The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 419
I've always stated, the out of the transfer of RVP, Cesc and Nasri, Nasri's one hurts the most.

How does that work? Out of all three, RVP would be the most useful right now. Nasri would only be a minor upgrade on Cazorla.
Reply 2481
Original post by 419

Also, are Bayern's players actually "unhappy" or is this the kind of story that comes out when a team is going through a "tough period".

It's the latter imo. The Müller rumours are all based on one single remark by him after the 2nd Arsenal leg ("It's better if I don't say anything" when asked about only coming on as a sub and missing the pen) and the press' obsession with a Van Gaal quote ("Müller always plays"). The ones about Martínez wanting out started in the Catalan papers, who are notorious liars and obsessed with Martínez for years and now have heated up thanks to him saying now that his role has "changed" under Guardiola and that he sees himself as a midfielder.

Add to that some Bayern quotes after the RM thrashing about granting Pep his wishes in the transfer market and you have a good story.

Might be that some aren't content with their role but the probability of any of those discussed leaving is very very low, especially because Bayern have ruled out several times that either of them would be sold.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2482
Is city's FFP fine confirmed or is it just rumours?

If the £50m and the reduction of squad players from 25 to 21 is true.. And if they actually have been asked to reduce wage bills then I don't see Sagna going there.. Which is good :/
Managing Bayern is a blessing and curse at the same time. Blessing in the sense that you have brilliant players to work with, but curse in the sense that there's way too many good players in that team and you have to keep every single of them happy.
Original post by SHOO
Is city's FFP fine confirmed or is it just rumours?

If the £50m and the reduction of squad players from 25 to 21 is true.. And if they actually have been asked to reduce wage bills then I don't see Sagna going there.. Which is good :/
They can still appeal of course, I think they are the only ones who are considering doing so. Its not as big deal as it first sounds the £50m is apparently 60m euros spread over 3 seasons, and the wage bill is simply frozen. I'd think Sagna's arrival will be offset by the sale of Richards. Poor form from Sagna if true considering he doesn't stand a chance against Zab, he'd better pick up a cushion on his way.
Ok guy, I'd recommend you save this for next season: https://vine.co/v/M6Xm3KrD5mq
Reply 2486
What do we think of Ozil's first season here?

[video="youtube;VhyF7EM9TQo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhyF7EM9TQo[/video]

To be honest I think he's done well, and there is no way we have seen much of him yet. I think with the right signings, and no injuries next season he could rack up his assists again and be a really really exceptional player. He'll no doubt get stronger and improve his stamina too.. I cant wait
Reply 2487
Original post by Fizzel
They can still appeal of course, I think they are the only ones who are considering doing so. Its not as big deal as it first sounds the £50m is apparently 60m euros spread over 3 seasons, and the wage bill is simply frozen. I'd think Sagna's arrival will be offset by the sale of Richards. Poor form from Sagna if true considering he doesn't stand a chance against Zab, he'd better pick up a cushion on his way.

Spread over three seasons? Ffs.. they should be forced to pay it now. And do you know what the situation is on barca's transfer window ban?
Original post by SHOO

[video="youtube;VhyF7EM9TQo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhyF7EM9TQo[/video]

To be honest I think he's done well, and there is no way we have seen much of him yet. I think with the right signings, and no injuries next season he could rack up his assists again and be a really really exceptional player. He'll no doubt get stronger and improve his stamina too.. I cant wait

Good start to his Arsenal career; it was always gonna be difficult to keep up the way he started. He should definitely get better. His link up play with Ramsey is great and I'm sure he'll do the same with the new striker and even Giroud. I too can't wait to see him next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
Spread over three seasons? Ffs.. they should be forced to pay it now. And do you know what the situation is on barca's transfer window ban?
They are just going to appeal long enough to get the players they want in this window. FIFA have already halted the ban while they investigate and Barca still have another legal challenge remaining. It won't affect them this summer.
Who do you think has been our player of the season?
Original post by SHOO

Wouldn't mind re-opening this can of worms :awesome:

We need to sign someone like Di Maria/Benzema to see Ozil become the assist machine he was at RM tbh. He just won't function well with Giroud because his movement and finishing isn't up to scratch. Walcott will benefit massively next season though, going to put it out there right now that he'll get 25 goals if he stays injury free.

Martinez Ramsey

Walcott Ozil Di Maria

Benzema

Make it happen Arsene, make it happen. Treble winning team :colone:
Original post by little_tom
Who do you think has been our player of the season?

Aaron Ramsey for me, obviously he missed 3 months nearly but he was arguably the best player in England for the first half of the season and since his return we've gone back to looking like a proper team. So important to us now.
Original post by Zürich
Aaron Ramsey for me, obviously he missed 3 months nearly but he was arguably the best player in England for the first half of the season and since his return we've gone back to looking like a proper team. So important to us now.

If Ramsey didn't miss half a season he would be the obvious choice. He was getting "Arsenal Player of the Month" every month...

I would say Mertesacker personally. It was between him and Koscielny. Mert edges it though because of the leadership he's shown - telling off Ozil, screaming at Cazorla at Villa away, etc. and everything he's done off the pitch.

He's the one player that seems to understand what Arsenal is all about (him and Wilshere particularly).
Reply 2494
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Wouldn't mind re-opening this can of worms :awesome:

We need to sign someone like Di Maria/Benzema to see Ozil become the assist machine he was at RM tbh. He just won't function well with Giroud because his movement and finishing isn't up to scratch. Walcott will benefit massively next season though, going to put it out there right now that he'll get 25 goals if he stays injury free.

Martinez Ramsey

Walcott Ozil Di Maria

Benzema

Make it happen Arsene, make it happen. Treble winning team :colone:

LOOOL BRUV!

JUST.. BRUV!

If that happens, I sweaaaaaaaaaaar to god I will wear a different Arsenal t shirt every day of the week and go EVERYWHERE with it

Heck, I'd be that full-kit weirdo.. even the socks haha

DAMN

But no, it wont happen =\
As if Real are gonna sell you three of their players in the space of a year
Even the Ox has the attributes to benefit from Ozil. If we don't sign a winger but get a top striker then wouldn't mind seeing him on the left. I just hate seeing Santi play there, him and Ozil use the same spaces and Santi is always looking to cut in. We definitely can't play them both in big games, it's like were playing with nine men with them both in the team since neither are suited to track back. I appreciate what Santi and Arteta have done for us but they cannot be starting next season if we harbour serious ambitions of the title. If this summer were to go in an ideal manner Santi would be backup to Ozil, Arteta backup to Martinez and Giroud backup to Benzema/Cavani. Would result in us having a pretty strong squad too.
Original post by little_tom
If Ramsey didn't miss half a season he would be the obvious choice. He was getting "Arsenal Player of the Month" every month...

I would say Mertesacker personally. It was between him and Koscielny. Mert edges it though because of the leadership he's shown - telling off Ozil, screaming at Cazorla at Villa away, etc. and everything he's done off the pitch.

He's the one player that seems to understand what Arsenal is all about (him and Wilshere particularly).

Yeah Mertesacker probably does deserve it tbh, so so consistently solid. Even the hammerings we took were not his fault given the ludicrous tactics that left him without a hope. Crucial goal vs Wigan too.

He should get his place back for Germany now, cant see Boateng starting ahead of him, so he's done well.

Mertesacker should be given the armband. He is ze new Tony Adams. :smile:

Original post by TheInvincibles14
Even the Ox has the attributes to benefit from Ozil. If we don't sign a winger but get a top striker then wouldn't mind seeing him on the left. I just hate seeing Santi play there, him and Ozil use the same spaces and Santi is always looking to cut in. We definitely can't play them both in big games, it's like were playing with nine men with them both in the team since neither are suited to track back. I appreciate what Santi and Arteta have done for us but they cannot be starting next season if we harbour serious ambitions of the title. If this summer were to go in an ideal manner Santi would be backup to Ozil, Arteta backup to Martinez and Giroud backup to Benzema/Cavani. Would result in us having a pretty strong squad too.

Cazorla ought to be a squad player for us now, come in vs the small teams and do a job. Doesnt compliment Ozil well at all and doesnt provide enough of a threat in big games. In fact he doesnt do anything in big games. :colonhash:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by manchesterunited15

This is Real we're talking about they don't care. They wanted to sell Di Maria as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by manchesterunited15

Yeah obviously dreaming but you never know if Real get Suarez then Benzema may happen. Wenger's obviously been a long term admirer. Di Maria is pretty unrealistic though I must say, he's been ridiculously good this season.

Latest