The Student Room Group

Quantum Physics

Does anyone know how to determine planck's constant with photoelectric effect using photocell? Exams tomorrow:/
Original post by AdoniF
Does anyone know how to determine planck's constant with photoelectric effect using photocell? Exams tomorrow:/

we probably wont get such a q tomorow! :tongue:
Reply 2
More details! I assume you just use the equation E=hfh=EfE=hf \rightarrow h=\frac{E}{f}
Reply 3
Original post by wanna_get_A*
we probably wont get such a q tomorow! :tongue:

Haha ur probably right but with edexcel u never know:s-smilie:
Reply 4
This should really be in the physics forum rather than A levels. Don't know if you have to get a mod to move it for you though.
Reply 5
Original post by lerjj
This should really be in the physics forum rather than A levels. Don't know if you have to get a mod to move it for you though.

I'm kinda new, but this is for my edexcel physics exam:redface:
Original post by AdoniF
Haha ur probably right but with edexcel u never know:s-smilie:

true that.. but its unit 3! not possibl.. might come in unit 2
Reply 7
Original post by AdoniF
I'm kinda new, but this is for my edexcel physics exam:redface:

me too ;-) But I'm pretty sure one of the helpers on the physics forums will be better equipped to answer this question. Maybe find one and PM him?
Reply 8
Original post by lerjj
me too ;-) But I'm pretty sure one of the helpers on the physics forums will be better equipped to answer this question. Maybe find one and PM him?

Oh okay I'll try. Thanks:smile:
Reply 9
Is this the test you're doing? http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/January%202012%20-%20QP/6PH07_01_que_20120307.pdf

Page 10/11?
In this case the gradient is h/e where e is the charge on the electron. Even if that's not you're paper are you able to adapt the principles used here? Could you please post the exact question as well.
Original post by lerjj
Is this the test you're doing? http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/QP%20GCE%20Curriculum%202000/January%202012%20-%20QP/6PH07_01_que_20120307.pdf

Page 10/11?
In this case the gradient is h/e where e is the charge on the electron. Even if that's not you're paper are you able to adapt the principles used here? Could you please post the exact question as well.

sorry i posted the wrong q! :tongue: i found my mistake .. and the actual q is to show that from eV=hf-fi that hc/e is the gradient..
Reply 11
http://www.s-cool.co.uk/a-level/physics/quantum-physics/revise-it/photoelectric-current-and-stopping-potential

My friend just showed me this, should answer pretty much all your queries. I'm off to bed
Reply 12
Original post by wanna_get_A*
sorry i posted the wrong q! :tongue: i found my mistake .. and the actual q is to show that from eV=hf-fi that hc/e is the gradient..

hf/e don't you mean? or hc/eλ possibly...
Which parts of the equation are variable and which are constants? That's what you need to think about...

Quick Reply

Latest