The Student Room Group

Can a naturally unattractive guy become attractive?

I am what most people would class as unattractive. I have a spotty face (not like acne, but little red spots and some big ones :frown: ) and my facial features are out of proportion and my head is a strange shape when you look from the side.

Obviously I can't change most of this stuff so I was wondering if it's possible for a naturally unattractive guy to become attractive?

Scroll to see replies

yes.

Visit a dermatologist, and see what s/he can do.
Original post by Anonymous
I am what most people would class as unattractive. I have a spotty face (not like acne, but little red spots and some big ones :frown: ) and my facial features are out of proportion and my head is a strange shape when you look from the side.

Obviously I can't change most of this stuff so I was wondering if it's possible for a naturally unattractive guy to become attractive?

Well you might grow into your looks more, but yes to your question, because being an attractive male is about way more than how your face looks. Most importantly, are you confident? Funny? Make a girl feel safe? Good body?
Reply 3
It isn't about how you look. As a teenage girl I can safely say I don't like boys who are rude. It doesn't matter how attractive you are . They can be an Abercrombie & Fitch model for all I care but if you aren't nice then I won't even considering being with you. This is also the same on the other side. If you are nice it doesn't matter what you look like. Someone out there is gonna look at a guy like you and think you are perfect for them. Don't feel like you should ever change. You aren't unattractive because someone out there thinks you are perfect. Do not waste your time with thinking you need to change or aren't good enough. I think you are dude.
Reply 4
Two words: Neville Longbottom
Andrew Lloyd-Weber's string of pretty hot ex-wives say yes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just be yourself dude. People will like for who you really are.
Maybe you'll grow to your looks? I saw a guy the other day I knew from primary school and I was like phwoooar :drool:
Yes

I'm not saying that women don't care about looks at all, but they care about other stuff much more

this doesn't mean becoming a suck-up though :colonhash:

Original post by Per
Two words: Neville Longbottom

I just googled that and my goodness...
Having a lot of money does the trick for a lot of people...
You may be unattractive to some but there is probably people out there who do actually find you attractive - everyone is different and have their own preferences. And also I've found that when someone has an amazing personality you either overlook their appearance or even sometimes the person in your eyes become attractive...
Original post by Iman Rage
If you are nice it doesn't matter what you look like. e.

More untrue words have never been spoken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VanDarth
You may be unattractive to some but there is probably people out there who do actually find you attractive - everyone is different and have their own preferences. And also I've found that when someone has an amazing personality you either overlook their appearance or even sometimes the person in your eyes become attractive...

I completely agree once you start to like someones personality you begin to like things about their appearance. To some you may not seem attractive however to someone else your personality amplifies your looks and makes you soo much more attractive. I mean let's be honest here how many people have you found really attractive who aren't the most beautiful human beings but you've liked them anyway because their personalities made them hotter. I can only speak for myself and say loads. GO for it dude. You have got this
A highly rated plastic surgeon

Obviously dont overdo it or you'd turn into a ghoul
you're probably not unattractive but your self esteem seems really low :frown:
"spots" are not a big deal honestly!
superficial people would say they were but it's all about your personality as it sounds!
the most "ugliest" of people as society would deem them are actually the most attractive as they have dynamite personalities!
if you geninuelly feel you can't get any more attractive (which is probably highly untrue) work on other aspects of yourself - learn a new hobby! broaden your tastes, know yourself and be happy!
Girls love happy boys!
things to help you feel better about yourself: see a doctor for your spots if they make you feel bad, improve your skills you already possess, get fit! doing exercise always makes people feel fab! hang around with people who make you feel good! and you will soon realise you aren't unattractive in the slightest! :smile: not everyone is so obsessed with looks!
and there is someone out there for everyone!
Keep smiling!
Reply 15
Original post by Iman Rage
It isn't about how you look. As a teenage girl I can safely say I don't like boys who are rude. It doesn't matter how attractive you are . They can be an Abercrombie & Fitch model for all I care but if you aren't nice then I won't even considering being with you. This is also the same on the other side. If you are nice it doesn't matter what you look like. Someone out there is gonna look at a guy like you and think you are perfect for them. Don't feel like you should ever change. You aren't unattractive because someone out there thinks you are perfect. Do not waste your time with thinking you need to change or aren't good enough. I think you are dude.

I know quite a few guys whom I'd consider to be rude and annoying (they think they're god's gift to mankind) as well as mindbogglingly boring (party'n'**** is pretty much the only thing that they do or care about). Yet many girls find them very attractive for obvious reasons (they look very good).
Original post by Anonymous

Definitely. People grow into the way they look, if you are under 25 you have nothing to worry about you will probably grow into your features.

carlisomes is right, if you want to see if you can do anything about your skin visit a dermatologist. But that will also probably fade over time - just don't pick your spots because scars will not fade so easily.

Like everyone else is saying, most decent people will consider your personality not just your looks. If you want to date someone be friends with them and if there's chemistry between your personalities then you have a much better chance.

Main thing you can affect is good hygiene - nothing is less attractive then a guy who stinks. So make sure you shower and wash your hair often and use deodorant. Not trying to imply you don't already do that :tongue: But it's amazing how many guys seem to think that's not important :')
workout. haircut. flattering clothes.

Provided you don't look like Dobby the house elf you should be able to get yourself above average with those 3 things.
Honestly working out is a MASSIVE factor. When I get in shape (in summer usally) I get x10 more attention from girls than I do when I'm not working out.

Original post by Eques
I know quite a few guys whom I'd consider to be rude and annoying (they think they're god's gift to mankind) as well as mindbogglingly boring (party'n'**** is pretty much the only thing that they do or care about). Yet many girls find them very attractive for obvious reasons (they look very good).

They probably think you're boring too
(edited 9 years ago)
Neville Longbottom. Nuff' said.
Reply 19
You'll be alright, lad. It's going to be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending