The Student Room Group

Poetry Revision Guide - Edexcel English Lit AS

Wondering if anyone knows of, or is planning to revise using a Poetry Revision Guide or something of the sort for the Edexcel English Lit As exam this Year (16th May) - I am doing the Work Anthology.

I need some good points on the poems, yet asides for some poor points from my teachers and from myself, I don't really have enough to revise from. So how are other people planning to revise for the seen poetry - even if not work? What type of notes?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by sidney1
Wondering if anyone knows of, or is planning to revise using a Poetry Revision Guide or something of the sort for the Edexcel English Lit As exam this Year (16th May) - I am doing the Work Anthology.

I need some good points on the poems, yet asides for some poor points from my teachers and from myself, I don't really have enough to revise from. So how are other people planning to revise for the seen poetry - even if not work? What type of notes?

Thanks

Hey! No, I am not aware of any revision guide for poetry but it seems like a good idea!! I am doing Land poetry and I am struggling to revise for it too. What books are you doing? I am doing Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea :smile:
Reply 2
My technique I guess will be to just simply go through the poems and link up two poems together and draw 4 or 5 links between them and leave it at that. Then try and use that for any question they ask!

I am doing Howards End and Shooting Party.... :smile:
Reply 3
Doing Jane Eyre and Edward Thomas Poetry >.<
Reply 4
Original post by sidney1
My technique I guess will be to just simply go through the poems and link up two poems together and draw 4 or 5 links between them and leave it at that. Then try and use that for any question they ask!

I am doing Howards End and Shooting Party.... :smile:

Yeah, that's sounds like a good idea! I just hope we don't get any vague questions!!!
Original post by Taraqs
Hey! No, I am not aware of any revision guide for poetry but it seems like a good idea!! I am doing Land poetry and I am struggling to revise for it too. What books are you doing? I am doing Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea :smile:

Hi! I'm doing Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea! Which one you prefer? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by EnglishLitNerd
Hi! I'm doing Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea! Which one you prefer? :smile:

I prefer Jane Eyre! My teacher is not very good so I am writing notes out myself and I haven't got many wide Sargasso Sea notes :frown:
Original post by Taraqs
I prefer Jane Eyre! My teacher is not very good so I am writing notes out myself and I haven't got many wide Sargasso Sea notes :frown:

Me too! I feel like Wide Sargasso Sea ruins my vision of Mr Rochester :frown:

If your having trouble with notes for WSS then you may find the link below useful. Brilliant website for all things concerning literature:

http://www.shmoop.com/wide-sargasso-sea/
Reply 8
Me too! I feel like Wide Sargasso Sea ruins my vision of Mr Rochester :frown:

If your having trouble with notes for WSS then you may find the link below useful. Brilliant website for all things concerning literature:

http://www.shmoop.com/wide-sargasso-sea/

Yeah, Rochester was an idiot in WSS! and thanks, the website is great!! :smile: What themes do you think will come up?
Original post by Taraqs
Yeah, Rochester was an idiot in WSS! and thanks, the website is great!! :smile: What themes do you think will come up?

I have honestly no idea! Although I am keeping my fingers crossed for anything to do with romance/differences in social classes or use of motifs. What about you?
Reply 10
I have honestly no idea! Although I am keeping my fingers crossed for anything to do with romance/differences in social classes or use of motifs. What about you?

Not too sure but it could be about male characters ( Byronic heroes?) or weather ( my teacher said that) but I don't see how you can write something on weather, it would just be pathetic fallacy all the time!!
I dobt think it would be social class as that came up last year but it could be romance or motifs... What other motifs are there? ( I can only think about the fire and ice one! :s-smilie:)
I'm doing the Work Anthology (Here to Eternity) - I've just gone through the poems and searched for analytical notes on the internet. What questions do you think will come up?
Reply 12
Does anyone who is doing Land Poetry (the Rattlebag) have any ideas on what might come up?
Reply 13
Original post by Taraqs
Does anyone who is doing Land Poetry (the Rattlebag) have any ideas on what might come up?

I'm doing land but no idea which anthology :confused: What poems do you have?

Not even 2 days left guys! How's revision going? Anyone else doing Pride and Prejudice + Yellow wallpaper?
Reply 14
Are any of you up for skype chat revision/discussion?
Reply 15
Original post by Navo D.
I'm doing land but no idea which anthology :confused: What poems do you have?

Not even 2 days left guys! How's revision going? Anyone else doing Pride and Prejudice + Yellow wallpaper?

I have crossing the water, as the teams head brass, stopping by woods etc...
Reply 16
Original post by Navo D.
Are any of you up for skype chat revision/discussion?

I haven't got Skype but we could chat about land poems? ( if you do the same ones as me!!! )
Hello, haven't seen a thread for this yet; i am doing Home poetry and Brighton Rock and Clockwork orange, please feel free to discuss and any help necessary, thanks :smile: In desperate need of help !!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending