The Student Room Group

Was sir Alex ferguson a racist ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Handles
I don't know what the "born offside" comment means, but they just sound like non-offensive stereotypes, to me, if that.

Pippo Inzaghi is pretty notorious for spending the whole game deliberately standing in offside positions so defenders couldn't know where he was, as a result he's been caught offside more times than any other player in Champions League history iirc

Original post by ReturnoftheG
Black and african players both are technically and mentally inferior compared to their European counterparts and rely on their physique to keep up.

Tell me again how awful Yaya Toure has been this season...

-x-

I don't think SAF was racist, but he IS probably one of the most stubborn men in the history of the world.
Reply 21
Has Kenny Dalglish ever signed a black player?
Reply 22
Ferguson went on record as to why he didn't buy African players.

He recognised that some of them were excellent - some were the best around.

But he didn't fancy losing his best players at a critical time of the season to the African Cup of Nations - unlike some rival clubs - and that gave him an edge year after year.
Original post by TRS-T
Has Kenny Dalglish ever signed a black player?

John Barnes when at Newcastle for one.

And at least one Hispanic player in Solano (I think he was a Dalglish rather than Guilit signing but might be wrong).

Original post by carlisomes
So he had to play players from Africa, because he can look PC and tolerant?

er..OK, he signed:

- Ince
- Paul Parker
- Andy Cole
- Dwight Yorke
- Rio Ferdinand
- Eric Djemba Djemba
- Patrice Evra

Some of these are his best ever players in his tenure (IMHO Ince, Yorke, Rio and Evra).

And Wenger? the only decent Africans he ever has signed are Kanu, Wiltord, maybe Nasri (if you mean Africa as a whole and not black Africa) and Lauren.

but this made a good laugh lol..

Cole was twice the striker Yorke was. When did Yorke last score 30+ goals in a Premier League season? Don't get me wrong, he was a quality player too, but as an icon of the first decade of the Premier League Cole gets the nod.

And Black doesn't equal African. Yorke, from example, is from Trinidad and Tobago.

And some of the players, namely the ones actually from Africa, were among his worst signings. Which is the point.
Technically Arsenal do have Miyaichi and Chu Young Park (on loan to Watford) but yeah...

Original post by Jkizer
.... You are a fool. From the top of my head....

Manucho
Mame biram diouf
Djemba djemba
And suppose to sign john obi mikel but he ended up at Chelsea

Is the entire premier league racist aside from United, Arsenal and Southampton for not having an Asian player ?
Original post by River85

Cole was twice the striker Yorke was. When did Yorke last score 30+ goals in a Premier League season? Don't get me wrong, he was a quality player too, but as an icon of the first decade of the Premier League Cole gets the nod.

Andy Cole came through the Arsenal youth academy...

...not alot of people know that
Original post by Zürich
Andy Cole came through the Arsenal youth academy...

...not alot of people know that

I do.

Arsenal, Bristol City, Newcastle, Manchester United, Blackburn, Fulham, City...

Spent time on loan at Fulham when at Arsenal, I think?
Original post by River85
I do.

Arsenal, Bristol City, Newcastle, Manchester United, Blackburn, Fulham, City...

Spent time on loan at Fulham when at Arsenal, I think?

Well before my time tbf, but I remember he used to get some stick at Highbury over it :colondollar:
If Fergie was racist he wouldn't have tried to grope that African girl a few years back! Haha
What kind of thread is this? :erm:
Reply 30
He can't pronounce racist so does that make him even more of a wacists?
He's white and is therefore a racist who needs to check his privilege.

Quick Reply

Latest