The Student Room Group

It's true isn't it?

1399620467761.jpg

Though the one with hitting I don't think is really accurate :lol: I don't think any idiot thinks it's brave if a woman does it. Or at least I hope not.

Scroll to see replies

I'd say it is fairly accurate to be frank
Also, why are men blue and women red? Like what makes a colour feminine/masculine.

Well now it's because it's instilled in society, but when colours were first brought out, who decided what was what?

:lol: bit deep for pre 9am
Reply 3
It's accurate tbh
Reply 4
Sadly, very true. I got some dirty looks (and some fairly nasty comments) at work when I said I would have no problem hitting a woman who hit me first.

Meh. Idiots will be idiots.
Reply 5
It speaks the truth. Women can get so bitchy and insufferable sometimes.
Original post by alow
Sadly, very true. I got some dirty looks (and some fairly nasty comments) at work when I said I would have no problem hitting a woman who hit me first.

Meh. Idiots will be idiots.

Hmmmmm... If one hit me first, I'd probably not hit back, but I'd take them down to stop them hitting anymore.

But yeah, I wouldn't be against a guy hitting back if she started it.

Original post by Stinkum
It speaks the truth. Women can get so bitchy and insufferable sometimes.

Sometimes (read: a lot of the time). It's over silly things as well.
Reply 7
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hmmmmm... If one hit me first, I'd probably not hit back, but I'd take them down to stop them hitting anymore.

But yeah, I wouldn't be against a guy hitting back if she started it.

Yeah I wouldn't hit them if I could avoid it, but I wouldn't just stand there and take it :lol: I would see fighting a woman as no different to fighting a man; if they're prepared to hit you, they should be prepared to get hit back.
Original post by alow
Yeah I wouldn't hit them if I could avoid it, but I wouldn't just stand there and take it :lol: I would see fighting a woman as no different to fighting a man; if they're prepared to hit you, they should be prepared to get hit back.

Yeah, I wouldn't let them claw me up!
Reply 9
For the one on staring at breasts.... That's the only thing that keeps it fun, if it was morally accepted then it wouldn't be a challenge anymore and wouldn't be interesting. :biggrin:
1399620467761.jpg

Though the one with hitting I don't think is really accurate :lol: I don't think any idiot thinks it's brave if a woman does it. Or at least I hope not.

That's the most inaccurate thing I've ever seen.

Women staring at men's crotches is creepy.

Trust me, more often than not, when women report sexual harassment to the police, nothing happens. "What were you wearing, take it as a compliment, etc"

Men are NOT perverted if they suddenly kiss women?! da***

The work/help me thing: it's a question of who's stronger, not gender? Like I have a guy friend who's a stick, when he was moving out I helped carry most of the stuff even though "lol inferior female"

Going into the wrong bathroom is a mistake for everyone. Just get out and go into the right one. It's only creepy if you stay in there and start trying to look over the partitions or something??

Re: splitting the bill - worth to keep in mind that, historically, women weren't even allowed to have bank accounts, and even now earn far less on average than men (for whatever reason). Idk, but if I'm out with someone and I have more money than them on me, then I pay. If I'm out with someone who's filthy rich and I've got like £3 on me, then they pay.

tl;dr: no
Reply 11
That's actually quite sad. I wish there was no such thing as double-standards.
Original post by Катя

Trust me, more often than not, when women report sexual harassment to the police, nothing happens. "What were you wearing, take it as a compliment, etc"

The work/help me thing: it's a question of who's stronger, not gender? Like I have a guy friend who's a stick, when he was moving out I helped carry most of the stuff even though "lol inferior female"

Going into the wrong bathroom is a mistake for everyone. Just get out and go into the right one. It's only creepy if you stay in there and start trying to look over the partitions or something??

Re: splitting the bill - worth to keep in mind that, historically, women weren't even allowed to have bank accounts, and even now earn far less on average than men (for whatever reason). Idk, but if I'm out with someone and I have more money than them on me, then I pay. If I'm out with someone who's filthy rich and I've got like £3 on me, then they pay.

:lol:

Women staring at men's crotches, they think it's playful, flirty, and fun.

Well no, even in case of different builds, people still expect men to do the heavier workload.

:rofl: because men just go into bathrooms and do that.

Yeah, well all these are to you specifically. Generally it's the guy who should be paying. Also, women not being able to have bank accounts, that's not the case now. Women who are paid less, often it's the profession they choose.
Reply 13
Original post by Катя

You're just wrong.

It's become boring watching you argue your way and be overly pedantic about every thing as soon as a topic comes up which tips negatively in favour of women.

In the eyes of the majority of society, the post is fairly accurate and it is as simple as that. That's backed up by the amount of responses so far agreeing with it.
Also, why are men blue and women red? Like what makes a colour feminine/masculine.

Well now it's because it's instilled in society, but when colours were first brought out, who decided what was what?

:lol: bit deep for pre 9am

The other day I was somewhere where the men's toilet door was pink and the women's blue. It was so confusing - I very nearly went into the men's toilets. It's funny how engrained the idea of gendered colours are.
Original post by ArtGoblin
The other day I was somewhere where the men's toilet door was pink and the women's blue. It was so confusing - I very nearly went into the men's toilets. It's funny how engrained the idea of gendered colours are.

It is. I wonder what started it all.
Women like pink. So maybe that's why it's pink for them. Or maybe they like pink cause it's pink for them. Maybe they don't even like pink. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Катя

I broadly agree with you. To be fair there is a grain of truth in some of the examples given, but overall I would say that it more accurately reflects the distorted view that TSR has on society than anything else.
Men get so much stick for being so called misogynists when women are probably more guilty of misandry nowadays.

Men need to be liberated from this misandry of women. :h:

Women staring at men's crotches, they think it's playful, flirty, and fun.

WTF? Not in the universe I live in it isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest