The Student Room Group

What is WRONG with people?

I was just browsing the BBC News site when I came across this article. By now I am almost immune to the idiocy of people, but this story really struck me.

What is the mentality of those people who think it is ok to harass and intimidate a blind person on the street? Do they think it's ok?

Also, I'd like to know what punishment people think the perpetrators would get (if caught), and will that be satisfactory, in your opinion?

Article:

Spoiler

Granted, it's not the most serious issue we face as a society at the moment, but it is disturbingly cruel and heartless, don't you think?

Scroll to see replies

It's actually natural law that people pick on the weak and vulnerable.
The gaschamber would be too good for these ********s.
Reply 3
It's sad. I know a blind man who once went to the park on a special celebratory occasion to enjoy some ice cream, and he was assaulted and robbed by chavs. I was outraged and felt really bad for him. This is the kind of society we are living in. Chavs and criminal scum do not care about how their actions affect others, and they'll never change.
Well there we have UK plc in a nutshell. what a terrible way for people to behave.
Original post by Boltons Bastard

it is not a law. people choose to behave like *****
Original post by the bear
it is not a law. people choose to behave like *****

The law of nature is ​a law.
The law of nature is ​a law.

no... it is just how people like you make excuses for bad behavior.
Oh that's awful I'm glad it's stopped now :frown: some people are such bastards and really don't care about how their actions impact others it just 'me, me' me' :unimpressed:
Original post by the bear
no... it is just how people like you make excuses for bad behavior.

Nah. :smile:
Why are you surprised by stories like this?

People don't have the same mindset as you, yes it's a shame and sad to see but this world and the people in it are so corrupt

I'm no longer shocked when I read stories like this.
Hmm....I wonder if they would like to experience the loss of their sight.

Everything is a natural law to some extent, but actually altruism is deeply ingrained into our evolution. You see it everywhere in animals, and they once found a human caveman skeleton from about 50,000 years ago that had been killed as part of a family by an accidental cave-in - it showed evidence of severe disability, but also that it had been cared for since birth despite (presumably) being of no use to a set of hunter-gatherers.

The teenagers' behaviour is entirely natural, but so is our desire to protect the woman and take revenge on the teenagers. Civilisation arose from natural law.
(edited 9 years ago)
They are just utilising their freedom of speech, to stop this sort of thing is just political correctness gone mad!!!
the saddest story i can recall recently was the poor Iranian man who was murdered by chavs in Bristol. he had planted some flowers to cheer up his hovel; naturally the chavs destroyed them... things escalated from there.
Reply 15
I don't know what they'd hope to gain from being like that. It would be much cooler to actually be nice to people who are struggling - say good morning to them, make them feel welcome and safe.
Original post by Octohedral
Everything is a natural law to some extent, but actually altruism is deeply ingrained into our evolution. You see it everywhere in animals, and they once found a human caveman skeleton from about 50,000 years ago that had been killed as part of a family by an accidental cave-in - it showed evidence of severe disability, but also that it had been cared for since birth despite (presumably) being of no use to a set of hunter-gatherers.

The teenagers' behaviour is entirely natural, but so is our desire to protect the woman and take revenge on the teenagers. Civilisation arose from natural law.

There are obvious things you are forgetting.

What part of "natural law" is taunting others?
Original post by Octohedral

ermmm no... this cruel taunting is learned behavior. they learn it off the telly and from their scummy families.
There are obvious things you are forgetting.

If you mean the fact animals rip each others' throats out, I never denied that - I'm saying it's illogical to use that to justify picking on a blind woman.

If there is 'natural law' and 'man-made law', where did the man-made law come from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending