The Student Room Group

Higher Physics LO3 Help!

Are LO3s marked out of a certain number or are they just pass or fail and do they count towards your final grade?

Also, your overall grade, does it just depend on the final exam or are there other aspects which contribute to it?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by It'sTriggy
Are LO3s marked out of a certain number or are they just pass or fail and do they count towards your final grade?

Also, your overall grade, does it just depend on the final exam or are there other aspects which contribute to it?

Thanks!

LO3's are just something you need to do. To a set standard so it is kind of pass or fail but you can really just do keep changing it till you get it correct. They dont contribute to your grade, only your final exam out of 90 does.

If you want to know anything else about the course just ask.
Reply 2
Original post by It'sTriggy

Thanks!

They don't mean anything there was a class at my school this year who didn't even do one because the teacher was behind and he said it was a waste of time.
Original post by FizzicsGuy
They don't mean anything there was a class at my school this year who didn't even do one because the teacher was behind and he said it was a waste of time.

I had no idea you even had to do an LO3 for Higher Physics. I did Higher Physics. :lol:
Reply 4
Thanks everyone!
Sorry for posting in an old thread, but I'm very worried about my physics LO3.
I didn't do it, and I totally forgot about it until now.
I think my teacher forgot about it as well, as he stopped asking for it.
Can I still sit the exam if I didn't do it? Will it affect my grade?
Are they externally assessed? Or can I just ignore it, and forget about it?
Original post by Delenelie
Sorry for posting in an old thread, but I'm very worried about my physics LO3.
I didn't do it, and I totally forgot about it until now.
I think my teacher forgot about it as well, as he stopped asking for it.
Can I still sit the exam if I didn't do it? Will it affect my grade?
Are they externally assessed? Or can I just ignore it, and forget about it?

I think you should be able to ignore it and you'll be fine. The SQA don't even need to see them and they don't contribute towards you final grade. You should be totally fine if you just forget about it.

Good luck in the exam. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Tbh I never even knew you had to do one until a few days ago.
It was probably because I started all of my highers this September, and as I'm doing 3 sciences, my techer never said anything.
Same for Human Bio.

So I guess it's not that big of a deal. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending