universe to support the idea that there is a creator, which Paley believed was God.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending