The Student Room Group

TSR has unrealistic beauty standards. Appreciate these women instead!

The recent thread objectifying women made me realise TSR has unrealistic beauty standards. I fear that some of the young women reading TSR may have been adversely affected by that thread since we cannot compare to those airbrushed images with perfect lighting and makeup. It also tells us our beauty is all that matters, when instead we should be valued for our inner beauty, our education, our careers, our achievements, our strength and independence.

Therefore I am starting this thread to share great, inspiring women that we can look up to.

Marie Curie - won two Nobel Prizes :smile:

Jane Austen - wrote some awesome books :smile:

Andrea Dworkin - promoted women's rights :smile:

Angela Merkel - German Chancellor and most powerful person in Europe :smile:

Hillary Clinton - possibly the next President of the United States :smile:

Oprah Winfrey - talk show host and billionaire :smile:

Women of TSR: you can achieve and do anything! Follow your dreams, ignore the bitter sexless men on TSR, and be awesome! :biggrin:

Everyone: let's start valuing women for their inner beauty and their contributions to the world. Please share your inspiring women in this thread! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol
Reply 2
Ouch. Yuck. No.
Original post by FriendlyLiberal

I understand what you're getting at, but to be honest, your threads are annoying, repetitive and boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Marie Curie 10/10 would bang
Original post by ILovePancakes
I understand what you're getting at, but to be honest, your threads are annoying, repetitive and boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's she getting at?
Reply 7
picard_clapping.gif
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Oprah was the ultimate for poor self image. She was fat and happy then was thin and said she was happier; then she was fat again....went on for years.
That photo of Andrea Dworkin made me hate all women for a brief moment.
God bless America.
Still wouldn't want to **** any of them.
Can't post a photo on my phone but will carry on with the spirit of the thread.

Malala Yousafzai - she was shot in the head going to school and continues to fight for women's rights in education in Pakistan. She's only 17 and has been nominated for a Nobel peace prize.
These women are truly beautiful indeed! Their beauty is not that common beauty of simple prettiness adored and worshipped by the opposite sex and found among most women but a true daring beauty of high intellect and ambition so rare in the average women. It's the only beauty, I believe, worthy admiring. Outward built soon fades and doesn't serve women so well past her prime as a well educated, thinking mind does. Of-course, men are often unappreciative of such beauties.
Lots to choose one, first woman that came to mind:

amelia_banner_newsize.jpg
the first 2 are the only ****able ones.
Original post by buchanan700
Can't post a photo on my phone but will carry on with the spirit of the thread.

Malala Yousafzai - she was shot in the head going to school and continues to fight for women's rights in education in Pakistan. She's only 17 and has been nominated for a Nobel peace prize.

Excellent choice. On a similar theme:

anne-frank-anne-frank-9584748-408-261.jpg
Original post by Genocidal
Still wouldn't want to **** any of them.

Poor them!
Original post by Carpe Vinum
Poor them!

Indeed!

Quick Reply

Latest