The Student Room Group

It's true isn't it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
It is. I wonder what started it all.

It used to be the other way round. Magazines from as recently as 1939 claim that red should be used for boys and blue for girls. I suppose the growth of consumerism had something to do with it as a whole industry around pregnancy and childhood sprung up. They had something to gain from having boys and girls wearing completely different clothes.
Original post by Stinkum
It speaks the truth. Women can get so bitchy and insufferable sometimes.

FFS. Who'd be a women on TSR?

Watching the male dominated threads ripping women on TSR, presumably by people who will (in some cases) go on to become quite important people in industry, commerce and society, is one of the more depressing things in life.
Original post by ArtGoblin
The other day I was somewhere where the men's toilet door was pink and the women's blue. It was so confusing - I very nearly went into the men's toilets. It's funny how engrained the idea of gendered colours are.

That's right. A couple of years ago I was on a first date and only paid for my half. Her whole body language changed literally within 2 sec, it was like watching someone with multiple personality disorder .
Original post by just a dad
I broadly agree with you. To be fair there is a grain of truth in some of the examples given, but overall I would say that it more accurately reflects the distorted view that TSR has on society than anything else.

WTF? Not in the universe I live in it isn't.

:erm: that image isn't from TSR though is it? To think it gets hundreds of thousands (millions even) of likes/RTs etc shows its what society thinks. Not just TSR.

:lol: what universe do you live in? If the gal is hot, that is what it is seen as. If not, then it's just creepy. (I'm saying what the general opinion is)

It used to be the other way round. Magazines from as recently as 1939 claim that red should be used for boys and blue for girls. I suppose the growth of consumerism had something to do with it as a whole industry around pregnancy and childhood sprung up. They had something to gain from having boys and girls wearing completely different clothes.

Hmmmm... Or maybe because women have their monthly cycles, and that has that colour associated with it.

Or women are bloodthirsty and guys are mellow like the sea? Jk
Original post by TheKingOfTSR
Women like pink. So maybe that's why it's pink for them. Or maybe they like pink cause it's pink for them. Maybe they don't even like pink. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate pink :P

Watching the male dominated threads ripping women on TSR, presumably by people who will (in some cases) go on to become quite important people in industry, commerce and society, is one of the more depressing things in life.

Can't rep you, but I like you!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:erm: that image isn't from TSR though is it? To think it gets hundreds of thousands (millions even) of likes/RTs etc shows its what society thinks. Not just TSR.

:lol: what universe do you live in? If the gal is hot, that is what it is seen as. If not, then it's just creepy. (I'm saying what the general opinion is)

Re the second point, a woman starting at my crotch is creepy regardless of whether or not she looks like Beyonce.

Re the first point, fair enough. I accept that TSR is only reflecting some pretty sad and objectionable views that some people have on the whole male-female dynamic. It's hard for me to judge how representative TSR is of society as a whole, at least in the 16-20 age group.
Some of them are true by society's standards, not by mine e.g- I'd actually kind of liked being kissed suddenly.
-Who the heck gets mad if a guy wants to split the bill? It's sweet if they offered to pay the whole thing but I wouldn't allow that. How dare they try to make me feel guilty! XD
Original post by cah846
Can't rep you, but I like you!

Thank you!
this is inaccurate by 99.9%
Original post by cah846
I hate pink :P

Aww..I pity you. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I broadly agree with you. To be fair there is a grain of truth in some of the examples given, but overall I would say that it more accurately reflects the distorted view that TSR has on society than anything else.

TSR really isn't a very accurate representation of real life, to be fair. I don't know what kind of people OP hangs out with, or if he's just bitter (?), but those things just don't translate to the real world. Maybe in films, ha.
Reply 32

It's a good thing. Personally, I just can't stand them at all. I take my hat off to anyone who can tolerate women.
Original post by WitnessMO
this is inaccurate by 99.9%

Thank you
Original post by UncelDolan
That's right. A couple of years ago I was on a first date and only paid for my half. Her whole body language changed literally within 2 sec, it was like watching someone with multiple personality disorder .

Did you mean to quote me? There are lots of women with this view but it is one that is dying out. I've noticed a lot of working class people are very traditional about this - the men as much as the women. I would personally be very suspicious of a man who insisted on paying for everything because I was a woman because he's obviously got some very old fashioned views about gender relations. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who thought that because they'd be stuff I was expected to do in return for them paying all the time, like doing all the housework.
Original post by Катя
TSR really isn't a very accurate representation of real life, to be fair. I don't know what kind of people OP hangs out with, or if he's just bitter (?), but those things just don't translate to the real world. Maybe in films, ha.

If you could sell bitterness then TSR could make a fortune!
Re the second point, a woman starting at my crotch is creepy regardless of whether or not she looks like Beyonce.

Re the first point, fair enough. I accept that TSR is only reflecting some pretty sad and objectionable views that some people have on the whole male-female dynamic. It's hard for me to judge how representative TSR is of society as a whole, at least in the 16-20 age group.

Lol, creepy to you (and me) but not all.

I'd say it's pretty inaccurate

Original post by Катя

Bitter about what?

People I hang around with... Lol the girls are feminists, and the guys are. Dunno.
Original post by Xyloid
You're just wrong.

It's become boring watching you argue your way and be overly pedantic about every thing as soon as a topic comes up which tips negatively in favour of women.

In the eyes of the majority of society, the post is fairly accurate and it is as simple as that. That's backed up by the amount of responses so far agreeing with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "negatively in favour of women" (?), but surely it's not that surprising that I find the number of "lol women are shallow inferior creatures"-spirited posts on here uncomfortable?

"Lots of people agree with statement statement is right" makes little sense
Did you mean to quote me? There are lots of women with this view but it is one that is dying out. I've noticed a lot of working class people are very traditional about this - the men as much as the women. I would personally be very suspicious of a man who insisted on paying for everything because I was a woman because he's obviously got some very old fashioned views about gender relations. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who thought that because they'd be stuff I was expected to do in return for them paying all the time, like doing all the housework.

I have certainly known men who expect, let's say, more than just housework in return.
Original post by Катя
I'm not sure what you mean by "negatively in favour of women" (?), but surely it's not that surprising that I find the number of "lol women are shallow inferior creatures"-spirited posts on here uncomfortable?

"Lots of people agree with statement statement is right" makes little sense

If majority agree, then surely it is right?

Right is a subjective thing, so if the majority think something (opinion wise) it's true

Quick Reply

Latest