The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by De Chirico
Remember reading a Malaga fan forum when we signed Monreal. They were all gutted he was leaving, saying what a good defender he was etc. Got me excited, but tbh his arsenal career has been pretty disappointing so far. Same Gibbs can't stay fit as he fills me with a lot more confidence despite not being perfect himself.

He's not that bad, Andre Santos was ****ing awful.
Does anyone know when we'll be able to purchase the new puma kit?
Reply 2622
Original post by Mad_Study
Does anyone know when we'll be able to purchase the new puma kit?

I do not. I will not. Neither should you but it's your choice.
Original post by 419
I do not. I will not. Neither should you but it's your choice.

Are you saying You're not going to but the kit? If so why7
Reply 2624
Original post by sevchenko
Are you saying You're not going to but the kit? If so why7

Yes. I'm not 12.
Original post by 419
Yes. I'm not 12.

That's a bit harsh. What do you wear to games then? I usually wear just wear an T shirt
I had the O2 kit and continued to wear that shirt even though we were signed by the emirates for a few years.

Ahh the days of being a child

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
Yes. I'm not 12.

Na man its not about being immature first PUMA kit. Need to have it
Anything piece of merchandise above a red/white scarf for anyone above 12 is a big no no.

That's a bit harsh. What do you wear to games then? I usually wear just wear an T shirt

Got some GOAT £5 t-shirts that have 'Norf London' and 'Holloway boys' on the front of it. Wear them in the summer. In winter, red shirt with trench coat and red/white scarf. Got that casual terrace style locked down.

Must admit I did pay alot of money once for the 2006 Highbury replica, but I still have that in the special edition box and plan on keeping it in pristine condition for life :moon:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2629

Just a t shirt as well.
Original post by 419
Just a t shirt as well.

Ah fair enough. You can deny the good memories and replica kits. I remember writing OWEN on my 2002 England world cup shirt with a black permanent marker. I ruined the front and back of the shirt. My dad never brought me a replica kit ever again. That world Cup was jokes, England and Nigeria were in the same group
So that's Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Szcz, Wilshere, Ramsey, and Walcott we've managed to get on upgraded contracts in the last two years. Am I missing anyone?

Reply 2632
Original post by little_tom
So that's Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Szcz, Wilshere, Ramsey, and Walcott we've managed to get on upgraded contracts in the last two years. Am I missing anyone?

Jenko if he counts. Gnabry (he's a first teamer for me).

Theo's need an upgrade though because he's only got 2 years left.
Original post by 419
Theo's need an upgrade though because he's only got 2 years left.

Didn't he only just sign one last season? Remember all that fuss about him being played up front etc.
Reply 2634
Original post by sr90
Didn't he only just sign one last season? Remember all that fuss about him being played up front etc.

Yeah, he signed one in January but according to reports, it was only a 3 and a half year deal. So by the start of next season, it'll be 2 years/ season left. 18 months sure did went fast.
Original post by 419
Yeah, he signed one in January but according to reports, it was only a 3 and a half year deal. So by the start of next season, it'll be 2 years/ season left. 18 months sure did went fast.

Watch him demand whatever Ozil is on. :colonhash:
Original post by Mr Smurf
Watch him demand whatever Ozil is on. :colonhash:

Tbf as the main source of goals, main source of threat and great number of assists not to mention some of the best in te league for goals and assists. The problem arises when we consider his fitness tho..otherwise he deserves it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone seen this Serge Aurier geezer play? I've bought on FM loads of times, and he never disappoints. Apart from that I know nothing of him :biggrin:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Anyone seen this Serge Aurier geezer play? I've bought on FM loads of times, and he never disappoints. Apart from that I know nothing of him :biggrin:.

I like him, but I still have mixed feelings over who we should sign, since he has to replace Sagna. There's not that many players in the market that can match him for consistency. I would rather have Coleman but we know that's not going to happen.

One thing that we need to consider is that if we sign him, he would be at the ACON next year. That means we will miss him for the most important part of the season, and have to use Bellerin or Jenkinson in some big game fixtures.

Sagna is 100% on his way out and Aurier is definitely the most likely we will sign, though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by little_tom
I like him, but I still have mixed feelings over who we should sign, since he has to replace Sagna. There's not that many players in the market that can match him for consistency. I would rather have Coleman but we know that's not going to happen.

One thing that we need to consider is that if we sign him, he would be at the ACON next year. That means we will miss him for the most important part of the season, and have to use Bellerin or Jenkinson in some big game fixtures.

Sagna is 100% on his way out and Aurier is definitely the most likely we will sign, though.

Well there's our ready made excuse for being **** in jan next year.

Latest