The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andrea199
I have no idea how to do it on here :/ so email would be better! Ye I think it was that one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by womanonamission
Hi there!

Thank you for the info! I haven't received anything! And I can't believe they have only just sent the info out! I really don't know how I'm going to fit 15 days into my schedule before the children break up! I don't suppose you could forward me the email could you? If I message you my e-mail address? Let me know, thank you! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry bout late reply! glad you've got email sorted x
Original post by cutebat
sorry bout late reply! glad you've got email sorted x

That's ok Hun, no worries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5883
Original post by Samus2
Yes. When it comes to how much it's worth, don't worry about different years being worth different things. I do 6 modules a year for years one and two at 20 credits each and in my third year I do two 20 credit modules and two 40 credit modules - each 20 credit module was 5.5 and the 40 credit ones were 11

Thank you :smile: so I'm gonna have to use some maths skills to work out how much each module was worth for the 3 year degree!
Original post by ST10
Thank you :smile: so I'm gonna have to use some maths skills to work out how much each module was worth for the 3 year degree!

I just put the credits down. I got interviews and a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5885
Original post by jeffercake
I just put the credits down. I got interviews and a place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only know what each module was worth for the year (so each year there was 120 credits, and so I can tell you how much each module is worth for that year i.e. 20) Is that alright?
Reply 5886
me again! For the English grade what do we put? I have two GCSE's for English - one for English and one for English Lit. Do I just put the English grade, and then put the English Lit grade in the other GCSE category? thanks for any help!
Original post by ST10
I only know what each module was worth for the year (so each year there was 120 credits, and so I can tell you how much each module is worth for that year i.e. 20) Is that alright?

Yeh, like literally every single one of my modules was worth 20 credits so I just put "20" next to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ST10
me again! For the English grade what do we put? I have two GCSE's for English - one for English and one for English Lit. Do I just put the English grade, and then put the English Lit grade in the other GCSE category? thanks for any help!

English language and then you can put English lit as another GCSE.
Reply 5889
Original post by jeffercake
Yeh, like literally every single one of my modules was worth 20 credits so I just put "20" next to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by cutebat
English language and then you can put English lit as another GCSE.

Thank you both so much for the help :smile:
hi guys on last attempt for maths now to all or nothing did u find the real test similar to numeracy ready ??? pressures on eeekkk
Original post by donnaxx1991
hi guys on last attempt for maths now to all or nothing did u find the real test similar to numeracy ready ??? pressures on eeekkk

I found the real test easier than numeracy ready. In my opinion, if your passing numeracy ready you should be fine.

Use YouTube videos (type in numeracy skills test practice), they seriously worked for me. They break each question down for you, and DONT move on to the next question until you know the answer and how they worked it out.

I wish you the best of luck, if you need any help or advice let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5892
Hi All!

Ive got a conditional offer (waiting on dissertation result for BA Hons) for Swansea Met Primary PGCE for Sept - anybody else coming to Swansea? Be nice to get to know some people before September!!

Ree xx
Good luck to all doing the Numeracy and literacy tests. Remember doing mine.

Looking forward to meeting up with fellow students at BCU on 23rd. ;-)
I found the real test easier than numeracy ready. In my opinion, if your passing numeracy ready you should be fine.

Use YouTube videos (type in numeracy skills test practice), they seriously worked for me. They break each question down for you, and DONT move on to the next question until you know the answer and how they worked it out.

I wish you the best of luck, if you need any help or advice let me know

Thanks a million just looking for tips and advive that have worked for people ill try anything willing to work hard to pass thanks so much
Reply 5895
Original post by brummysaint
Good luck to all doing the Numeracy and literacy tests. Remember doing mine.

Looking forward to meeting up with fellow students at BCU on 23rd. ;-)

Hi, I am starting at BCU in September, a few of us are in a group on Facebook if you'd like to join it https://m.facebook.com/groups/725110767513368
I'm also attending on the 23rd :smile:
Please help need advice!
i'm starting my PGCE this September. I will not be working but my partner does, he won't earn more than 16,000 this year, we have two children under 4 so will need full timechildcare. We are not entitled to working tax credit childcare. It says online I would be entitled to 85% of my childcare to be payed for but depend of my partners income but it says nowhere online what the cut off point is. If we don't get the childcare grant I won't be able to do the course :-( can anyone tell me any info or are you in similar position to me and been awarded the childcare grant, or any other grant. Thanks
Reply 5897
Original post by Lucy_jucie
Please help need advice!
i'm starting my PGCE this September. I will not be working but my partner does, he won't earn more than 16,000 this year, we have two children under 4 so will need full timechildcare. We are not entitled to working tax credit childcare. It says online I would be entitled to 85% of my childcare to be payed for but depend of my partners income but it says nowhere online what the cut off point is. If we don't get the childcare grant I won't be able to do the course :-( can anyone tell me any info or are you in similar position to me and been awarded the childcare grant, or any other grant. Thanks

How many hours a week will your partner be working? if it's over 16 p/w you should get working tax credits? Ive used the student finance calculator to work out what I'd be entitled to. Between that and tax credits calculator I'm hoping I've got a reasonable idea of what money I'll have coming in - I'm a single mum and will need childcare for before and after school for my son!
Hi,
yes but because I'm classed as unemployed to working tax credits we will get no childcare help at all :-( I just don't understand it, our childcare would cost more than what my partner earns. I feel let down and trapped really as we don't earn enough to be able to pay for full time childcare. I'm going to Darlington in person on Friday to speak to someone about it as it's crazy
Reply 5899
Original post by Lucy_jucie
Hi,
yes but because I'm classed as unemployed to working tax credits we will get no childcare help at all :-( I just don't understand it, our childcare would cost more than what my partner earns. I feel let down and trapped really as we don't earn enough to be able to pay for full time childcare. I'm going to Darlington in person on Friday to speak to someone about it as it's crazy

If you wont get childcare element of tax credits you are entitled to childcare grant from student finance. I'm sure there will be a way around it! Does the university itself have any childcare attached to it?

Latest

Trending

Trending