The Student Room Group

It's true isn't it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish

I'd say it's pretty inaccurate

Maybe you're right, at least I hope so. It's certainly true that forums in general will tend to attract the more extreme views.
Original post by just a dad
If you could sell bitterness then TSR could make a fortune!

Who's bitter, the guys or the gals?
If majority agree, then surely it is right?

Right is a subjective thing, so if the majority think something (opinion wise) it's true

Not sure that I agree with that. Institutionalised racism, for example, is never 'right'. Is capital punishment 'right'?
Original post by Stinkum
It's a good thing. Personally, I just can't stand them at all. I take my hat off to anyone who can tolerate women.

Jesus Christ, I feel bad for your future wife
Original post by Stinkum
It's a good thing. Personally, I just can't stand them at all. I take my hat off to anyone who can tolerate women.

Is that what you'd say to your daughter?
Original post by UncelDolan
Who's bitter, the guys or the gals?

IMO, and that's all it is, I'd say that there is far more bitterness expressed by males than females on here.

Not that any gender has a monopoly, but that's how it comes over.
IMO, and that's all it is, I'd say that there is far more bitterness expressed by males than females on here.

Not that any gender has a monopoly, but that's how it comes over.

Why do you think that is?
Women should just embrace being a collective bunch of ass holes seeing as everyone thinks we are anyway.

I've been doing it for some time now - it's way more liberating than being able to vote.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Катя
Is that what you'd say to your daughter?

I'd never say that directly to anyone. I'd just minimise contact with them to reduce my stress level, they just annoy me to no end. So I just try to avoid them as best as I can. When daughters grow up, they tend to become just like their mothers, and your life becomes hell, doubly miserable and doubly stressful.
Reply 49
Original post by Катя
I'm not sure what you mean by "negatively in favour of women" (?), but surely it's not that surprising that I find the number of "lol women are shallow inferior creatures"-spirited posts on here uncomfortable?

"Lots of people agree with statement statement is right" makes little sense

I think you do know what I meant because you're not stupid. You're just a pedant.

You're implying that I made out it was definitively right, which I didn't. At the same time it's not definitely wrong like you made it out to be in your original post. All I've said is that the majority of society would agree with the picture and if these majority are the people involved in relationships or being employed in the police force, the former alone covers most of the UK. So it's not entirely incorrect to agree with the picture OP posted.
I have certainly known men who expect, let's say, more than just housework in return.

Yeah exactly - every time there is a thread on TSR about someone considering using a sex worker, someone will say "It's cheaper than taking a woman out on a date and buying her meal/drinks/taxi".
Reply 51
1399620467761.jpg

Though the one with hitting I don't think is really accurate :lol: I don't think any idiot thinks it's brave if a woman does it. Or at least I hope not.

It's a double standard

[video="youtube;dkZ_sPlruus"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkZ_sPlruus[/video]
Also, why are men blue and women red? Like what makes a colour feminine/masculine.

Well now it's because it's instilled in society, but when colours were first brought out, who decided what was what?

:lol: bit deep for pre 9am

Well that is no mystery and can be explained simply.

All humans hate to see blood. All humans like to see the sky.

All humans hate the colour of blood. All humans like the colour of the sky.
But why do we like blue and they red?

The answer lies in our eyes. They are different so different like how a penis is different to a vagina.

When we see red we see red. But females see red as blue. But as MEN set the names we name it RED so their Blue they HAVE to call RED. We see blood as red but females see it as blue. So they hate blue and we hate red.

When we see blue we see blue. But females see it as red. But as MEN set the names we name it BLUE so their red they HAVE to call BLUE. We see the skies as blue but females see it as red. So they love red and we love blue.

They see this post as RED but have to call it BLUE.

Now we can’t go debating about this with a female. Remember our eyes are different. It’s a blessing.
I don't think that's fair. You're comparing select attitudes which come from different groups of people - as though they are from one group which is being hypocritical. I presume you think this group is "women"? As in "women want it both ways". It seems to be a common fallacy which crops up on this site. It's basically criticising people who are in support of sex equality (and what they stand for), for the prevailing sexism that others hold - as though they are responsible for it (is this because you imagine all women are on one "team"?).

Framing this debate as "women vs men" (and casting women as self-favouring sexists, as though the ones who are feminists are the same ones who hold onto Victorian ideas about how men should treat women) when it is really "people with sensible non-sexist attitudes vs jerks/imbeciles (of either gender)", is dishonest and sexist.

Take, for example, those women (and men) who think men splitting the bill is "cheap". These aren't the same people who think a woman splitting the bill is admirable. They would be critical of a woman splitting the bill as "pushy", "feminist", "masculine" etc.

It's a bit like me quoting UKIP on their views on immigration, and then quoting labour, and saying "look what hypocritical views society has about immigration" - well no... because those views aren't being held by the same people at the same time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not sure that I agree with that. Institutionalised racism, for example, is never 'right'. Is capital punishment 'right'?

Capital punishment still exists, so it is right to those who choose to use it. I personally am against it in most cases.
Eww. Why would you just stare at a random guy's crotch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Катя
Jesus Christ, I feel bad for your future wife

From reading his post, you really think he wants a wife? Hookers would probably be enough for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArtGoblin
Yeah exactly - every time there is a thread on TSR about someone considering using a sex worker, someone will say "It's cheaper than taking a woman out on a date and buying her meal/drinks/taxi".

I don't think it's misogynistic to have a tacit expectation that sex is at least on the cards if you are dating someone. What would be the point of agreeing to a date with someone you're not sexually attracted to?

It's an unhappy fact that some people, of both genders, see relationships as a transaction.
Original post by scrotgrot
I don't think it's misogynistic to have a tacit expectation that sex is at least on the cards if you are dating someone. What would be the point of agreeing to a date with someone you're not sexually attracted to?

It's an unhappy fact that some people, of both genders, see relationships as a transaction.

Totally fine to want to have sex with someone you're dating. Not cool to treat all women like prostitutes.
Original post by ArtGoblin
Totally fine to want to have sex with someone you're dating. Not cool to treat all women like prostitutes.

No, but there is such a thing as an economic analysis of people's capacity to deliver some value, for example the efficiency of labour in a company. This is dehumanising to the people, but necessary in certain contexts. The trick is not to let it take precedence over the humane treatment of the actual people.

I would not say that the guy saying that was a paragon of virtue, but I would argue that given it was in response to someone making an explicit money-sex transaction there was some salience in making the comparison in terms of "amount of money (probably) needed to (likely) result in sex"

Quick Reply

Latest