The Student Room Group

FP2 june 2013 paper discussion.

Hi guys, since our FP2 exam is about 1 month away. I think it's a good time to discuss about what happened in last year's Fp2 exam.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Hi guys, since our FP2 exam is about 1 month away. I think it's a good time to discuss about what happened in last year's Fp2 exam.

It was a really nice exam, I got 92% in it. Dropped a few marks on the final polar co-ordinate question because I ran out of time but that was it.

Have you got a link to it? I'd like to smash that question. :colone:

Want to post it? I might have a go.
Original post by Khallil
It was a really nice exam, I got 92% in it. Dropped a few marks on the final polar co-ordinate question because I ran out of time but that was it.

Have you got a link to it? I'd like to smash that question. :colone:

I have the questions for both international and UK paper. I have done the International paper and I found out the last question was easy but really annoying.

May I ask you if do you feel FP2 is getting harder and harder every year?
I have the questions for both international and UK paper. I have done the International paper and I found out the last question was easy but really annoying.

May I ask you if do you feel FP2 is getting harder and harder every year?

If possible, PM it to me :wink:

If anything, I'd say the standard has remained the same. FP3 on the other hand, has become progressively more tedious. Some of the answers to last years paper were ridiculous. Have a look at last year's integration question.
I find FP2 pretty straight forwards. I've noticed that most of the questions are easy and then there is one question that is just a slog to get through - e.g. the polar coordinate question on the June '13 R paper.
Original post by Angryification
I find FP2 pretty straight forwards. I've noticed that most of the questions are easy and then there is one question that is just a slog to get through - e.g. the polar coordinate question on the June '13 R paper.

That question was very very annoying. Also, I found out that when I'm doing core 34, I would always have 45+ mins left. However when I do FP23, I only at most have 10 mins left. How can I improve this pace???
Ive been doing a lot of past papers and practice papers. Please help as I need to get an A for further math to meet my offer. Thanks.
Reply 8
The June 13 FP2 paper was pretty easy, I think it was about 65/75 for an A.

I have adapted the old spec papers to current spec if anyone wants them.

I would STRONGLY recommend smashing the review exercises, there are quite a few areas that are very rarely if ever asked.
Original post by Arsey
The June 13 FP2 paper was pretty easy, I think it was about 65/75 for an A.

I have adapted the old spec papers to current spec if anyone wants them.

I would STRONGLY recommend smashing the review exercises, there are quite a few areas that are very rarely if ever asked.

I'll have a go at the review exercises and your adapted papers [thanks!] then - got 12 exams [2 are resits], so time is limiting!
Reply 10
12 exams, that is crazy, why are you doing 12 in one go?
That question was very very annoying. Also, I found out that when I'm doing core 34, I would always have 45+ mins left. However when I do FP23, I only at most have 10 mins left. How can I improve this pace???
Ive been doing a lot of past papers and practice papers. Please help as I need to get an A for further math to meet my offer. Thanks.

I'd say you just need to be solid on algebra - you don't want to waste time on trivial things. Also, get used to all the typical things they can ask. Things like implicit differentiation, squaring the equation for r in polar form etc
Reply 12
Adapted old spec papers
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arsey

Got 3 biology exams, 3 chemistry exams [1 resit each], C3, C4, S2 and I picked up 3 modules for an AS in further maths which I started in January [FP1 FP2 and M1].
Reply 14
Original post by Angryification
Got 3 biology exams, 3 chemistry exams [1 resit each], C3, C4, S2 and I picked up 3 modules for an AS in further maths which I started in January [FP1 FP2 and M1].

ahhh I thought you meant 12 Maths ones, that would be proper hard core. FP1 FP2 and M1 is a very odd combo for AS FM. That said, FP2 should help you with C3 and C4
Reply 15

the more papers you do the quicker you will get.

you need to get fast at differentiation, especially the product rule.
Original post by Arsey
the more papers you do the quicker you will get.

you need to get fast at differentiation, especially the product rule.

Really fast??

And thank you for replying my thread since I believe you are very busy :smile:
Reply 17
Really fast??

And thank you for replying my thread since I believe you are very busy :smile:

you can save a lot of time on the product rule if you get good at it.

rather than writing it out u = v =

you can just split it in two and differentiate either half...
Original post by Arsey
you can save a lot of time on the product rule if you get good at it.

rather than writing it out u = v =

you can just split it in two and differentiate either half...

I dont do that, and I have a question about AEA. Why is the step prep thread going so strong, but how come there's no AEA thread expect the on I created 5 mins ago?
Original post by Arsey

12 is not crazy. :cool:

But 21 is :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest